Total Portraits 2008 Thread

Hory

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There's still more to come,

Next up is a Rockies update then the jays and whitesox

cybernetic -

thanks for the jays pics, only missing these jays from UR 2.35 now..

7315 Danny Solano

7336 Jesus Gonzalez

7337 Brian Hall

7338 Danny Hill

2896 Justin James

7343 Yuber Rodriguez

7348 Davis Romero

7351 Jayce Tingler

Hory, I know I mentioned it before about some of the White Sox portraits appearing to be washed out, I've touched some of the portraits up (mainly color/contrast balancing) and they look a lot better. I wasn't sure if you were planning on doing this for the updated White Sox portraits or not, if so and if you haven't done it yet, I could send you what I've done already. They are the pressbox pics, so they should be the same ones you were using.

I have found a way to get into the hi res MLB photo stores, so I would like to help make an updated Mets. Petit and Humber, two Top 100's don't have portraits, and they are on MLB.com. So I'll get the pics if you want. Thanks for all the great portraits so far! :wtg:

I have found a way to get into the hi res MLB photo stores, so I would like to help make an updated Mets. Petit and Humber, two Top 100's don't have portraits, and they are on MLB.com. So I'll get the pics if you want. Thanks for all the great portraits so far! :wtg:

Hory uses that already.

Hory, I know I mentioned it before about some of the White Sox portraits appearing to be washed out, I've touched some of the portraits up (mainly color/contrast balancing) and they look a lot better. I wasn't sure if you were planning on doing this for the updated White Sox portraits or not, if so and if you haven't done it yet, I could send you what I've done already. They are the pressbox pics, so they should be the same ones you were using.

Yes, thanks, I have already gone through and touched up most of the affected whitesox portraits for the upcoming update - but I'd like to see/know the ones you have done so I can be sure I haven't missed any out,

you can send them to TotalMvP05@gmail.com if you like

Thanks

Yes, thanks, I have already gone through and touched up most of the affected whitesox portraits for the upcoming update - but I'd like to see/know the ones you have done so I can be sure I haven't missed any out,

you can send them to TotalMvP05@gmail.com if you like

Thanks

Well, minus a few players no longer with the organization (Yofu, Stewart, Dransfeldt, Wright, Pacheco), it's pretty much the same as your original release plus Jamie Burke & Corwin Malone. I just touched up the originals, no resizing or cropping was done. I sent them to your email address, if you can use them, great, if not, oh well. At least gmail gives you lots of space!

oh ok, i didn't think all of them needed to be done, but I'm sure you would know which Whitesox needed doing better than I :)

edit - ahh, sorry, i didn't realise you meant you were sending all the originals

thanks a lot for that

So what is your estimate of when the TotalMLB portraits mod will come out?

Ok, well only 12 of the 30 organisations is what could be called 'complete' or close to it, in that they have

an installer and portraits for nearly all players in MLB,AAA,AA,A (going by the Ultimate Roster) as well as players on the FA list who played their last game for that team plus other top prospects that are not in Ultimate Rosters.

So far I've released around 2046 portraits in total I expect a Total TotalPortraits would have around 3000+ portraits total, so it's still gonna be a while till then. so yes, it may be a 'hassle' to install 30 team portrait sets but I'm sure people would agree it's not that much of a 'hassle' compared to making them.

In the mean time if you want that time of a Totaltotalportraits to be sooner, you can help by finding (as hi-resoulution as possible) headshots of players on your team's organisation that don't already have a picture on mlb.com and post links here or email it to TotalMVP05@gmail.com or you could paypal donate at that address if you're feeling that way inclined.

For instance I am having trouble finding pics of Oakland's minor leaguers as most of their affiliates have very few player photos. Anaheim and Arizona are still delayed because mlb.com has not put the 2005 high-resolution images up and the even the small angels pics on mlb.com look over brightened and awful to use anyway. I had a brief look for some more Mets minor leaguers in A Ball a few weeks back and couldn't find many.

Anyway the next sets which are being worked on with player pictures needed now are

Colorado Rockies

7828 Jon Asahina

7823 Zach McClellan

7840 Marcos Mendoza

7844 Scott Ramsey

7846 Alex Serrano

Chicago White Sox (list incomplete)

2827 Andy Gonzalez

6308 Giovany Gonzalez

6312 Francisco Hernandez

6351 BJ LaMura

6344 Jim Bullard

6307 Josh L. Fields

2836 Antoin Gray

6350 Cory Haggerty

6322 Dwayne Pollok

6335 Heath Phillips

6356 Guillermo Reyes

6327 Mike Spidale

6358 Chris Stewart

3223 Christopher Young

Toronto Blue Jays

7336 Jesus Gonzalez

7337 Brian Hall

7338 Danny Hill

2896 Justin James

7343 Yuber Rodriguez

7348 Davis Romero

7351 Jayce Tingler

also being released shortly are small updates to the Giants and Mariners

(adding Pat Borders and few improved portraits to Sea, fixing matt cain, add trade portraits for hawkins, brower etc to Sf)

Hey cubsfaninfla, the 'new cap' mlb source images you're posting are good but only of use to me if you leave them in their original hi-resolution size, because I create the portrait and its alpha and then resize it down to 128x128, the hi-res headshots can be uploaded to imageshack, so if you do post the hi-res versions, just please post thumbnails or links to them in this thread not the full image for the sake of low-bandwidth users. Thanks

Hey cubsfaninfla, the 'new cap' mlb source images you're posting are good but only of use to me if you leave them in their original hi-resolution size, because I create the portrait and its alpha and then resize it down to 128x128, the hi-res headshots can be uploaded to imageshack, so if you do post the hi-res versions, just please post thumbnails or links to them in this thread not the full image for the sake of low-bandwidth users. Thanks

munson5ep.th.png

Archived