State of MVPMods, January 2008

Kccitystar

Actually Y4L, that's a great idea by KC with the bans. Even though the offense may be minor, the user has the right to know why he was banned, and the PM's sent after the ban don't really help seeing as you cannot read them. I've had this happen numerous times before I was banned, when an admin would send me a PM stating why I was being suspended and then banned me so I could not read it.

I know we can't have a whole innocent until proven guilty thing going on for each ban, but how about we just give the users the right to know why they were banned and for how long starting from whatever date they were banned. Now I think that would be a great idea.

Also, what about the appealing of bans? I mean really, if the user is banned and can go read why he was banned, he can have maybe five days to search the forums to search for posts that led to his suspension, appealing his ban if it was unjust. On the fifth day he would be able to send his appeal to Trues, or an other admin and then they can decide. Or if you really want to go deep in this, you can have a group of 5 people that can vote on whether to let the member enter the site again, or remain banned. This is just an idea. I really think though it would be a lot more fair, especially now that if we do this, there can absolutely no reason for a member to complain when they are banned on the appeal.

Honestly, I think that would be a good idea. Does anyone have any comments on that?

I think having an appeals process is taking this site way to seriously. But I do agree that before the ban is put into effect, the "offender" should be properly notified.

I am not making fun of you NYM, but your living proof that just because someone is suspended numerous times, doesn't mean they will never be welcome here again. It's the attitude you have when you are let back it, that will affect how long you are here.

Does that make sense?

• Replies 287
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Whoa whoa whoa Y4L. I have never been against any admin/moderator on this site. Yes, me and you had a little fallout with some POTD's a couple months ago and when you said you wanted Clemens to hit Papi in the head, but within the past 2 years I have been here, I don't think I have really been any trouble at all.

As for DJ, I was also known as Franchise_Player and d1git4l_cha0s

I yes, now I remember. I have never had any problems with you.

Actually Y4L, that's a great idea by KC with the bans. Even though the offense may be minor, the user has the right to know why he was banned, and the PM's sent after the ban don't really help seeing as you cannot read them. I've had this happen numerous times before I was banned, when an admin would send me a PM stating why I was being suspended and then banned me so I could not read it.

I know we can't have a whole innocent until proven guilty thing going on for each ban, but how about we just give the users the right to know why they were banned and for how long starting from whatever date they were banned. Now I think that would be a great idea.

Also, what about the appealing of bans? I mean really, if the user is banned and can go read why he was banned, he can have maybe five days to search the forums to search for posts that led to his suspension, appealing his ban if it was unjust. On the fifth day he would be able to send his appeal to Trues, or an other admin and then they can decide. Or if you really want to go deep in this, you can have a group of 5 people that can vote on whether to let the member enter the site again, or remain banned. This is just an idea. I really think though it would be a lot more fair, especially now that if we do this, there can absolutely no reason for a member to complain when they are banned on the appeal.

Honestly, I think that would be a good idea. Does anyone have any comments on that?

Again, I respectfully disagree.

Let me use you as an example. How many times have you been banned and you have been informed by me via e-mail? You had all the information of why you were banned in those e-mails.

All anyone has to do is provide a good e-mail address and this problem is solved. Get a g-mail account or Yahoo or hotmail or whatever. And we will use that to contact you if and when you are banned.

I don't believe in the appealing of the bans either for one reason. I have to say that 95% of the time a person does not serve their entire ban anyway. We (and I mean the person who did the banning) cuts the ban as they see fit. That's another thing that is overlooked by a lot of these people out here who get their kicks out of calling us Nazi admins.

Now, as you mention having five people voting on letting the person back in or not. Would you feel comfortable with that if you were banned again? What if those five don't like you? According to this system, you'd be gone. I'd rather deal one on one with the person who banned you.

Or, here's a crazy idea. Don't do anything to get banned.

One question. WHY? Please, bear with me for a second. Here I am thinking that I am dealing with a bunch of young adults that have the ability to read. Is there any reason why any of you can't take two minutes out of your life and read the rules of the site? And how is it your business as to why another person got banned? You have been here long enough to know that everyone will know anyways. You don't need a thread for this. What you really want here is for us to come to you with an explanation as to why someone was banned so you all can judge if you think it was worthy or not. Read the rules. So the next time some guy talks about getting the no cd patch for his game, you'll know what happened to him.

This is all true, however, I'm sure we have all seen some unique instances when it comes to banning members. KC's suggestion is not saying we need an explanation, but rather that someone can see what they did wrong and not emulate that.

This is just your opinion, so that's it. There are people that will blindly agree with you because they're always against us, like nusileidimas, D-Unit and Fred13 who seem to think we are just nazi-admins, or maybe just me personally. And then there are others here who will realize that we do the best job we can.

I'm just going to repost this, because you clearly took it out of context:

I'm somewhat indifferent to the whole discussion, but I do think this:

Is one idea that should be implemented in the site. It can go right along with the site rules and it will put an end to people's "omg, I got banned cuz the admins are nazis" complaints.

Nowhere did I say anything about me thinking that was the case. I'm talking about the people who feel they where unjustly banned. In almost two years at this site I have never had any problems with any of the admins/mods. And in no way do I blindly agree to what KC wrote, as you can see in the first line in my response to the thread.

Again, I respectfully disagree.

Let me use you as an example. How many times have you been banned and you have been informed by me via e-mail? You had all the information of why you were banned in those e-mails.

Again I have never received an email explaining why I was banned, so I can only assume that is how it is for everyone

only 4 of the 7-8 time have I even received an email and here is what they said

58215001be7.png

17829761iz8.png

44722231rp8.png

43164590yn9.png

But you're right Y4L why change anything is seems to be working so wonderfully

Again I have never received an email explaining why I was banned, so I can only assume that is how it is for everyone

Kraw, I understand that no matter what I post in here you will analyze it and try to pick it apart. That's fine. But when I suspend someone they will receive an e-mail from me explaining why or at the very least I will tell them if I happen to catch up to them on AIM or Yahoo. I have never sent one of those automated ones to you or anyone. I still do things the old fashioned way.

I could pick it apart and have chosen not to, I just pointing out blatant errors.

now you claim YOU have never generated one of them automatic notices?

Are you sure?

Because Trues says different

Look at the date on that thing. November 9, 2004! And yes, I am saying I do not send out these automated responses. I think the software from the board does it by itself to the people who have had access blocked.

Let's go back over the past year or so. I haven't banned you once. You know that. But if you still got those same responses that tells me that no one sends these out, they are send automatically.

When I do a ban I send a personal one out to the person. That is what I am saying.

I have never deleted any email (never know when you might need them), most I do not even read

foryoulv5.png

our of 9742 message I have only read 1663 of them

I pretty much do the same thing with PMs but they roll off

I have all my email all the back to Sat Jan 16, 1999 (for yahoo.com)

What the hell is moveon.org?

MoveOn is a non-profit liberal public policy advocacy group, which has raised millions of dollars for Democratic Party candidates in the United States. It was formed in response to the impeachment of President Clinton, and is by some accounts, cited as a factor which helped propel the Democratic Party to power in the 2006 election.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MoveOn.org

Wow man, nice to see your perfect Kraw.

You know why you were suspended the couple of times you were. To stop the fighting around here.

This is what I meant when I said that Kraw's reputation precedes him at times. Despite that being right or wrong, it is what it is.

Wow man, nice to see your perfect Kraw.

You know why you were suspended the couple of times you were. To stop the fighting around here.

We aren't perfect around here, but neither are you. You have been in the wrong, but you never admit it, it's always the "Power Hungry Admins".

did I say I was perfect mother XXXX, if so please point it out. If not shut the XXXX up

EDITED BY Y4L to avoid any further escalations. You know darn well we don't need any swear words in here man.

Exactly, I am not trying to get into a pissing match with Kraw, because I believe there has been some common ground made between him and I. But when I banned a few guys all at once, it was because a war had broken out on the site, and I did it to calm things down.

did I say I was perfect mother XXXX, if so please point it out. If not shut the XXXX up

EDITED BY Y4L to avoid any further escalations. You know darn well we don't need any swear words in here man.

Know you didn't, but you like to point out how you are constantly wronged by us, but never admit to causing any of the crap that does take place.

Stay Classy Kraw, you Da Man!

not that any of this i any of my business but agruing this out in a public forum is only asking people to once again "take sides" if you will. It might be important for you to talk this out, but argueing back and forth like this where everyone can read it is what got all this started in the first place is it not?

Look, I have no desire to argue with him or anyone else anymore. I would just, for once, like to see members here to some responsibility when things go crazy, instead of blaming me, or any other Admin.

Simple as that. Yes, we are to blame for some of the crap, but so are certain members here, and suspended.

Anyway, sorry for taking this thread off-topic. I would be happy to clear the air in PMs Kraw.

Archived