Site Issues

Trues

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I know I'm not really part of this, but... too bad, I'll step in. I agree to some extent that DJ seems to be overreacting a bit. To me, a simple link to the site is fine, as long as you don't start purposefully advertising, especially if you start implying this site's "worth," but I don't recall any of you really doing that in "adverising." But again, I think it's also not fair to say that only because of the fact you're a frequent EAmods member is why you're being targeted. Perhaps not specifically you guys, but you can't say some other people on EAmods (namely those banned from mvpmods) haven't contributed to the sudden stupid "rivalry." You obviously did something to make DJ mad, whether he should have gotten mad is up for grabs, but still... two wrongs don't make a right. Hey, it's cliche but true.

abc, trust me on this. There is more going on than you know.

Well, I am done with TV watching and as I said before I would post in here concerning what went on tonight.

Honestly, I am tired of it and I do speak for the entire staff. No one needs this frustration here. There is enough of it in real life. But this has all been said before and it doesn't register with people or maybe they just do not care to hear it.

So be it.

The decision to remove spungo's uniform thread should not be placed on Trues' lap. It was a collective decision by every member of the staff except for two people. Sean O, because he wasn't a staff member yet and carter, since he has not been around a lot. Every other member of the staff agreed to having it removed.

For everyone's information, spungo in late August asked me to remove all his mods on this website because he was going to compile them into one neat, organized download for everyone. So I did it without hesitation because I work for the modders here and not against them. Well, time went by and I asked him when he was going to upload his stuff again and he told me that he was still in the process of getting things organized. Well, to make a long story short, he ended up telling me that he was not going to upload his stuff here because basically he likes EAmods more and he also didn't like something Raptor said about him. Well, that ended that. And if anyone wants any proof of this I still have the PM's.

This decision of his made his thread over on this website unnecessary. Nothing would make me happier than to have his mods featured on both sites at the same time but it is a decision I can not make and it is something I will not concern myself with again.

But here's one thing spungo that you said that was so off base that it is out right laughable:

And again again, I don't recall bad-mouthing this website, either. Prove it, post up anything and everything I've typed to bad-mouth this site.

Here is a quote, from you, on your recent Inisty.big mod that you just uploaded over at Eamods:

-------------

CAUTION

-------------

Please be aware that all of the graphics/texture updates included in this download are extremely next-gen in appearance. This update has been known to blow people away, induce heart attacks, and explode heads, due to it's high levels of next-gen quality. Please keep this download away from:

- The elderly

- Women who are pregnant and/or nursing

- Dinosaurs

- MVPmods admins

I assume you are just trying to be funny, but it is still insulting no matter which way you try to twist it. You have a habit of saying anything you want and if people have a bit of a problem with it you use the excuse of "I am just a sarcastic person" and that is supposed to excuse it. The dinosaur reference is a thinly disguised jab at Raptorquiz, who by the way if you both to ask him about his screen name will tell you it has nothing to do with dinosaurs. The Mvpmods admins insult is a direct shot at Mark, carter, DJ, tebjr, Trues and myself. We are all admins. You bad mouth us, you bad mouth the site. We represent the site.

This site is making a terrible mistake in the way it's treating those who also frequent EAmods... what a shame.

No, no we are not. This is the reason for this post of mine tonight. It is my wish to explain to people here what has been going on that they are not aware of.

so what, he's not getting his thread back?

Hory, if it was up to me personally, I would say not a chance. But this is something that obviously will be talked about among everyone.

I do not understand why you guys are pushing thespungo away so hard, I understand KC is your golden boy, but WOW.

Kraw, no one pushed him away. He asked to have everything removed. I have the PM's to prove this. And KC is not our golden boy. And that statement does not take anything away from him at all. Hell yeah he makes great uniforms but so did a lot of others. Remember Moser316? We featured him just as much as KC back in the day. Spungo's work is excellent to. No way I can put that down.

Now jiggles, please contact Y4L if you have any questions about me pulling my mods, he's got the official answers, not super bad fictional ones.

And there you go bad mouthing someone here again.

Now about my eventual return to this website and uploading mods here again, I guess that's all thrown out the window.

There was serious doubt about you re-uploading your uniforms here and other mods too and I shared that sentiment.

It seems to me that the resentment towards the staff on this website go in cycles. Right now it seems to be that Raptor is the number one bad guy of the moment and DJ and tebjr are tied for second. For a long time it was Mark and myself. My time's going to come again and then those guys will have the heat taken off them. What I really want is for this stuff to stop. Maybe with keeping some of you guys out of here it will end up working out in a good way. Personally, and this I stress is strictly from me, I think Hory and Kraw are important people on this website. It is overlooked how much support those two give to others on here but not to me because I see it practically on a daily basis. And call it a gut feeling, but I don't think those two care for the unneeded drama around here either.

I'm about done. The only thing I am going to suggest to the staff tonight is to outlaw any sig that says "upload your stuff to eamods." If that comes to pass you can then blame me and I could care less. That is something I am going to push for and push hard. I don't want to see it again because no one has a sig on eamods that advertises for this website. What is good for one is good for the other.

That's it. If someone from Eamods would kindly like to cut and paste this post from me over there, please do so so the banned members can see this. Except for Kraw, he's still here. :lol:

I will post on this subject later on. Not now. I'm catching up with Smallville right now on DVR. I had no idea this was going on.

Good start to your vacation (the Smallville part) :party2:

Oh, and on a side note, I can never find the emoticon I want, is it possible to sort them in to groups, like sad ones and happy ones and pissed off ones? I just always end up giving up and not using one.

If everyone agrees on ya'lls end, would you mind giving an exception for madden/fifa or nhl/nba related?

I'd like to know ahead of time so I can remove it myself whena decision goes into affect or effect <--whatever who cares.

I have no objection to that UncleMo. In fact I have been planning to follow the Madden tournament myself.

Isn't this a little childish Y4L? I mean, this is about modding a video game and to give the members of each site the best mods -- to make playing the game more enjoyable. However, it seems like it's being treated as some sort big company where everybody has to follow the corporate code. I understand that personal insults, racist remarks, spamming, and so on aren't tolerated, but it looks like a reach every now and then to ban certain people, because there's some bad history.

as an outsider it sure looks like a vendetta to me between eamods and mvpmods, and sadly, this is not beneficial for anyone that just wants to make their game more fun.

Isn't this a little childish Y4L? I mean, this is about modding a video game and to give the members of each site the best mods -- to make playing the game more enjoyable. However, it seems like it's being treated as some sort big company where everybody has to follow the corporate code. I understand that personal insults, racist remarks, spamming, and so on aren't tolerated, but it looks like a reach every now and then to ban certain people, because there's some bad history.

as an outsider it sure looks like a vendetta to me between eamods and mvpmods, and sadly, this is not beneficial for anyone that just wants to make their game more fun.

Before I answer any questions you may have just point out to me what you think is childish. Then I'll post. I am not going to post and assume something.

well, basically the whole thing in general, because it looks like a clash of ego's (I'm not referring to you in particular Y4L, but all parties involved), which to me seems a little immature. One example would be spungo's download instructions, which you find insulting. Perhaps it's easier to just let it go and leave it for what it is ... a joke (even if you don't find it funny).

anyway, I maybe a little out of order here, because I'm not familiar with all these issues, but I felt that I should say something and hopefully the differences can be worked out for the good of the community.

well, basically the whole thing in general, because it looks like a clash of ego's (I'm not referring to you in particular Y4L, but all parties involved), which to me seems a little immature. One example would be spungo's download instructions, which you find insulting. Perhaps it's easier to just let it go and leave it for what it is ... a joke (even if you don't find it funny).

anyway, I maybe a little out of order here, because I'm not familiar with all these issues, but I felt that I should say something and hopefully the differences can be worked out for the good of the community.

It is what it is. There is nothing I can do about it at this time except to offer the hope that this resolves itself.

You are not out of order for bringing up these questions. In fact, I am glad you did. Maybe in this post I can clear things up some more and have you understand what's been going on. Granted, you do not know everything that has been going on and that's because we don't want to bring this stuff out here in the open like this. And it is not just you that does not have the entire picture, it is all the members here. We don't want to involve you in something like this because we basically want you to enjoy yourself on here and not get dragged in the bull****.

As far as the immature part, I would agree with you there. There's been a lot of name calling lately, especially with the take-off on the admin screen names. And it's all come from one person at Eamods. No one on this staff is going to go over there and go in their shoutbox and call names to their staff members, but it has happened here.

With all the mods released on this website, there is not one of them that has in their description in any way putting down Eamods or the Eamods admins. But we had to be subjected to it with spungo's recent mod upload over there.

I understand that you may think it is just a joke, and maybe it is. But you got to consider the source where it came from and that makes it doubtful that it was. If you know a person really well on here you can tell if they are joking or not, am I right? MarkB and I have worked together for a long time. I know when he's joking with me and I know when he's not. So if he was the one who released that mod and not spungo and had the exact same description word for word, I'd know Mark was making a joke because I know him. What I also know is that spungo dislikes the mods around here and as sure as I am with my attitude towards Mark that is how sure I am that he was not joking around.

And my friend, we don't have to take that and whomever the person was on this staff that suspended him yesterday must have felt the same way.

I don't like how this has turned out. I would much rather work with that website and what they have to offer than against it. But at the same time JP_Frost, you have to work with what you have and not what you want.

I hope I explained this to your satisfaction. Again, feel free to ask anything else.

i have been a member for a few months and post barely if ever, and watching what has gone on between mvpmods and eamods, it is all so stupid.

krawhitham from what i gather, is basically one of the godfathers of modding, hory makes exceptional photo mods, and spungo makes the best unis to date, so why are you pushing these guys away, seems pretty dumb to me.

what seems to be the problem? are you guys worried that eamods is winning this "site battle."

in my eyes, this is a very unprofessionally run site, i think i will be switching over to eamods to do my mod downloading. plus they have all i need in terms of ea sports gaming, plus less noobs and much more professional staff.

sorry it had to come to this.

i have been a member for a few months and post barely if ever, and watching what has gone on between mvpmods and eamods, it is all so stupid.

krawhitham from what i gather, is basically one of the godfathers of modding, hory makes exceptional photo mods, and spungo makes the best unis to date, so why are you pushing these guys away, seems pretty dumb to me.

what seems to be the problem? are you guys worried that eamods is winning this "site battle."

in my eyes, this is a very unprofessionally run site, i think i will be switching over to eamods to do my mod downloading. plus they have all i need in terms of ea sports gaming, plus less noobs and much more professional staff.

sorry it had to come to this.

You've only been a member for a few months now. You don't know what's actually going on. Kraw is one of the top modders around. No one can ever say that he isn't. Hory doesn't do portraits anymore. And there are other people besides KC and spungo that have made uniforms. If you had bothered to check the download areas you would be blown away with the work by sandman, fizzjob and many others who have made them. Spungo makes good uniforms but he didn't invent uniform creating.

But if you do want to leave, then do it. Log off and that's that. Sorry to come up short in your eyes. Next time get the entire picture before you judge.

Well, Y4L (also known as YankMeforLife, sorry, i had to said this), actually every admin on this site is hated. I actually think one thing: let's get over with this. It's a site, we are trying to make this game better, not to start a war.

Spungo quits modding? Fine. I hope he's gonna have a good life.

Nobody gets banned from MVPmods without a reason, don't worry.

Let's talk about Kraw: every post he made was stupid. I don't know why: he was a great modder, but he said a lot of stupid things. 4 or 5 months ago he personally insulted me (now that thread got deleted).

Now, i haven't been here for 2 weeks, so i don't know what happened to Spungo. And i don't know what happened to Hory either. And for god's sake, if someone on Eamods bashes MVPmods, i dont give a damn.

Well, Y4L (also known as YankMeforLife, sorry, i had to said this), actually every admin on this site is hated. I actually think one thing: let's get over with this. It's a site, we are trying to make this game better, not to start a war.

Spungo quits modding? Fine. I hope he's gonna have a good life.

Nobody gets banned from MVPmods without a reason, don't worry.

Let's talk about Kraw: every post he made was stupid. I don't know why: he was a great modder, but he said a lot of stupid things. 4 or 5 months ago he personally insulted me (now that thread got deleted).

Now, i haven't been here for 2 weeks, so i don't know what happened to Spungo. And i don't know what happened to Hory either. And for god's sake, if someone on Eamods bashes MVPmods, i dont give a damn.

Kraw may have said something to you that you didn't like superciuc, but he is far from stupid. Without him a lot of what has been done in this game would not have been done. He's been helpful to a lot of people here also and I can't take that from him at all.

Kraw may have said something to you that you didn't like superciuc, but he is far from stupid. Without him a lot of what has been done in this game would not have been done. He's been helpful to a lot of people here also and I can't take that from him at all.

I never said he was stupid, i said he said stupid things, it's way way different. But i have to admit that, love him or hate him, he did a lot for this game.

Archived