Official Yankee fan thread

Yankee4Life

• Replies 732
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Woke this morning and saw another pi$$-a$$ performance from $300m Cole. Another pi$$-a$$ performance from multi million dollar teammates as they got CRUSHED by the Sox.  Should have never even been in the WC game as they embarrassed themselves once again on national tv. Good thing I don't get ESPN.  Another long winter ahead. Thanks a lot for nothing, STINkees.  Now go home and play some golf and I can get hassled here in Massachusetts from my brothers and coworkers.

image.png

Edited by Ritchie

1st on the Yankees agenda:    HR Heaney elected free agency on Friday instead of accepting an outright assignment.

2nd:    manager Aaron Boone was back in The Bronx on Friday, as were hitting coach Marcus Thames and pitching coach Matt Blake. Whether Boone and the coaching staff will return remains in doubt, as the Yankees absorb another early postseason exit - will have to wait and see...

3rd and so on:     will have to wait and see.

WAIT AND SEE:  has been the Yankees slogan for 12 years now.

Tampa Bay Rays:  you let me down last night.  came back at Sale in 1st inning with a 5 spot and quickly gave it and the game away.. now in Boston for 2 -  c'mon, don't let me down....

Edited by Ritchie

I waited a few days to post this because to be honest I have been catching up on my sleep. Whatever day it was that the Yankees lost in Boston it doesn't matter now but since that loss I have been sleeping very well because finally the final chapter in this terrible 2021 season is done.

Don't misunderstand at all and just take this for what it's worth. I did not want them to lose the wildcard game and especially to that particular team but at the same time I expected them to lose because all you have to do was watch them play all year and you knew something was going to go wrong.

I don't know what happened with the success of 2019 and how it morphed into a lazy and one-dimensional team that they are at the present time. This is a ballclub that from top to bottom is a lousy hitting team. And you might say to yourself but they have such good hitters and that's true but they all try for the homerun every single time they are at bat and good pitchers are always able to take advantage of it. If you are looking for a team that can't hit, strikes out way too much, makes too many errors and does not know how to run the bases then look no further because these guys are just for you.

And now we head in to another off-season that is going to be built on excuses and promises. Nobody and I mean nobody looks at the Yankees like the Yankees anymore. No one is afraid of them and teams like Tampa Bay lick their chops when they have to play the Yankees. Get your head around the sad fact that the Kansas City Royals have been to the World Series two times since the Yankees in 2009. Kansas City! The only people that live there are the ones that have to.

Many changes need to be made. Okay, no kidding. But where to start? Behind the plate is as good as any. If the Yankees decide that watching Gary Sanchez for a 162 game season is worth bringing back for another year that I am first going to cancel my MLB account and stop watching them altogether because this guy has worn out all his chances. I don't wish for anything bad to happen to Sanchez but if he ends up getting on the wrong plane that lands in North Korea instead of the Dominican Republic I would care less.

Luke Voit? If they don't sign Anthony Rizzo than this guy can get lost. He gets hurt too much. And before they give Gleyber Torres a new contract they should see if he has a pulse first. Brett Gardner has to go. The guy did nothing but so did so many others. Clint Frazier? What the hell? He gets handed the left-field job and then he handed it right back to them. Pitchers? Big deal that they got rid of Andrew Heaney. Even the school of the blind saw that coming.

I don't expect them to contend next year because they have too many issues and I think Aaron Boone is part of the problem too but if he comes back that is anyone's guess.

Spring training is only a few short months away. We get through this winter and there it is. So, that is something I look forward to. But the first time you hear any Yankee say that they have a "championship ballclub" you should laugh in his face because he is flat out lying to you.

1 hour ago, Ritchie said:

Hoping for a miracle by the Rays, who are letting me down vs the Sox, but it may be an ALCS of 2 cheating clubs, including one cheating manager.

PLEASE root for the Red Sox in the ALCS!  It’s the only way they are going to lose . . . :)

18 hours ago, sabugo said:

Meaning what?

Meaning multiple players on multiple teams in the past have used steroids to cheat, including the Yankees, including the Giants, including the A's, including the Orioles.  There's big money involved.  People are involved.  Some people have no scruples. Historically, some people will cheat to get ahead in any line of work or endeavor.

When said cheating leads directly to World Series rings, I think that puts it in a different level than league-wide steroid abuse, which was sort of a worst kept secret by everyone involved, including MLB officials. 

You could argue and say that it's all cheating, but I don't think they're exactly the same thing.

4 minutes ago, Yankee4Life said:

Phil Nevin and Marcus Thames were let go by the Yankees. Like that is supposed to fix everything.

They were thrown out at the plate more than any other team (Nevin) and had issues hitting (Thames), so changes were definitely needed in those areas. 

3 hours ago, Jim825 said:

They were thrown out at the plate more than any other team (Nevin) and had issues hitting (Thames), so changes were definitely needed in those areas. 

Thames was also the hitting coach when they had pretty good hitting seasons, just a couple of years ago. A bunch of players underperformed this year at the plate. I don't think that's all Thames' fault.
It's either a panic move or an entire change in their hitting philosphy.

I agree with letting Nevin go. They just sucked on the basepaths.

10 hours ago, Jim825 said:

Oh, don't get me wrong. It doesn't bother me at all that they are gone. They got to start somewhere and I am just curious to see what players will go too.

7 hours ago, sabugo said:

It's either a panic move or an entire change in their hitting philosphy.

I think it is also a panic move. But they have to start somewhere.

12 hours ago, Ritchie said:

@Yankee4Life  I found the classic radio directory forum you posted with vintage baseball games.  thanks.

downloaded a couple of games to listen.

I'm glad you liked them. I consider it a treasury of baseball history. If you have not already listened to it I recommend Game six of the 1936 World Series. The Yankees scored seven runs in the ninth to win the series. Joe Dimaggio, Bill Dickey, Lou Gehrig, Tony Lazzeri and Lefty Gomez are playing for the Yankees and Bill Terry, Mel Ott and Gus Mancuso are playing for the Giants. This is when baseball was baseball.

@Yankee4Life yes, I did download that game and will listen to it.  And, sorry to say this, but congrats to the 'stros, only bcuz they beat the Sox. Now I  don't have to hear the Sox fans here, including my brothers. Would like to c the Braves beat LA. and it seems fitting Tucker smacks a finishing HR off former Yankees, Ottavio.

Edited by Ritchie

2 hours ago, Ritchie said:

@Yankee4Life yes, I did download that game and will listen to it.  And, sorry to say this, but congrats to the 'stros, only bcuz they beat the Sox. Now I  don't have to hear the Sox fans here, including my brothers. Would like to c the Braves beat LA. and it seems fitting Tucker smacks a finishing HR off former Yankees, Ottavio.

Exactly what I was thinking. Red Sox fans, at least nine out of ten of them will rub it in your face when their team wins. I wasn't comfortable rooting for Houston but it was damn better than rooting for Boston. Here's a big reason why I don't have time for the average Red Sox fan. Back in 2004 when they won their first World Series in eighty-six years we had new users join up here on the site with Red Sox user names such as Manny24, Pedro, Papi, etc, etc and all of them claimed to be "lifelong" Red Sox fans. Yeah, sure they were. Bandwagon fans, yes. Lifelong? Not a chance. Maybe fans from the last few months of the season but that's about it.

Believe it or not I have talked to many pretty good Red Sox fans in here.

Boston has had an insane amount of luck for a long time now with their major sports teams and I am just patiently waiting for it to end.

• 4 weeks later...