Site Issues

Trues

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I know this probably isn't the best place to post this, but it's my only option at the moment. For some reason unknown to me, my IP has been blocked over at EA Mods. I have no idea why, as I didn't do anything to warrant it. I assume it's just a simple mistake and I'm hoping someone can fix the problem. I don't know who to talk to over at EA Mods, but I would guess that the mods at EA Mods also post here. So if anyone can tell me who I would have to get in contact with to fix this, I'd very much appreciate it.

I know this probably isn't the best place to post this, but it's my only option at the moment. For some reason unknown to me, my IP has been blocked over at EA Mods. I have no idea why, as I didn't do anything to warrant it. I assume it's just a simple mistake and I'm hoping someone can fix the problem. I don't know who to talk to over at EA Mods, but I would guess that the mods at EA Mods also post here. So if anyone can tell me who I would have to get in contact with to fix this, I'd very much appreciate it.

Contact Krawhitham on here and he can help you out with that problem.

PM Krawhitham.

You should really PM this problem to krawhitham, as he is the owner of that site.

I was going to post this in the Shoutbox, but it got to be too long.

I think the solution to the HOF problem is simple: As a whole, I think we can probably select a group of 30 or so longstanding members that we'd trust to make proper decisions, or at least balance each other out.

Nominations for the HOF would come from those folks, who would provide a defense of their nominee, and then the group of 30 (Baseball Modders and Members of America [and other places] -- BBMMA[OP]) would vote once every two months to induct five people -- four modders and one member, perhaps? The impetus for induction should not be popularity, but whether or not the person in question had a true impact on the modding community. This is something that can be argued and defended by the nominator.

A secret sub-forum could be set up with a vote-five poll option, and that way there wouldn't be public arguments about who voted for whom and why.

I also propose that we, for no other reason than to say that we elected him in his first year of eligibility, make Buck O'Neil an honorary inductee.

Folks I wouldn't mind seeing on the nomination committee, off the top of my head:

Trues

SeanO

Hory

DJEagles

Kraw

Pirate

KC

Fuzz (Is he still around? I think he's blocked me!)

Fred13

UncleMo

Homer

Stecropper

Y4L

Jogar

RaptorQuiz

HardcoreLegend

Carter

BigBully

Jim825

Totte

Fizzjob

Paulw

That's 22. Under my plan, we'd only need eight more, and I know I'm leaving a bunch of people out. I think a group like that would have a sense of history for the site, a knowledge of what the modders are providing, and enough dissension that some potentially useful debates could arise.

Thoughts?

--Eric

I was thinking BigO, but I think I combined him and BigBully in my head. BigO is what would happen if SeanO and BigBully mated.

I totally just forgot about MarkB and HFLR (sorry!), and for some reason thought Spungo didn't come around these parts anymore. Those would all be fine additions, I think.

--Eric

To expand on Eric's idea, I think we could even have a couple of different sections of the Hall:

1. MVP Modders/ Graphics Artists

2. MVP Mods Most Iconic/Crazed Members

3. MVP Mods Baseball Players Section.

...and yes, Buck O'Neill should be an automatic induction.

I was thinking BigO, but I think I combined him and BigBully in my head. BigO is what would happen if SeanO and BigBully mated.

I totally just forgot about MarkB and HFLR (sorry!), and for some reason thought Spungo didn't come around these parts anymore. Those would all be fine additions, I think.

--Eric

No problem. You started it out pretty well and I'm sure a lot of the others can think of names that the both of us forgot.

I read out there that Kraw doesn't think this is a good idea, but I don't know why as of yet. Whatever his reasons are, my main concern is not to offend or omit any modder who has worked on anything in here.

I have multiple reasons and could go on forever

here are a few

1st no matter how you slice it, it will be a popularity contest

2nd to be in a HOF you need to be retired, no longer making any mods. This is not like real sports where your talents decline and you retire. If you are retired as a modder, you QUIT. I'm against rewarding quitters

3rd since it is a popularity contest some will be offended, either because they were not included, not included fast enough, or pissed off because someone else was included

It is just another fight and a way to split loyalties

here are a few

2nd to be in a HOF you need to be retired, no longer making any mods. This is not like real sports where your talents decline and you retire. If you are retired as a modder, you QUIT. I'm against rewarding quitters

3rd since it is a popularity contest some will be offended, either because they were not included, not included fast enough, or **** off because someone else was included

I can see where you are coming from with this.

here are a few

3rd since it is a popularity contest some will be offended, either because they were not included, not included fast enough, or **** off because someone else was included

I think this statement is a tad harsh. If someone stops modding, I wouldn't consider him a quitter. It is a three year old game, and at some point, modders will stop modding. And let's be honest, there have been a COUPLE of modders who have quit, only to come back and make more mods.

Fact of the matter is, these modders, like you know, don't get paid for their mods, so if they "Quit", then all the more reason to respect them. I have respect for anyone who takes the time to make a mod for the pleasure of the public. I don't consider them quitters. Any modder who has stopped modding, has their reasons, and I respect that.

...and don't sport stars who retire, really just quit? It' sthe same thing, expect modders do their "job" for free, and I think they deserve some recognition.

And let's be honest, there have been a COUPLE of modders who have quit, only to come back and make more mods.

Great point

How do you know who is really retired

If you have a HOF, NO HOF members should be included if they are active modders, SO how long does someone have to be retired before they are really retired

1 Year?

2 Years?

3 Years?

Archived