MVP2005 Editor (a new tool by tywiggins)

tywiggins

• Replies 475
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

along with my other question, I have a problem too... I get a message that says:

"Unhandled exception has occurred on your application. If you click continue, the application will ignore this error and attempt to continue. If you click Quit, the application will close immediately.

Attempted to read or write protected memory. This is often and indication that other memory is corrupt."

along with my other question, I have a problem too... I get a message that says:

"Unhandled exception has occurred on your application. If you click continue, the application will ignore this error and attempt to continue. If you click Quit, the application will close immediately.

Attempted to read or write protected memory. This is often and indication that other memory is corrupt."

Were you in dynasty or owner mode? I've gotten that error if I was at the main menu.

As for your other question. Right now, with the exception of what the Team Changer and the Projector do, you can only make changes to all of the player's general attributes, pitching attributes, and batting attributes.

I'm working on a new version that will allow you to make trades, manage the disabled lists, change lineups, rotations, bullpen roles. Though you can use the team changer, and then do most of these from within the game.

Here's a program that lets you export/import a DL list.

DLslot: playerid, days left on DL, player name, team abbreviation,;

DL slot is a number from 0 to 503. 0-3 for LAA. 4-7 for OAK. etc. (order of teams based on team.dat)

days left on DL is the number of days until the player is eligible to come off of the DL.

Player name and team abbreviation is not read when you import.

Note: Don't add someone to the DL by editing the text file. If you do, the player will be on the 25 man roster and the DL.

Note: If you want to remove someone from the DL, change the number of days left to 0. Then after you import, you can manually remove the player from the DL in the game. (If you just delete the whole line in the text file and import, the player will be a free agent)

Hey, Ty, looks good. Mind explaining more in depth the functionality of this program in relation to the DL?

If I understand right, basically you can use this to edit the number of days a player is on the DL. So, if a player has a 10 day injury, you place him on the DL ingame and then you can use this program to edit the DL stint down to 10 games if you want. Am I right?

Hey, Ty, looks good. Mind explaining more in depth the functionality of this program in relation to the DL?

If I understand right, basically you can use this to edit the number of days a player is on the DL. So, if a player has a 10 day injury, you place him on the DL ingame and then you can use this program to edit the DL stint down to 10 games if you want. Am I right?

Yes you can.

Thanks ty, this will further help my DL dynasty save file.

You're welcome. Here's another tip, which may or may not help you.

If you want to to import the list from one dynasty or owner mode to another, here's what you can do. (Without using my .dat importer/exporter)

1st. Export the DL from your dynasty where the DL is how you want it.

2nd. Start a new dynasty/owner mode and set it up how you want it.

3rd. Turn off budgets.

4th. Cut all of the players that you are going to put on the DL on every team.

5th. Import the DL

6th. Give each player their proper injuries, and number of years left on their contract with MVPEditor(years left on contract is set to 0 when they are cut)

7th. Turn budgets back on.

8th. Save the game to a new slot.

Edit: Nevermind. That probably wouldn't help. You would still have to fix the rosters for each team.

This program can import and export the roster.dat equivalent in memory.

Kgbaseball, this will probably be useful to you. Get all of the rosters like you want. Use my other program to set the number of days left on the DL for each player to match the number of days the player is injured for.

Then export the roster.bin with this program.

Then start a new dynasty/owner mode with the same rosters. Run this program and import the roster.bin. All of the players on the disabled list won't be injured, but they'll be on the disabled list, which should be good enough.

After a little bit of testing, it has done what I wanted it to do.

I wanted to move Chris Denorfia off of the DL, move him up to Cincy, give him another injury, and put him on the Cincy DL instead of the Louisville DL, and it worked perfectly.

The only question I have is what can I use the roster.bin for?

After a little bit of testing, it has done what I wanted it to do.

I wanted to move Chris Denorfia off of the DL, move him up to Cincy, give him another injury, and put him on the Cincy DL instead of the Louisville DL, and it worked perfectly.

The only question I have is what can I use the roster.bin for?

Pretty much just what I said in my last post. Once you have the new version of your dynasty save finished. Run the program to create the roster.bin file. Then if you want to create an owner mode save with the same DL, all you need to do is start a new owner mode, make it 2007, then run the program and import the roster.bin file. The players wouldn't be injured, but they would be on the DL.

Actually now that I've thought about it, instead of releasing .sav files, you could just release your roster.bin file with my RosterImpExp program.

Oh, somehow I passed right over the explanation.

So if the roster.bin was uploaded, it would be the same thing as a .sav without my personal dynasty settings?

The roster.bin is only the memory version of roster.dat. (which also includes the DL) They would still need to start a new dynasty/owner mode with the .dat files from your roster.

But it wouldn't contain your personal dynasty settings.

hitting_help? wrote:

Were you in dynasty or owner mode? I've gotten that error if I was at the main menu.

As for your other question. Right now, with the exception of what the Team Changer and the Projector do, you can only make changes to all of the player's general attributes, pitching attributes, and batting attributes.

I'm working on a new version that will allow you to make trades, manage the disabled lists, change lineups, rotations, bullpen roles. Though you can use the team changer, and then do most of these from within the game.

Ok. I guess I'll have to look into team changer a bit more. I don't really understand it yet.

NEVER MIND. I GET IT.

ty,

I tried using your new tool for the DL to put Eric Milton on the DL for five days. I changed the value to five in notepad, but he's still showing up in my dynasty as being injured for 15 days. I know I'm probably doing something totally wrong. When I made the change I hit any key to export. Am I missing a step? Thanks!

Ty, any chance you can make it possible to edit stats in a dynasty? This would help out with those inside the park HRs that are called triples or doubles and could fix other scoring errors. Also if you could change the team that the player was on as well during a dynasty, that would be useful for trades that occur during the season that you want to replicate in your dynasty.

kg,

thanks for your help. I did exactly that and Milton is still listed on the DL for 15 days in my dynasty. Here are the steps I did:

1 - exported dynasty

2 - changed DL time to five days

3 - imported dynasty

and as I said, he is still listed as being out 15 days

Ty, any chance you can make it possible to edit stats in a dynasty? This would help out with those inside the park HRs that are called triples or doubles and could fix other scoring errors. Also if you could change the team that the player was on as well during a dynasty, that would be useful for trades that occur during the season that you want to replicate in your dynasty.

Until I allow stat editing in MVP2005 Editor:

Use this version of my .dat exporter: http://mvpmods.com/Forums/download/id=1350.html

And this version of my .dat importer:

http://mvpmods.com/Forums/download/id=2080.html

You'll have to edit the stats in notepad (or another text editor). If you use MVPEdit, the players get sorted alphabetically by their name, which will cause some problems in this version of the stats only version of the importer. (You can use the other version of the importer if you use MVPEdit, you just have to look out for other problems. Such as some pitchers having a very low overall, and the lineups having some mistakes. Sometimes it works perfectly)

Note: The changes you make won't be saved in hist.dat (year by year stats)

It will be a big (and boring) project to add stats to MVP2005 Editor. Donations would really help me through it.

kg,

thanks for your help. I did exactly that and Milton is still listed on the DL for 15 days in my dynasty. Here are the steps I did:

1 - exported dynasty

3 - imported dynasty

Maybe you didn't save your DL.txt before you imported.

kg,

1 - exported dynasty

3 - imported dynasty

Are you sure he has 15 days left on the DL and not just 15 days left to his injury? There's another step to removing a player on the DL - removing the injury and injury time using MVP Editor.