State of MVPMods, January 2008

Kccitystar

Yeah because banning people should be fun

Not as fun as selective reading, apparently.

I'm promoting an alternative to actual outright suspensions and/or bans, as a way to allow staff to continue to enforce rules, but without removing download (and the like) rights from the users, because I have always felt that is just unneccesarily harsh in all but a very few cases.

Negative nancy. :D

• Replies 287
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No, you don't need to know and neither does anyone else. Because then that will open up a brand new Pandora's box of arguments and fights. If I threw out names right now, some people would agree with having that person gone from here and some would say that he should be let in and we would be going back and forth with that and before long, more fighting starts.

Well, in real life, the Mitchell Report opened up a pandora's box of arguments and fingerpointing, but guess what, the number of people who had rebuttals and something to say about their names being on the report were very small.

No, you don't need to know and neither does anyone else. Because then that will open up a brand new Pandora's box of arguments and fights. If I threw out names right now, some people would agree with having that person gone from here and some would say that he should be let in and we would be going back and forth with that and before long, more fighting starts.

Member names have been brought up several times in this thread. Sure it will cause some discussion but isn't that the point of this now 19 page active thread?

Besides, I've been around here a long time - you know I'm no rabble rouser (LOL, had to throw that term in...I laughed so hard when I read that).

Moose had been mentioned a whopping 82 times in the EAGLES Report

You know, upon thinking about it, Moose would probably be the ONLY guy I wouldn't let back in here. Sure, there is a long list of guys that I got into it with while a staff member, but a lot of stuff was said in the heat of the moment, and I think I would be fine with seeing them all back in here. Yes, that even includes Medric, who I have had a falling out with.

We are all human, and there are a lot worse things to worry about then this website, and who should be allowed to view/post in it. I say let them all back in, start them on the DL, then ween them all back into the general population.

what do you mean by that?

Gamebase just wasn't just one kid who was downloading like crazy. Gamebase actually is a Taiwanese gaming site and they were grabbing mods from here, probably every one of them since that's all they did. But then someone, and I won't say who, got gamebase's password and that was that.

Member names have been brought up several times in this thread. Sure it will cause some discussion but isn't that the point of this now 19 page active thread?

Bigbully, it will not cause discussion, it will cause arguments. Discussion is what has been going on in these last few pages of this thread. If we start naming names, watch how fast the direction of this thread deteriorates.

Now there has been one guy that has been brought up by some people and that was Moose. In case you guys don't recall this -and I do- Moose was last a member here right before Thanksgiving in 2005. He had a friend of his from his school create an account and that guy made countless swear filled posts. He was able to do so because that night the site was running very slow and I was the only one there that night. So as fast as he was making them I was behind him deleting them. Moose was behind that and he's been gone ever since.

Some of you guys who were here remember him and some had no problem with him and others did. The guy wasn't 100% bad or 100% wrong, but the way he left this site was not that good, especially since he was actually a moderator here for a short stint.

That's who he was and why he won't be back. Every once in awhile his name comes up here and this was one of the times. Heck, timay is back now. I am sure he can back up what I said because he's one of our original members here.

I'm liking the discussion going on in this thread. I like the DL idea. Also, I echo what Kelvarr said about the thread getting back to constructive suggestions instead of mindless bashing.

So do I. I would much rather participate in threads like we have right now.

Archived