State of MVPMods, January 2008

Kccitystar

• Replies 287
  • Created
  • Last Reply

All I can say, after catching up on the 9 additional pages that showed up since I logged on last, is something I have said before and will likely say again...

...AstroEric may be the smartest individual I've ever encoutered. And he's just cute as a button too.

He's always been my favorite user on this website, and he's showing why in this thread.

As for KG - Darn you, you landlocked, mountainous-surroundings having son-of-a-gun.

All I can say, after catching up on the 9 additional pages that showed up since I logged on last, is something I have said before and will likely say again...

...AstroEric may be the smartest individual I've ever encoutered. And he's just cute as a button too.

He's always been my favorite user on this website, and he's showing why in this thread.

As for KG - Darn you, you landlocked, mountainous-surroundings having son-of-a-gun.

I can't believe you are stepping out on me.

Leave the staff, and all of a sudden I am dirt to you?????

I can't believe you are stepping out on me.

Leave the staff, and all of a sudden I am dirt to you?????

Hey, baby, it ain't what it looks like!

I said Eric is cute as a BUTTON.

You're too big to be cute as a button. You're sort of... cute as a... big, drunken, hairy, bear of some sort.

You're cute as a big dumb animal.

A big dumb, drunken animal. There it is.

Hey, baby, it ain't what it looks like!

I said Eric is cute as a BUTTON.

You're too big to be cute as a button. You're sort of... cute as a... big, drunken, hairy, bear of some sort.

You're cute as a big dumb animal.

A big dumb, drunken animal. There it is.

Honest To God Rap, I swear I thought I was just reading something my wife would have wrote. I am horrified, yet slightly intrigued...

I always thought of this concept.

First offense, you lose your thread-making abilities.

Second offense, you can't post and everything you see becomes read only

Third offense, you are banned

Fourth offense, we find your IP and track you down so we can steal you and take you to Siberia

Fifth offense, nobody ever survives Siberia

There was a Hockey website, that had a seperate forum called "The Sin Bin". If you violated the rules, you were banished there, and that was the only place you could post. It was actually a good idea. Guys matured, and were then paroled back into the main population.

Y4L, I'm done arguing with you, but I want you and everyone here to know a couple of things about me:

I'm 17 years old, not 5 years old like some may or may not think. I'm of sound mind and body and able to uphold myself on the forums maturely.

I'm not here for the purpose of causing trouble. If I was, I would have left for http://arguemods.com a long time ago. I have not called Y4L any names behind his back. Any arguments that have gone on involving me have been public, there was nothing going on that everyone else here didn't already know about.

I'm here to mod. That's become awfully hard lately, and as a result everything I have been working on has been done away from the public eye.

I have felt the need to share my opinion on some occasions, most of the time it has just lead to trouble. I'm sorry for our latest skirmish Y4L.

I just need to take a break from this place, because sometimes the crap that goes on here just blows my mind. Back on topic!

atleast we know all that education hasn't gone to waste

There was a Hockey website, that had a seperate forum called "The Sin Bin". If you violated the rules, you were banished there, and that was the only place you could post. It was actually a good idea. Guys matured, and were then paroled back into the main population.

Genius idea, even better than my post above yours, which falls into the concept of idea #2 with handling banned members.

I like that idea

It was a cool idea, and it worked well. If I remember correctly, the forum was bright red, and the offenders could only post in yellow font.

But alot of guys took it seriously, and worked hard to be removed from that area. Some people are just dumb when it comes to forum etiquette, myself included, and they need to be taught how to act.

I think it is an idea that may work well for this site. Guys can still be a part of something special, I think it would lead to less multiple accounts being made, and by having them a part of the site, they are still able to read the rest of the forums. Instead of completely banishing them from here, make them work and learn how to act. Give them something to strive for, rather then closing the doors on them outright.

Set a moderator, who specifically looks after these guys: A zoo keeper if you will. Give them 30 days in this forum, then hold a Parole meeting with the other Admins/Moderators.

It's an idea that would work.

Y4L, I'm done arguing with you, but I want you and everyone here to know a couple of things about me:

I'm 17 years old, not 5 years old like some may or may not think. I'm of sound mind and body and able to uphold myself on the forums maturely.

I'm not here for the purpose of causing trouble. If I was, I would have left for http://arguemods.com a long time ago. I have not called Y4L any names behind his back. Any arguments that have gone on involving me have been public, there was nothing going on that everyone else here didn't already know about.

I'm here to mod. That's become awfully hard lately, and as a result everything I have been working on has been done away from the public eye.

I have felt the need to share my opinion on some occasions, most of the time it has just lead to trouble. I'm sorry for our latest skirmish Y4L.

I just need to take a break from this place, because sometimes the crap that goes on here just blows my mind. Back on topic!

Thank you CC720, I really feel a lot better. I know you are here to mod and I just want you to know I want to do anything I can to make you and everyone be more comfortable. I know you've been hard at work on the new Washington park and I am sure it is going to be one of the standout stadiums in the new 08 mod.

Please, say your opinions, say what you think on anything. I guess I get to worried at times as to prevent arguments in here that I try to stop some of them before they actually start.

If you need to take a break from here, fine. Just remember the door is always open when you decide to look around again. Thank you again.

DJ, remember when we suggested something like this to Trues some time ago? To have something like that Sin Bin thing you were talking about? We asked him if there was a way that a user can only have access to one part of the forum and post only in that part and for the other parts of the forum he would only have read-only rights? I think he said something like the board software we had we couldn't do it. Maybe with this new setup we can.

How about I send Trues this idea when I log on in the morning and see what he thinks?

Archived