MVP2005 Editor (a new tool by tywiggins)

tywiggins

• Replies 475
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hola tywiggins, ante todo felicictaciones por tu gran trabajo, necesito un favor, tengo mi dinastia creada hace un tiempo y estoy bastante adelantado en la temporada pero quisiera adaptar el roster de esa dinastia a travez de tu herramienta y no se utilizarla bien, podrias darme una pequeña explicacion pero en español?, mi ingles es algo malo. Gracias y espero puedas ayudarme

Hola tywiggins, ante todo felicictaciones por tu gran trabajo, necesito un favor, tengo mi dinastia creada hace un tiempo y estoy bastante adelantado en la temporada pero quisiera adaptar el roster de esa dinastia a travez de tu herramienta y no se utilizarla bien, podrias darme una pequeña explicacion pero en español?, mi ingles es algo malo. Gracias y espero puedas ayudarme

I ran into the same issue with trying to switch to the Angels. However, I just selected the next game they were playing in the right portion of team changer screen and it switched to their organization. However, at around that same time I did that, I had a duplicate game appear for the Angels (they had two games scheduled for the same day at the same time). But I was able to delete the game with the editor after I realized what happened.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I ran into a new problem. I uninstalled MVP2005, but kept my dynasty saves. I re-installed MVP2005 w/ all the patches and MVP07. When I went to use MVP2005 Editor it tells me that MVP2005 is not running. But it is running.

I suspect that the path was broken when I uninstalled the game, but I'm not a programing guy.

So, can anyone point me in the right direction?

I looked through this thread but didn't see anything that worked.

Thanks in advance.

Ty, is there anyway you can add the feature to edit career stats with this program? I have tried combining your .dat importer/exporter program with MVPEdit to try and change the stats but I am not able to acquire the desired result.

It would be very helpful if you were add that option in - a place where one can change a player's current stats. Thank you.

Also, I understand that Ty hasn't been on these boards for some time, so if anyone else edit the stats and do them differently than mine, I would like to know. Thank you.

• 2 weeks later...

Does anyone know how do the two values in MVP2005 Edit work, which control Contract/Playing time happiness.

Unknown1 & Unknown2

When I play with those values, player happiness change, but I succeed more on making them angry rather then happy!!!

Any Suggestions???

• 2 weeks later...

I ran into a new problem. I uninstalled MVP2005, but kept my dynasty saves. I re-installed MVP2005 w/ all the patches and MVP07. When I went to use MVP2005 Editor it tells me that MVP2005 is not running. But it is running.

I suspect that the path was broken when I uninstalled the game, but I'm not a programing guy.

So, can anyone point me in the right direction?

I looked through this thread but didn't see anything that worked.

Thanks in advance.

Ok, I hate to bump my post but I'm going out of my mind here. I've searched everywhere I could on this site and eamods for an answer that works. But, nothing has.

I still can't get the editor to find the path for my saved dynasty. I haven't even played the game for the past month and a half.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Ty, is there anyway you can add the feature to edit career stats with this program? I have tried combining your .dat importer/exporter program with MVPEdit to try and change the stats but I am not able to acquire the desired result.

It would be very helpful if you were add that option in - a place where one can change a player's current stats. Thank you.

Also, I understand that Ty hasn't been on these boards for some time, so if anyone else edit the stats and do them differently than mine, I would like to know. Thank you.

I second this motion... I would love to be able to edit career stats with the editor.

So the new version allows you to add the sleeves permanently on a player, correct?

Is there a problem with dark skins and the sleeves?

I think you could already permanently add them to a player with MVPEdit or by manually editing attrib.dat. But you couldn't edit these players with MVP2005 Editor because of the skin tone not being allowed.

Honestly, I haven't even installed that mod. Someone just sent me a pm asking me to allow skin tones up to 16 in this program to make it compatible with that mod.

Also, now I realize that I didn't allow skin tone 16. I'll post a new version in a minute.

I'm very confused. Is there a way to simply have the normal, in-game sleeves appear on just 1 individual player using MVPEdit or no?

Secondly, should I just download the above discussed sleeve mod to give Bob Gibson longsleeves?

If you want to give Bob Gibson longsleeves, yes you will need to download and install the sleeve mod.

If you want to give him longsleeves in the middle of a dynasty use the latest version of MVP2005 Editor.

With your dynasty running, minimize the game, run MVP2005 editor. Type "Gibson" in the box and press Enter. Change skin tone to 15 (assuming you want red sleeves) Then click the Save Changes button.

If you want to give him longlseeves for exhibition games or for when you start a new dynasty you can just edit attrib.dat in notepad.

Search for Gibson. Change the number that is after ",38 " from whatever it is to 14 (assuming you want red sleeves). Then save the file.

===============

If you want to be able to use MVPedit (rglass4's program) with the 5 additional skin tones:

1. Assuming you installed MVPedit to c:Program FilesMVPedit,

open up c:Program FilesMVPeditconfig.txt in notepad

2. Find the 'Skin Tone section and make it so it is like this:

'Skin Tone

11,tattoo

12,blue sleeves

13,black sleeves

14,red sleeves

15,green sleeves

Now when you open MVPedit, you can assign sleeves to the players.

Ty, how hard would it be to add a feature to edit the career stats using MVPEditor.

I have been using your .DAT importer/exporter program with MVPEdit to make changes to the career stats, but I sometimes end up with a player playing multiple positions in a game and/or pitchers playing positions other than as a RP or a SP.

It would be of huge help if you could incorporate the career editing feature into this. Thanks and take care.