NEW Videos of MLB2K7 in action from CES!

Fatalah

• Replies 683
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Quality of this NEW video is pretty clear.

Yankees vs. Marlins in Florida. Uniform physics are a little funky--the shirts are waving and rippling like the ocean.

http://www.gametrailers.com/player.php?id=...ype=mov&pl=game

Brinkman saved the horrendous Triple Play, and now we can definitely see his magic in MLB2K. I don't know how much time Kush has left to tweak this game, but it looks great right now. I always hate the addage, "wait till next year'. I been waitin since MVP2005 for a new love!

----------

I hope there's a fielding camera option, I didn't really like last year's camera work and 2k7 seems to be using the same weird angle. And hitting seems really difficult! The person playing in these videos is havin some trouble.

The animations are great, but I think they are a little too over the top. The unis aren't right either. Just look at the Yankee's #'s. The crowd sounds a little off too.

Unless they make this for PC and make it modable, I'm not interested especially for 300-400 bucks. It's too bad that the gaming companies have abandoned the PC when it comes to baseball games. There is so much that could be done if they just devoted some time and effort. Ah well, MVPMods will fill the void until something better comes along. MVP still rules for now!

is this the slow death of mvp?

this is where EA dropped the ball. By basically copy and pasting NCAA 06 to 07 they officially gave up on the baseball market...if they had worked their asses off and made a next gen college baseball game that was similar to NCAA football on next gen they could have taken more of the market from MLB 2k...seeing as how the mlb was mad at 2k for their last game, if EA took the majority of the market then the MLB might have opted out of their contract and allowed EA to make an MLB game again

just a thought

Zephyr might just be an experiment. The whole HDMI thing might not happen. The chip is confirmed however. I want the Zephyr like everyone else but it doesnt look like its going to get made.http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/754/754240p1.html

Do you really think it's an experiment?

Ever heard of "damage control?" This is to prevent people from heading back to the store and asking for a new XBOX360, and people like us from waiting and getting the newer version.

It exists, but Microsoft is just trying to soften the blow.

Wow Wow Wow Wow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I really must say from all the videos Ive seen this game is awesome. I owned 2k6 and 2k7 is 10x better. I also have mvp for the pc, the new version and all. You guys did a great job of keeping it alive with the deatiled mods, but it seems like 2k7 has everything Ive been looking for that mvp couldn't provide. The realism, life like details of watching a real baseball game. I love the slow life like pace and all the real animations and ESPNs presentation. This is great.

There is no way mvp can keep up with a game that is able to be developed from scratch every year. Mvp has the gameplay but loses the life like play such as a simple throw back to the pitcher from the catcher after the pitch.

Will you be able to put in nonmlbpa players like bonds and were all those screens in HD causing it to look better?

thats a good point. I remember seeing that. It is an early version and Im sure it'll get changed. They might have rushed it out to CES and didnt have time to fix it for that version. It might have already been fixed who knows. I think UncleMo is stupid. Just stupid.

Question. Are lefty hitters suppose to look at the 3b coach for signs and righties the 1b coach? If so, why? The players face a particular way and can see one coach better than another while IN the batters box? Just asking.

No other PC baseball game, plus Ben Brinkman specifically says that the 07 game will be better, but that they'll really nail it down in 2008-I think I'll pass on this baseball game, wait just one year and buy 2008's baseball game.

LOL. I admit that youtube video gave me an erection.

Whoah. 101 people not to hang out with.

1. Immac

2. .....

The screen shots of MLB 2k7 showed on gamespot.com are you sure there not from the PS3, therefore possibly having better graphics than the xbox 360. I want the console that will give the best graphics.
PS3 and 360 have the same graphics its already been proven and 360 has slighty better in some games

The screen shots of MLB 2k7 showed on gamespot.com are you sure there not from the PS3, therefore possibly having better graphics than the xbox 360. I want the console that will give the best graphics.

Well sir, I'll tell you this much. The PS3 has gotten a negative reception from developers and game programmers, while the 360 has really become the favored platform due to its easy programming environment.

We're seeing videogames titles that were PS3-exclusive being expanded to the 360 platform. We're also seeing PS3 games being dropped altogether.

Not to sound like a brainless fanboy, but the 360 is really living up to its name. It's an all-around entertainment hub, and Microsoft keeps bangin' out cool features to improve the XBOX Live service. Actually, if you come away with anything from this post, let it be this--XBOX Live is an unrivaled online service.

If you're looking to go online with MLB2K7, Live will rock. In terms of processing power, it's not like the PS3 has alien technology. Each system has their strengths, but they're equitable. For $400 bucks, (in some places $300 with rebates), there's an undeniable value to the 360.

As a side note-- Kush had so many bugs in last year's game, I'm just curious how the PS3 version turns out.

Wow the 2 marlins/yankees videos look awesome. That must have been a windy day because no programming team is stupid enough to have the jerseys rippling from the wind in every game.
It seemed to me they went a little too over the top with the jersey rippling because it would have to be a heavy wind to do that, and it just doesn't stop either...

Archived