Yankee4Life

• Replies 732
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

49 minutes ago, Ritchie said:

STANkees go 3W 3L vs 2 last place teams.  What a shame. Jordan wins again vs his former team.  Wait 'til next year!!! 

This is a highly inconsistent team bordering on being an embarrassment. Why should it matter if they went 3 - 3 against last place teams? I’m happy they won three.

People might say “if only Judge was in there!” It didn’t matter last year. Inconsistency is what beats them and it has nothing to do with who they are playing.

And by the way I am curious. What does wait ‘till next year mean here? Is next year going to be the magic cure for what ails this team? Will the injuries be under control in 2024? How about the hitters? Will they automatically start to hit next year? Wait ‘till next year was the old Brooklyn battle cry that was based on optimism. I am not optimistic that everything will be ok in the Bronx because the calendar reads 2024.

15 hours ago, Ritchie said:

Why is this numbnuts of a pitcher, Severino, still in the rotation?? 

I didn’t watch the game last night but that’s not news. I’m happier this way. To answer your question about Severino all I have to do is point you at the worst manager in baseball, Aaron Boone. The double talk out of that guy is amazing at times. I did not read the game write-up this morning but I am sure he found something positive about last night. This guy needs to be fired. I miss the no-nonsense of George Steinbrenner.

The good news is Severino is a free agent this off season. The bad news is that he is a free agent this off season. Cashman will sign him to a six-year contract.

I have some questions for the regular users here and Ritchie you don’t really have to answer because in your view the Yankees have been slip, sliding, away since New Year’s Day.

1. What is your view as to why they can not hit at all? Remember, they fell apart in late June and because of their big lead they got into the playoffs. That’s not the case this year. The way I see them they have a bad hitting team and that does not matter if Judge is in the lineup.

2. Look at Carlos Rodon last night. He is the only major off season acquisition that the Yankees made last off season. Franchy Cordero does not count. That was supposed to solve things?

3. We have in my opinion the worst manager in the American League if not all of baseball. Aaron Boone does not ever criticize his players even when they ask for it. Gleyber Torres loafs to first base a lot. Stanton pulls a hamstring because he thought he hit a home run and went into his jog and then saw it hit off the wall. Sometimes these guys need a kick in the pants but all this guy does is give back rubs. I do not want to fall into the trap and say that Billy Martin would have done this or Billy Martin would have done that but with all the flaws that Martin had he was still better than Boone because he would never coddle these players like Boone does (see: Reggie Jackson, Fenway Park, June 18, 1977) because if they did not hustle they would hear it from him. Not Boone. You can always count on him making excuses.

4. I got spoiled as a Yankee fan having good general managers running the front office. Gabe Paul, Al Rosen, Gene Michael for example. Now we have Brian Cashman that deserves every bit of flack he gets. We entered 2023 without a left fielder and for some reason they do not let Estevan Florial up to see what he can do over a matter of months instead of ten at-bats. Jake Bauers is no outfielder but throw him out there! Why not? If he hits a home run when they are down 9 - 1 in the ninth it is all worth it.

These are the New York Yankees? We have four guys hitting around .120, give or take a few points and Stanton, who is out-and-out stealing money from the ball club is one of them. But by all means, keep on sending them out there and when nothing changes don’t act surprised.

16 minutes ago, Ritchie said:

Well, you know my stand on this team. Saw highlights as I do not watch these bums and Stanton didn't pull a groin running  the bases before they overturned the call?? Gracious me.  Hallelujah!!! The bum!! 

I know your stance on this team. What I'm trying to do is bring up things that can be talked about.

• 2 weeks later...

you guys can bash me all you want, but I have given up on this team - you know how I feel about them, and I hope they stay where they are in the standings. you cannot blame the hitting on Judge being on the IL because they are others who should pick up the slack, but they are not doing so.  from the highlights I saw, the BP blew this big time - Kahnle, Holmes especially giving the GS and handing Cole another ND.  they lose 2 of 3 the Cubbies, and now 2 of 3 to the Rockies. so keep slip, sliding, away - not even a trade or two will help.  have been going down the tube since before last years AS break. 

19 hours ago, Ritchie said:

Aaron Boone doesn’t hold back on Yankees’ struggles: ‘We stink right now’.   and Boone, you noticed last night?  I knew quite some time ago.

They haven't done anything in over a year.

Even though I am not ranting and raving right now that does not mean I am not upset or do not care about how bad they have been playing.

I’m not happy at all but I know I can’t do anything about it and getting mad solved nothing except to give me headaches. They have not hit bottom yet but they are close.

If they miss the playoffs with this expensive collection of ballplayers it may be the best thing that they needed. Maybe, just maybe mind you just maybe that will wake up the management of the Yankees. Starting with Steinbrenner and having him get rid of Cashman and Boone. I am tired of the excuses coming out of each one of them. Why we entered this season without a left fielder and why we let Benentendi go is an explanation I have yet to hear.

Jose Trevino is out for the season and will require surgery for a right wrist tear.  wrist that has been ailing for months.   didn't he inform team management ?  what else is new?

IF, and when Judge comes back, it will NOT save their season.  see my post from Sunday.

Edited by Ritchie

Wow, we swept Kansas City. They beat a team that they were supposed to beat and I get the feeling people are happy once again. If that’s so what is wrong with them?

There are twenty series remaining to be played by the Yankees this season and fourteen of those are going to be against winning teams and the remaining six series against losing teams will not be a breather for them because they have shown they have the ability to make teams like the Cardinals, Rockies and Angels look like defending World Series champs.

Pitcher Michael Feliz of the Scranton Railriders asked for and was granted a release from his contract so he could go play in Japan. The first thing I thought of was why couldn’t it be Stanton?

Ha, ha, ha. Saw another ND for Cole. High price Judge with 3 BB. 1 to 0 score. This team hasn't hit all year and will never do so this half of season. Slip, sliding, away.  Must be frustrating to watch these games. Glad I don't.  And up here, the BoSox win again. 

14 hours ago, Ritchie said:

Ha, ha, ha. Saw another ND for Cole. High price Judge with 3 BB. 1 to 0 score. This team hasn't hit all year and will never do so this half of season. Slip, sliding, away.  Must be frustrating to watch these games. Glad I don't.  And up here, the BoSox win again. 

Cole pitched very well again and if he was on any other team he would've had at least fifteen wins by now.

Of course they intentionally walked Aaron Judge. The other eight in the lineup are automatic outs. They have not hit all year and they have not hit last year or the year before that or the year before that. Other teams go into hitting slumps but the Yankees when they get in hitting slumps it lasts a long time. This current one has been going on since June of last year.

You don't have to say slip sliding away anymore. We got it loud and clear. I don't blame you one bit for not having faith in this team. I certainly do not. I am not happy about this at all and I wish that they would play better but I know I can't do anything about it. This is the first summer in a very long time that I have not been angry and frustrated and lot and it feels great. I'm not saying I don't care because I do. All I want them to do is win but if they don't they don't.

So, big deal if Boston won again. It's not going to affect you. Just enjoy the summer because pretty soon July will be in the books.