NEW Videos of MLB2K7 in action from CES!

Fatalah

I think you guys are slightly overstating the impact that Ben Brinkman had on MVP

I think of the MVP 05 development team as the Chicago Bulls of the 1990s, and Brinkman would be Phil Jackson. The team would not have been as good without his coaching, however the players like Jordan and Pippen still had to go on the court and get the job done.

Kush games & MLB2K7 on the 360? Well they're the 2003-04 Lakers, all flashy and talented but not yet able to bring it together as a team and get it done.

Well sir, you're being as speculative as the rest of us now aren't you? I guess we all won't know how effective Brinkman is until we all get our hands on MLB2K7. If we go by past history, we know it took about 2 years for Triple Play to turn around under Brinkman.

• Replies 683
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well sir, you're being as speculative as the rest of us now aren't you? I guess we all won't know how effective Brinkman is until we all get our hands on MLB2K7. If we go by past history, we know it took about 2 years for Triple Play to turn around under Brinkman.

MVP 2003's producer was Brent Nielsen

For those of you with next gen console experience(namely XBox 360), EA has put out some very lackluster sports releases. NBA Live, NHL Live, Madden, College Football and Basketball have been mediocre across the board for the 360. In other words, I dont have much confidence yet in EA on the 360. I do enjoy Fight Night though.

Meanwhile, 2K Sports has released outstanding NBA, NHL, and College basketball games this season for the 360. Based on that and the recent videos, MLB2k7 looks to be a winner. MLB2k6 was an abortion, probably due to time constraints, but the amount of options/tweaking was amazing. Hopefully those options will be built upon with a solid gameplay experience this year.

I absolutely love MVP05 with all the mods and would be perfectly happy continuing to play it with continuing updated mods. But I am always open to the latest, greatest gaming experiences and welcome a new solid baseball game in HD anytime.

very well put Sidewinder. I just recently purchase the Xbox360. The madden 07 next gen was very impressive with the realism I feel. I'm really looking forward to the next gen for a professional baseball game. NCAA MVP07 looks ok, but I'd rather play with the pros, personally.

It was on tv so I figured it needed to be said lol

How does this guy not have a 'spammer' title? lol.

As for the actual purpose of this thread - I'm waiting for more concrete information on this game. But if it is as good as it appears to be - it might just make me buy the xbox360 - the first gaming system I would've purchased since the original Playstation 1.

Sidewwinder you said it pefectly bc its time for a solid new baseball experience. I will purchase a 360 and a high definition TV just to enjoy the gaming. I think 2k7 is going to match up and overtake the now fading MVP. Im sorry but mvp 05 straight out of the box on a scale of 1 to 10 was 4.5. If it wasn't for this site and people adding the life like features to the games like gloves, uniforms, modded stadiums with adds, DATAFILES, and I could go on forever, just take a look at the downloads section on the site. This site made MVP what it is and why everybody is up here.

To be perfectly honest EA needs to pay you guys b/c you are the only reason why people bought 05 was because of what you did in 04. And the 06 mod cuased people to still go out and by it. MVP is not the great without this site.

What i see in 2k7, they have added everything as much as possible so modding wouldn't be a necessity. The moving crowd, wind blowing uni's, sweat on the hats, slow life like pitching pace.

Im finished case CLOSED.

MLB 2K7 hands down no competition.

But if you haven't actually played it yet, how can you possibly say that?

Sure, the graphics look nice but they damn well should be on the 360.

Of course I'm looking forward to a good next-generation baseball game, but given 2K sports' history and the generally patchy sports-titles so far on the platform I am not getting my hopes up and I'm certainly not calling it better then mvp 05 before I've even played it.

But if you haven't actually played it yet, how can you possibly say that?

Sure, the graphics look nice but they damn well should be on the 360.

Of course I'm looking forward to a good next-generation baseball game, but given 2K sports' history and the generally patchy sports-titles so far on the platform I am not getting my hopes up and I'm certainly not calling it better then mvp 05 before I've even played it.

if you don't remember, the 2k series started giving EA games a run for their money back around the 2k5 series. This is especially the case with NFL 2k5 and NCAA Hoops 2k5. It was after this year that EA bought the rights to the NFL and ESPN names. College Hoops 2k5-7 has been a far superior game than it's march madness counterpart. Even this year NBA 2k7 has been held to a higher acclaim than NBA Live 07 by multiple publications.

Yes, I have played NBA 2k7 and I agree it is better than Live 07.

But 2K have never produced a good baseball game.

That is why I have low expectations of them.

And from all publishers on the 360 so far there have been few sports titles that have met let alone exceeded expectations.

Official Website is UP:

http://2ksports.com/games/mlb2k7/

It’s a whole new ballgame! Major League Baseball 2K7 redefines the pure baseball video game experience with true, Next-Gen details, all-new throwing mechanics and a revolutionary presentation system. Featuring stunning, lifelike player models, Signature Style™ animations, Inside Edge™ data and more, Major League Baseball 2K7 delivers the most authentic baseball action to date.

Signature Style - Batting stances, waggles, home run celebrations, step-ins and step-outs bring each player to life like never before.

True Fielding – Fielder positioning, relay and cutoff A.I. has been redesigned to allow for better, more authentic Major League defensive play. Defensive alignments are now based on who is at the plate.

Dynamic Throwing System - Responsive throwing mechanics coupled with unique animations for infield, outfield and situational throws brings your command of the ball to a new level.

Inside Edge - Updated for the 2007 season, Inside Edge data is now tied into USER control at the plate. Playing into your pitcher's or hitter's strengths will now reward you with a boost in hitting power.

Next Generation Player Models - 2K7 player models are brought to life with exquisite accuracy. Now body type, player faces, accessories, uniforms and hats match their real-world counterparts down to the minutest details.

Franchise Finance - Team news, attendance, ticket prices and fan "buzz" will all play a key role in the success of your franchise. Each of these elements can affect your seasonal profit or deficit, affecting budgets for subsequent seasons.

Unprecedented Commentary - All-Star duo Jon Miller and Hall of Famer Joe Morgan return to the broadcast booth to deliver the best commentary in the business.

Hi-Def Baseball - Seamless camera work, new crowd audio and stunning replays keep you in the moment through the duration of a game.

2K Sports Online Play - Go head-to-head and compete in leagues and tournaments against the best players on the planet.

Soundtrack - Nirvana, Sublime, The Stooges, Pixies, 311, Wolfmother, Stone Temple Pilots, The Specials, Tapes ‘n Tapes, DFA 1979, Thermals And more.

Available for PlayStation®2, PlayStation®3, PSP®, Xbox®, Xbox 360™, Game Boy Advance, Nintendo DS™

Available March 2007

Okay we will wait until it is played. But i dont think we will be disappointed.

Thats what I said last year.

Relax. The game could suck. Based on my 20 years of baseball videogaming, rarely does a company get a baseball game right.

Like I stated earlier, I think it's important to compare the sports games on a platform by platform basis. EA has done a fine job on the PC, PS2, and XBox IMHO, but is lacking up to this point with 360 releases, namely Madden, NBA, NHL. They dont control and feel like they should, feeling like they are missing frames of animation, and missing other game features that are present in the PC and other consoles. I havent kept up with the PS3, so no opinion there.

2K Sports has the advantage in this Winter's releases on the 360 with exceptional gameplay, graphics, options, and online play is outstanding with the NHL and NBA games. I understand EA's games have lag issues online with the 360.

EA seems to always up the graphics on the surface for a year or two before they actually dial in gameplay and offer all the game options and features that they should do in the first place on new platforms.

By the way, Tiger Woods is very nice on the 360 but we still didnt get the entire course package.

EA NHL 07 makes NHL 2K7 look like a joke. I'm Canadian and have played hockey games since sega 93'. EA does baseball and hockey better than 2K and 2K does basketball and football better. But the licensing landscape has changed and 2 of the best genres have been kicked in the groin. If it wasn't for Ben Brinkman I wouldn't give this title a snowball's chance in hell.

Sidewwinder you said it pefectly bc its time for a solid new baseball experience. I will purchase a 360 and a high definition TV just to enjoy the gaming. I think 2k7 is going to match up and overtake the now fading MVP. Im sorry but mvp 05 straight out of the box on a scale of 1 to 10 was 4.5. If it wasn't for this site and people adding the life like features to the games like gloves, uniforms, modded stadiums with adds, DATAFILES, and I could go on forever, just take a look at the downloads section on the site. This site made MVP what it is and why everybody is up here.

I wouldn't say MVP 05 out of the box 2 years ago when it was new was as low as a 4.5 out of 10.

You're going to wait until the game comes out and reviewed before you invest $400 in a 360 and $1000 on a HDTV right? It would not be smart to buy now before even the game comes out because it seems you're buying the 360 just for this game.

I think the only other baseball game to get it right other than MVP was "BASES LOADED" for the Nintendo.

I wish I still had that game. It was great.

Also Bases Loaded 2 for Super Nintendo was wicked fun.

I personally liked Hardball 3 for Super Nintendo although you had to keep creating the players. I almost played a full season with that game which I've never done for any other baseball game. I remember the save codes were like 40 alphanumeric characters and kept getting bigger as the season progressed.

EA NHL 07 makes NHL 2K7 look like a joke. I'm Canadian and have played hockey games since sega 93'. EA does baseball and hockey better than 2K and 2K does basketball and football better. But the licensing landscape has changed and 2 of the best genres have been kicked in the groin. If it wasn't for Ben Brinkman I wouldn't give this title a snowball's chance in hell.

agreed

I completely disagree if you are talking about the 360 versions. EA's game this year has pretty graphics but skips frames of animation thus effecting control. The AI is for crap. All it really has is the right shot stick which is cool and a new feature, but it doesnt overcome the brutal AI which has been well documented.

2Ks game has solid AI, great control, butter smooth and the best hockey camera to date and plays great online. But it really comes down to AI and EA skipped their's this year. That appears to be a common theme with their games for the 360 this season.

And if Intellivision counts, I have played hockey games for 25 years.:)

Archived