Kgbaseball's Roster Thread

kgbaseball

Great Job, KG! I have some suggestions for the Phillies, though. You should call up Carlos Ruiz, as he will be the everyday backstop, and send Scott Mathieson to AAA. He had Tommy-John surgery and will miss the entire season. Carlos Carrasco, who is considered the top pitching prospect behind J.A. Happ, is missing. It would be great if you could add him to your rosters.

I'm really looking forward for your opening day rosters. Keep up your great work :wtg:

Thanks for the suggestions!

Don't you know you already have your roster with the original hex IDs that came with the game?

Did you do that? Even if you did, I still don't know where to begin.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd just like to get feedback from everyone. How are the rosters, and is there anything I need to work on? I know not all 120 teams have 25 players on it, but I guarantee you they will by Opening Day. That will make the FA pool a lot smaller, but that's not a problem.

Let me know how you guys like it! Thanks.

hey kg, the rosters are great. just got done playing 3 games with my cubbies. They look very accurate. Thanks to u and swinginsoriano for all of your hard work. Can't wait for the new models.big to come out. I assume that Lou Piniella will no longer have dusty's face then. No complaints at all. Keep up the good work.

Hey KG, Great job with the minor leagues. I used to use UR rosters, but would always have to spend hours reorganizing the minor leagues and now I don't have to do that.

Some comments about the Royals:

You are missing Joakim Soria, the Royals rule 5 draft choice from SD, who most likely will be a middle reliever. There's a lot of excitment over him coming to KC since he's been pitching lights out in the Mexican Winter League.

If things go as expected, Alex Gordan will be the starting 3rd baseman with Mark Teahan moving to RF. Teahan has already been told to start learning that position. This means that Reggie Sanders and Emil Brown will platoon at LF.

With Teahan, Sanders, Brown, and now Ross Gload (1st, OF) in the outfield that doesn't leave room for Shane Costa and Joey Gathright. They should be moved to AAA.

Estaban German should be the backup infielder in MLB instead of being in AAA. He's one of our best backups and you currently don't have an infield backup on the MLB roster.

Although Scott Elarton is one of our best pitchers, he's coming off of shoulder surgery, I think, and I have not heard anything about him being in the rotation. I'd move him to AAA for now. The lock starters should be Gil Meche, Odalis Perez, and Luke Hudson. Brian Bannister, Jorge de la rosa and Zach Greinke will compete for the remaining rotation spots. Most likely Bannister and De La Rosa will fill the 4th and 5th rotation spots with Greinke pitching out of the bullpen.

I play mainly Detroit, and this roster looks good so far. You've addressed some sore points I've had over the years, such as Fernando Rodney having a changeup instead of a slider (I've had to change that every year). The changeup is only the guy's best pitch, after all. Good job on that.

I switched the cyberface of Rodney to that of Christian Guzman. Looks like Rodney in the game, besides the original was showing up with some weird looking glasses. The cyberface for Brandon Inge is terrible, but I haven't found any existing faces that match him yet. Might be a separate project on that one.

Great job, and I'll be happy to provide any feedback I may have.