Site Issues

Trues

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Am I the only person who thinks that it looks really immature to campaign to be a mod? Like, if you are asking to be a mod, doesn't it seem like it makes you less likely to become one?

That's it, you're banned.

So where should the "2007 Red Sox World Champions" pennant go Y4L? I think it should occupy at least 2/3rds of the home page. And hopefully Trues will accept the change of the site to soxmods.com.

Anybody has issues with that, they're banned too.

That's it, you're banned.

So where should the "2007 Red Sox World Champions" pennant go Y4L? I think it should occupy at least 2/3rds of the home page. And hopefully Trues will accept the change of the site to soxmods.com.

Anybody has issues with that, they're banned too.

Put it any where you want but just make sure it overshadows anything that has to do with the Yankees. I am serious. I am tired of watching that team tank in October.

I owe everyone here an apology. I did what I felt was necessary to calm the situation down. Was it the right way to go about things? I don't know, probably not.

I love this site, and I like the people that frequent it. Believe it or not, I don't want to fight with people on the internet, what's the sense.

I am hoping we can all regroup, figure this mess out, and push forward. There is still much that can be modded, and make this site, EAMods, and most importantly, playing MVP that much more enjoyable.

If I have offended anyone, ANYONE on this site because of the actions I took the other day, and in the past...then you have my sincere apologies.

Jim825 - :lmao:

DJEagles - I do, in fact, find you offensive, but not in particular for the things you were apologizing for. It's more of a general sort of... well... maybe I should just say it. You stink. Literally. You smell like farts and sweat. Take a shower. Take a bath. Febreeze yourself. Do SOMETHING, man. :wink:

Am I the only person who thinks that it looks really immature to campaign to be a mod? Like, if you are asking to be a mod, doesn't it seem like it makes you less likely to become one?
See: running for united states president. At least the actual universe is in good hands, albeit with someone who only feeds his cat all day.

• 2 weeks later...

A suggestion:

- Make a read-only forum with a list of bans, links to the post, and the reason for banning. Make sure that the offending posts are clearly marked with 'USER BANNED/PROBATED/WHATEVER FOR THIS POST' so people can be clear on what is unacceptable.

- The best way to deal with trolling, ect, is to ignore it. If someone posts some stupid inflammatory comment and no one starts the argument then the crisis is averted. You don't need the ignore function to be able to ignore a person completely. It's called self-control, and everyone who complains about trolls and responds to them needs to learn to use it. I think it comes down to the members of MVPMods collectively fixing issues themselves, or a harsh increase in moderation, unfortunately.

There are 53K members with I think maybe about 10 moderators, maybe less, I lose count. Let's get some more trustworthy posters as moderators. Moderation works, but unfortunately a smallish group is charged with regulating a large community. If we don't allow ANY leeway, the community will be devoid of any personality. If we allow too much, then it's a cesspool. Even further, what constitutes "not contributing to a thread" is often highly subjective. People don't like negative individuals who ALWAYS bring up the same negative points, but then why do people who ALWAYS bring up the same positive points continue to be allowed to post them unabated? The answer is: there can be no double standard. So it's not an easy solution.

Moderation is a dangerous buisness. Too little and it becomes a zoo, too much and it's like a boxing referee who's constantly interfering with the fighters. The best moderation is almost invisible and only appears when a real problem is developing.

No, I actually mean the character from Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy, the man who really runs the universe (and not Zaphod) who has a nice cat. And he feeds it. The whole reason he's the ruler is because he's the last person who would want to be a ruler, but he unknowingly makes the wisest decisions because of that.

Trues, when I visit this website, I usually minimize the "blogs" section on the main page and sometimes minimize the "download status" section. But every time I close my web browser and get back in, those two sections are maximized again.

Is there anything you can do to fix this - maybe have a feature where it remembers the layout from the last time you logged in? Or is this just something to do with my web browser and nothing to be done on your end? Thank you very much for the help. Take care.

Trues, when I visit this website, I usually minimize the "blogs" section on the main page and sometimes minimize the "download status" section. But every time I close my web browser and get back in, those two sections are maximized again.

Is there anything you can do to fix this - maybe have a feature where it remembers the layout from the last time you logged in? Or is this just something to do with my web browser and nothing to be done on your end? Thank you very much for the help. Take care.

What browser are you using?

• 3 weeks later...

Trues, is something the matter with the box score page? I am getting the following error message.

"Error 500 - Internal server error"

"An internal server error has occured!"

EDIT: Seems like I am able to access it now.

Anyway to stop ignoring a poster? I'm accidentilly ignoring "SESbb30" right now because of a wrong click. Not that he's poster the secret to the universe everytime, but, you know.

Fixed and fixed.

Archived