• Replies 732
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Jim825 said:

And just like that, the Yankees complete the sweep. :yahoo:

Stanton does it again. He has 10 RBI’s in the series and the Red Sox score 9 total runs. :o

My God that guy can just kill a baseball. I hope they all continue this in Toronto.

And wasn't it nice that he hit it off of Ottavino? We saw him do that too many times as a Yankee.

Great win and sweep!! Thank you Joe West for calling safe on dropped foul tipped  catch by Vazquez. But it shouldn't have come down to this race IF they hadn't blown several losses during the season. Now Yankees have TOUGH week ahead while the Sox have easy schedule.

I cannot help but think back to how the Tigers swept them in Detroit back in June. If they would've won one game in that series it would've made a big difference now. And I am sure that you can go back and pick out about 20 games where they should've won but didn't.

Whoever made this schedule must of been from New England because the Red Sox were handed this easy schedule. I can only hope that the Baltimore Orioles play Boston these next three games as well as they played the Yankees all year.

Now they have to go up to Toronto and do the same thing they did in Boston. The first time that fat Vlad comes up he should be drilled right in the back. That will send a statement that the Yankees are not screwing around.

@Yankee4Lifepretty much what I was thinking last week upon sweeping games and not 2 of 3 because this only gains 1 game in the standing. There were games I thought of that should have been won and the Yankees would be looking good right now and that Tiger series you mentioned  I had forgotten .  So, yes, they  need these games. It's their fault the position they are in right now.

2 hours ago, Jim825 said:

Yankees win!

Red Sox lose!

Judge and Stanton continue with the hot bats

The bullpen continues to pitch great

It was a wonderful night Jim and it is so nice to see those two guys locked in at the plate. And like you said the bullpen is doing a great job.

I saw a picture of that little guy. Whatever gives them luck is fine with me.

27 minutes ago, Ritchie said:

WOW!!  great win..  I cannot believe $ale got beat by the O's.

I can. Sale is a legend in his own mind and he deserves to get knocked around. Now we got to hope that Baltimore plays like this until the season is done.

3 hours ago, Ritchie said:

Cole is not the ACE of the staff anymore. 6.15 ERA last 5 starts. Not looking good.  Kluber pitches tonight. Oh my!! Not looking good, either. May lose the top WC spot, may even lose any WC spots.  Not getting my hopes up - haven't had it all season, anyway.

Nothing is guaranteed yet, well that is obvious. If they make the wild card then I will be happy but if they don't I won't wonder what happened. What happened was this entire season since Opening Day.

Am I worried? Hell yeah. But since I can not do a thing about it except root them on I am not going to get consumed with worry.

@Yankee4Life  I know no team can win every game. this is baseball, ups and down as I had played organized baseball BUT this team has lost many games they should have WON, either leading late in the game but numerous runs or could not score with RISP when needed, or could not beat them, especially against the low teams is what has gotten me this year since they could have been the division winner and IF they blow the WC position then I can say for myself, as I have all season, a bunch of has-beens.

Well, it’s not just the Yankees that the Orioles play well against. They took 2 out of 3 from the Red Sox.

Let’s hope the Nationals can do the same and that the Rays start resting players for the playoffs as they start the final series with the Yankees. 

19 hours ago, Ritchie said:

@Yankee4Life  I know no team can win every game. this is baseball, ups and down as I had played organized baseball BUT this team has lost many games they should have WON, either leading late in the game but numerous runs or could not score with RISP when needed, or could not beat them, especially against the low teams is what has gotten me this year since they could have been the division winner and IF they blow the WC position then I can say for myself, as I have all season, a bunch of has-beens.

I don't know if they were has-beens but I will say that the team has been made up of players who should not be on the roster and were in every day positions. Sanchez to begin with. They were also too right-handed a lineup. Who ever thought a Yankee team could say that? There's three games left and if they make the wild card that's great. I always want them in the post season. But really they should have won the division. I would love to see them make some decent moves and then when next year arrives have them slice through the season and win games in the same way they lost this year.

Well, it’s not just the Yankees that the Orioles play well against. They took 2 out of 3 from the Red Sox.

All I can say is that it is about time.

Let’s hope the Nationals can do the same and that the Rays start resting players for the playoffs as they start the final series with the Yankees. 

I hope so Jim and maybe Tampa will rest people but they are also a deep club.

At a glance here are the home and road records for the three most important series' that will be played this weekend.

Boston at Washington: The Red Sox are 40 - 38 on the road and Washington is 35 -42.

Baltimore at Toronto: The Orioles are 25 - 53 on the road and Toronto is 44 - 33 at home.

Tampa Bay at New York: Tampa Bay is 46 - 32 on the road and the Yankees are 45 -33 at home.

Should be interesting.

Finally....

Voit.thumb.jpg.541d81f14865dd93de1f37c6dff529b7.jpg

The Yankees announced Thursday afternoon that Luke Voit will go on the 10-day injured list with inflammation in his left knee, that same knee that was surgically repaired in the spring. This marks Voit’s fourth visit to the IL this year. He could return in the playoffs if the Yankees advance far enough, depending on what the tests show.

This year Voit played in 68 games and had 11 home runs and 35 RBI with a .239 average. Who's going to miss him?

great win last night again.  now maybe wanting too much but a sweep will be great this weekend to keep the team on a roll. never did like the WC as it is a one and done.  didn't expect the Yankees to be where they are today the way the season has gone, BUT, the division should have been theirs for the taking.