If you want to change MVP's announcers...

tywiggins

does that include all the player names too?

Is someone then going to use this program to replace all of the audio?

I believe HardcoreLegend made a spreadsheet that has the name for the audio files from MLB 2005, along with the player's MVP 2005 audioid.

With that information (along with the MLB 2005 audio files), it would be easy to replace the files in pnamedat.big

• Replies 305
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 weeks later...

Maybe someone with extra inning package can get Skully's video and rip soundbites there, idk if that works

very very possible. and i hope you guys do know that this is going to take a LONG time. there are tones of audio clips... so until then patience. im sure tywiggins has something up his sleeve. but still, this is going to be awesome. :jive:

• 3 weeks later...

Does anyone want to form up a team of 10 or 12 modders and make this a reality (changing Vin Scully and Dave Campbell over into the pbp announcers)?

spungo said that nothing of value has come from this site in forever. I wonder if anyone at MVPMods wanted to make this site seem 'relevant' to him again.

I know that I cannot help, I would love too, but I'm just too busy and I don't know how much I could do. What I'm curious about is why this Dave Campbell guy? Did they work together? I know about Vin though, he's amazing!

Yes, they did work together.

For those that are interested but don't think they could help. What I plan on doing, if I can get atleast 10 people, is to go through and sort all the audio files I have into folders. I will then turn those folders into ZIP files. From there, I would need the members of the team to listen to those files and type the file number and an exact text copy of what the audio files says. From there, we will take what you have, put it into a spreadsheet that matches up tywiggins spreadsheet. That will give us the data (in text form) to run a .bat file that will convert the names of the wav files we have to match their MVP counterparts.

I'm not asking for much.

Does anyone want to form up a team of 10 or 12 modders and make this a reality (changing Vin Scully and Dave Campbell over into the pbp announcers)?

spungo said that nothing of value has come from this site in forever. I wonder if anyone at MVPMods wanted to make this site seem 'relevant' to him again.

Good Luck with this, it's a HUGE undertaking.

This site is fine, there have been some nice mods released by guys over the off-season.

• 4 weeks later...

Im curious as to how getting the new announcers in will sound. I mean when you record pbp in studio you are given a script and what not so things all flow well. Are you just taking the prospective new pbp guys stuff from online? If so wouldnt it just flow very weird.

And if thats what you are doing, how about getting a couple guys with great voices on this site to devote time to record all the phrases. God knows id love to do it. Anyways im being presumptuous now because the way you guys are doing things may be superior to my thought. Do tell my friends.

So far it seems everyone is looking into the games audio files. Then taking note of what each file says and which announcer is saying it. There are many files so I can see why this has not been completed. However I can set aside an hour or 2 a day to help out between my college studies.

We need to recruit others =D I still think we should put a few guys with great voices from this site in the game. That'd be so titts(cartman's expression for kool) lol

Archived