Official Yankee fan thread

Yankee4Life

Hey Jim, where you at? Nine games into the season and I have not screamed once. It may be a record but I’m not sure. 😲

I have had reasons to also. Lazy Luis is up to his old tricks. He’ll be back by July 4th. Josh Donaldson has been proving that what he did last year was no fluke and Aaron Hicks is still on the team. But I am still patient and calm.

• Replies 732
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

9 hours ago, Kccitystar said:

We have THE WORST MEDICAL STAFF IN THE ENTIRE LEAGUE gvcydusvgkjavcgjk

That is an understatement. 🙁

21 minutes ago, sabugo said:

For years now! Unbelievable.

This team will never be a winner on the field unless they become winners off the field first. I am talking about first gathering all the medical staff in a room and giving them their walking papers and then doing the same to Boone and Cashman.

This article right here says that Stanton will be out at least a month.

But when you read the second paragraph it says that the "initial estimate being a four-to-six week recovery period." This means with Stanton it will be six to eight weeks.  Let's see, it's April 18 so that brings us (if they are accurate with this guy) to somewhere around June 18. But you know Stanton, once he gets on the disabled list it's hard to get him off of it. I don't see this guy back until July. Then once he comes back he will have to "find" his swing and that will last until the end of August and then you can cross off another year of the worst contract in Yankee history.

well I'll complain about this team, as usual even though it is April.  two outs, first inning, Angels starter walks 2 to load the bases and this crappy team does what they always do.  NOT score with RISP.  nothing changes.  glad I didn't renew subscription to MLB.TV.  Schmidt crapped for the  4th straight game.  no starter is he.  put his team in the hole quickly.  will only watch when they play Boston since my Verizon upgrade gave me NESN.  same guys getting hurt, year after year.

3 hours ago, Ritchie said:

well I'll complain about this team, as usual even though it is April.  two outs, first inning, Angels starter walks 2 to load the bases and this crappy team does what they always do.  NOT score with RISP.  nothing changes.  glad I didn't renew subscription to MLB.TV.  Schmidt crapped for the  4th straight game.  no starter is he.  put his team in the hole quickly.  will only watch when they play Boston since my Verizon upgrade gave me NESN.  same guys getting hurt, year after year.

I’m not going to go crazy over this team like I did in the past but I still see what is going on and it’s the same thing as it was last year and the year before that and etc, etc.

When they brought Boone and Cashman back I knew hope was lost before there was any hope at all. Boone is a terrible manager and Cashman signs free agents because he can. What do I know about Rondon? How the hell do I know? The five minutes he was out on the field last month in spring training I must have missed.

Of course the same guys get hurt year after year. Blame it on the conditioning staff. Damned Stanton is as strong as a bull but is as fragile as a faberge egg and that makes him completely useless to a ball club. Yes I know it is impressive when he gets a hold of one and drives it 450 feet but you know what? You have to be out there playing to do that and we won’t be seeing him until after Independence Day. Count on that.

Donaldson can crawl under a rock and stay there and if we’re lucky the rock will land on his leg and break something. Useless son a *$^#@

I can't bear to watch this team.  bad enough seeing what they did on-line and getting disappointment.  maybe the Rays will keep on winning and take the division this year.  will lose now and then but pick themselves right up the next game.  go Rays!!!!!!!

46 minutes ago, Ritchie said:

I can't bear to watch this team.  bad enough seeing what they did on-line and getting disappointment.  maybe the Rays will keep on winning and take the division this year.  will lose now and then but pick themselves right up the next game.  go Rays!!!!!!!

Tampa Bay has the intelligence to be competitive every single year and that team does not have two nickels to rub together. Can you imagine how unbeatable they would be if they had the money that the Yankees have? Intelligence plus the money to go out and get what you need if you need it. Tampa would leave everyone in the dust.

Conversely if the Yankees used their heads like the Rays do then they would be a lot tougher to beat and we would not hear anymore about how Houston is so much better.

35 minutes ago, Yankee4Life said:

Guess who got hurt again? Jameson Taillon. He is on the fifteen day disabled list with a left groin strain. Thank God he is not our problem.

must still be on Yankees conditioning..

does anyone know if this stupid 'free runner' in extra innings will end or is it permanent?   this is supposed to be baseball, not softball. 

12 hours ago, Ritchie said:

must still be on Yankees conditioning..

Sure as hell looks like it. We'll know for sure when he is ready to come off of the disabled list and then just like that comes up with another injury.

12 hours ago, Ritchie said:

does anyone know if this stupid 'free runner' in extra innings will end or is it permanent?   this is supposed to be baseball, not softball. 

I'm not really sure. And it stopped being baseball a long time ago when you can't touch the catcher or slide into second to break up a double play.

10 hours ago, Ritchie said:

Well Blue Jays rotation may have righted their ship while Yankees rotation still has holes.  Cole and Cortes, then nothing. 

You can say all the right things that their top pitchers are not back as of yet but then again can you? Severino is someone that makes his living by being on the disabled list and Rodon, well who knows? He's probably only thrown four innings as a Yankee. At least it is happening now instead of September.

Closer to the cellar than first place. Sinking. Need to patch the yacht. Trivino shut down. What else is new with this crappy team. O fer with RISP. Lower payroll teams ahead of these STINKEES. 

Brito has had his 2 games of fame. 

Edited by Ritchie

18 hours ago, Ritchie said:

2 ex-Yankees taking out revenge.  Another loss looming. Rays winning again.  Slip, sliding. 

It is very early to jump ship since it is only the last week in April although I do admit the hitting has been pretty bad.

8 hours ago, Ritchie said:

Closer to the cellar than first place. Sinking. Need to patch the yacht. Trivino shut down. What else is new with this crappy team. O fer with RISP. Lower payroll teams ahead of these STINKEES. 

Brito has had his 2 games of fame. 

This is the first I heard about Trivino. Wonderful, another injury. I won’t give up on Brito. Hey, he’s out there which is more than Lazy Luis and Rondon can say.

They need to remain close. I would panic if they had Oakland’s record but the Yankees are still able to remain competitive.

9 hours ago, Ritchie said:

I just checked my baseball scores app and see the STINKEES down 6 to 2.  Looks like another loss.  Twins no a longer punching bag.  Getting closer to the cellar. 

They are no longer a punching bag because the Yankees are not hitting. Why? I don’t know. What I do know is that the only thing the Yankees did in the off season was re-sign Judge (like they had a choice) and bring in Carlos Rodon, who I am assuming is a good pitcher although he has managed to avoid the pitching mound since he put on pinstripes. Other than some minor moves that will prove to be nothing that is that.

They would help themselves a lot by getting rid of Donaldson and Hicks. They act like they are strapped for cash. I have a feeling if Tampa Bay or Oakland had those two stiffs they’d dump them but not the Yankees. Maybe one of them will go on a 3 for 40 tear and prove everyone wrong.

No need to get upset. It’s how it is.