2008 Stadium Mods

Pirate

• Replies 579
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah, League Park would be awesome. We'd need to find a park with a ridiculous number of collision points in the wall.dat file, to try to model the chain link fence correctly. Either the ball would hit the chain link and fall straight down, or it would hit one of the supports and shoot in any number of directions.

Finding good pictures of League Park is extremely difficult (for example, we still don't know what the left field seating looked like), but it'd be hella fun to play in.

Yeah, League Park would be awesome. We'd need to find a park with a ridiculous number of collision points in the wall.dat file, to try to model the chain link fence correctly. Either the ball would hit the chain link and fall straight down, or it would hit one of the supports and shoot in any number of directions.

Finding good pictures of League Park is extremely difficult (for example, we still don't know what the left field seating looked like), but it'd be hella fun to play in.

league02.jpg

That is left field in League Park... I also have a black and white photo that shows the ads:

LeaguePark.gif

There was some confusion about what happens with the left field upper deck / roof when it curves towards the line. Different photos give very very different views of the situation.

We should be sure to document what parks look like every year for future generations.

That is a good point. I won't undertake it but maybe Hyman might. If this proves true (Hymans theory) then it should work well for HaloFans work.

My plans still include finishing out the last few stadiums, including Petco with the new buildings in the background and Angel Stadium with some additional ads and maybe the people behind the plate.

Hey, that would be great! Thanks for all the input guys. Look forward to seeing how things develop.

Pirate I just wanted to let you know about something that could help you with future mods:

pisalina1qo7.png

The GIMP has a tool called 'perspective'. It could help you take photos of skyscrapers and make them usable as the background for many stadiums (PNC, Petco, etc.). It allows you to make each side of a building completely flat and straight.

I don't know if photoshop has something similar.

I am working on something for Sean right now and then I will jump back into Anaheim Stadium.

I am actually driving out to Anaheim for a game on June 23 and maybe 24. I will get some good shots and get the mod out sometime after that.

I am working on something for Sean right now and then I will jump back into Anaheim Stadium.

I am actually driving out to Anaheim for a game on June 23 and maybe 24. I will get some good shots and get the mod out sometime after that.

Such a nice thing to hear :D

BTW if you guys got finally the multiple collisions "fence mod" can some way help us to get the Latinoamericano stadium in Havana better (the outfields are all separated from the stands by a fence :p, It's already done a version (not really accurate but have the "feeling when playing") for the soon to be released Caribbean MVP mod. If you saw the game between the Orioles and Cuba team, back in 1999, it took place in that stadium.

Pirate,

Any chance of doing a couple of MiLB stadiums for our minor league games? I would love to see it. Not now, or tomorrow, but whenever it strikes your fancy? Thanks man for all of yours and SeanO's hard and dedicated work to perfecting the stadiums in this game for everyone's current and future enjoyment! I would love to see 1 or 2 great MiLB stadiums to add to our minors games.....Either way, thanks!

Pirate,

Any chance of doing a couple of MiLB stadiums for our minor league games? I would love to see it. Not now, or tomorrow, but whenever it strikes your fancy? Thanks man for all of yours and SeanO's hard and dedicated work to perfecting the stadiums in this game for everyone's current and future enjoyment! I would love to see 1 or 2 great MiLB stadiums to add to our minors games.....Either way, thanks!

Have you seen the wealth of minor league stadiums created by Bodhibal? There are maybe 20 done by him from the International and Eastern League

I am far enough into the modding that I am willing to say that I am modding the Rogers Centre from scratch. I tore it up last evening and then got obsessed with it.

It's coming along nicely. I have replaced all the concrete with the new blue facings. I am working on completing the walls and the ads. EA actually did something right with the wall structure in this stadium.

This should be one of my most detailed works.

I have visited Toronto many times and from my first trip I fell in love. I have no idea why I never tackled this stadium previously. Canada will always have my love and respect. I'll post some progress pictures tonight.

I am far enough into the modding that I am willing to say that I am modding the Rogers Centre from scratch. I tore it up last evening and then got obsessed with it.

It's coming along nicely. I have replaced all the concrete with the new blue facings. I am working on completing the walls and the ads. EA actually did something right with the wall structure in this stadium.

I have visited Toronto many times and from my first trip I fell in love. I have no idea why I never tackled this stadium previously. Canada will always have my love and respect. I'll post some progress pictures tonight.

Hey Pirate,

Although I'm not the first one to say so, I just want to let you know that your work is very much appreciated. I don't mod and only God knows the time and sacrifice guys like you must put into this game to enhance the gaming experiences of guys like me. Thanks. Looking forward to your work.

Oh boy oh boy oh boy... it definitely needed work. I'd definitely like to see WIP images as you go along.

Oh boy oh boy oh boy... it definitely needed work. I'd definitely like to see WIP images as you go along.

I knew you'd get excited.

List of things I have changed or will change:

New blue facings

New wall texture

Correct Ads

New Field texture from BigO, Trues and Comp

New Championship Banners for Blue Jays w/ correct logo

Championship Banners for the Argos

Arogos banners for retired numbers and all-time argos

New window texture in center field

Fixed batters eye

Ribbon boards

Camera bay ads

Behind the plate ads

If there is anything I missed let me know...

I knew you'd get excited.

List of things I have changed or will change:

New blue facings

New wall texture

Correct Ads

New Field texture from BigO, Trues and Comp

New Championship Banners for Blue Jays w/ correct logo

Championship Banners for the Argos

Arogos banners for retired numbers and all-time argos

New window texture in center field

Fixed batters eye

Ribbon boards

Camera bay ads

Behind the plate ads

If there is anything I missed let me know...

What about the scoreboards and bigger Jumbotron? As well as the ring of excellence?

Archived