NEW Videos of MLB2K7 in action from CES!

Fatalah

• Replies 683
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well I got a PS3 and preordered this game and NCAA 2K7 as well, if you read the interview with Brinkman on IGN, you can see that mlb 2k6 did alot of things right and alot of things wrong the main focus Brinkman said he was working on was the gameplay.

Brinkman, like many baseball gamers, had his pet peeves about the 2K games. "One of them is the high hat (they all look like Fred McGriff), and the other is the batting. Guys would swing then completely slide and then start running. They'd be looking in left field when the ball was going to right field…stuff like that."

Brinkman joined Kush in June and has already eliminated the McGriff clones and changed the batting animations, not to mention cleaning up the throws. "You would use the same throw everywhere. You would pick up the ball near the wall and you would use the same throw if you picked up or barehanded a ball and were throwing from third to first."

And like the transition Brinkman witnessed from the Triple Play franchise to MVP, he realized it was time to take a step back and not add features, but clean up the ones that are already there. Make the gameplay actually feel like you're playing a baseball simulation.

LOOKS TO ME LIKE THEY UPGRADED THE GRAPHICS AND WITH BRINKMAN BEHIND THIS THE GAMEPLAY IS GONNA BE GREAT ALA MVP 2005.

Oh and for those that said you can't go by the videos like last year, dont forget that the CES videos are in game of people actually playing it, not some animated trailer so I think that it will look and play as good as any baseball game out there. The best game I ever played was World Series Baseball on the Sega Saturn if MLB 2k7 looks and plays any where near how it looks at CES, there will be a new champion.

I have HATED the 2k baseball series thus far but Ben Brinkman now on board is encouraging. MVP 05 is the best sports game I have ever played but I dont think Ben will have enough time to save the world on this one. Prediction: 2K8 will be the best baseball game on the market.

I dont know If you look at the trailors of 2k7 it offers alot of real life features that mvp doesn't. It actually looks like you are watching a real game. You people walking in the stands, the slow pace like a live game. Thats awesome. MVP 05 was great and so is the 06 mod, but 2k7 offers a whole new look. I know 2k6 was bad but this game looks to be 100% better.

Yeah but i can tell from the live gameplays it plays jsut as good as MVP. The graphics are great but its the presenataion the bring that makes it in my opinion match up with MVP. The catcher pitcher throw back, thats real life, the way the batter, pitcher and cathcer take there time to set up B4 the next pitch. Its slow paced and life like just like a real baseball game.

I think a lot of people are finally realizing that something else besides MVP is going to reign as a baseball game. Look where MVP came fom triple play wasn't the best but it was good. The first mvp wasn't the best. MVP 05 really kicked but and honestly the game wouldn't have been half as great if wasn't for this website.

Yeah but i can tell from the live gameplays it plays jsut as good as MVP. The graphics are great but its the presenataion the bring that makes it in my opinion match up with MVP. The catcher pitcher throw back, thats real life, the way the batter, pitcher and cathcer take there time to set up B4 the next pitch. Its slow paced and life like just like a real baseball game.

I think a lot of people are finally realizing that something else besides MVP is going to reign as a baseball game. Look where MVP came fom triple play wasn't the best but it was good. The first mvp wasn't the best. MVP 05 really kicked but and honestly the game wouldn't have been half as great if wasn't for this website.

Well, this is one argument I hope I lose.

How can you tell just by the videos that when you move the thumbstick, the fielder will move?

Last year, when you moved the thumbstick, the fielder lagged for a half a second before he moved.

You can't tell until you play. Stop hyping the game because it could suck.

MVP 05 really kicked but and honestly the game wouldn't have been half as great if wasn't for this website.

Well that part, at least, is true.

As if anybody would still be talking about MVP05 if the latest update we were all playing with was EA Patch #5.

Seriously. The game would be well and truly dead if that were the case.

You can't tell until you play. Stop hyping the game because it could suck.

Stop NOT hyping the game, because it could NOT suck!!! I'm sick of all the trash your talking about a game that's not even out yet. Do you work for 2K games or something to where you get behind the scenes access to the making of this game??? I didn't think so. So if people want to talk about this game and be excited for this game, let them be, because I am one of those people. Stop shooting down everything everyone says that's good about the game. I just had to vent a little frustration. :club:

Again

How can you tell just by the videos that when you move the thumbstick, the fielder will move?

Last year, when you moved the thumbstick, the fielder lagged for a half a second before he moved.

If the damn fielder doesn't move with the thumbstick, the game will be unplayable.

MVP Has the same effect when you move the the thumbstick. Think about how much reaction time does a infielder or outfielder have when the ball is hit. Maybe more than a half a second. Some people will not just admit the truth. 2k7 is taking over and im joining the band wagon and trying it out. Besides MVP isn't the perfect game but 2k7 to more has more life like features nad lifelike gameplay hands down. MVP is to fast paced. And ESPN broadcast is great. EA should have never lost rights to MLB i think they thought they reached there max. I hate to think what we would get if EA started making games again. Will they continue with MVP and keep making it better or will they turn to some dumb arcade style like Slugfest aand destroy the game.

Just a note to make: Some of the people from High-Voltage (http://www.high-voltage.com) are apparently involved in the animation of this game. This company has helped with the animation in the NBA2K franchise, they're known for the authenticity of their animation.

With the heat the MLB put on 2KSports after last year's debacle, it seems to me like they've put much of their resources into this game. If 2K were to lose the MLB license because of quality control, it would be a huge hit to the legitimacy of company.

More thoughts: the marketing of 2k7 is a lot less sketchy than 2k6. This year we have MLB2K7 showcased at CES along with the strong possibility of a demo on XBOX Live. These are indications the game will not suck. So my hopes are high.

One last thing: Head over to OperationSports.com and submit questions to be answered in an interview with 2K.

I think you guys are slightly overstating the impact that Ben Brinkman had on MVP

I think of the MVP 05 development team as the Chicago Bulls of the 1990s, and Brinkman would be Phil Jackson. The team would not have been as good without his coaching, however the players like Jordan and Pippen still had to go on the court and get the job done.

Kush games & MLB2K7 on the 360? Well they're the 2003-04 Lakers, all flashy and talented but not yet able to bring it together as a team and get it done.

Archived