State of MVPMods, January 2008

Kccitystar

Now I don't know what you Admins are getting for PMs and such and the people you have to deal with, but I will say it does seem like some of you have a very short fuse.

Using terms such as "SOB" and "snot-nosed" and "punk" when referring to members publicly doesn't really help matters and just seems to escalate things. But then again I don't know what has been said between the two. I'm just looking at this thread from the viewpoint an outside observer and I see a lot of venom and anger in some Admin posts.

This is I think where members get the impression that the admins are angry people. I think situations could be handled a little more tamely...

Big O, I agree. It's not something I make a habit of doing and I should apologize for this right away. I thank you for bringing this up. I apologize again for saying it although I am sure that the person who wished me dead would not go as far.

There is some anger in some of these posts, but we got to keep them out of here. Part of the anger is that there are some users on here that think they know what is going on when they really don't. We get accused of stuff when it really isn't the case and that gets frustrating when it keeps happening.

• Replies 287
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think there in lies the problem I was having. I was getting into arguments with members, and totally disregarding that I needed to put this site, ahead of my own ego.

I should have walked away from the argument, but instead I inflated the situation. That reflected poorly on this site and Trues.

That's why I need to take a step back, and have some fun again. Looking forward to just being a member, and having some "Heated Debates".

Some more thoughts:

1. I don't think CC720 is a rabble rouser. I said that maybe he was, I didn't know. I haven't kept track of all of his posts, but honestly, I haven't seen anything to lead me to believe that.

2. I concur with BigO's post wholeheartedly. I made a post long ago that...was responded to angrily by certain admin...that certain admin are quick to fly off the handle. In doing so, they lose moral authority, and that in turn leads members like me to no longer respect certain admin in their duties, no matter what I think about them as people. For better or worse, when you take the position, you're expected to be better than the regular user. That's why you got the job in the first place, right?

3. I see a lot of apologizing from lots of different directions, but not any follow-through. If I don't rinse out the dishes when I put them in the sink, then apologize to my wife, that doesn't mean it will be a-OK next time I do so. Apologies cease to suffice after they're made so many times that they become meaningless.

The problems that we have now are the same problems that we had six months ago. Forget about the past, how can we fix things in the future? And what will be the personal ramifications if we fail to follow-through?

Some more thoughts:

1. I don't think CC720 is a rabble rouser. I said that maybe he was, I didn't know. I haven't kept track of all of his posts, but honestly, I haven't seen anything to lead me to believe that.

2. I concur with BigO's post wholeheartedly. I made a post long ago that...was responded to angrily by certain admin...that certain admin are quick to fly off the handle. In doing so, they lose moral authority, and that in turn leads members like me to no longer respect certain admin in their duties, no matter what I think about them as people. For better or worse, when you take the position, you're expected to be better than the regular user. That's why you got the job in the first place, right?

3. I see a lot of apologizing from lots of different directions, but not any follow-through. If I don't rinse out the dishes when I put them in the sink, then apologize to my wife, that doesn't mean it will be a-OK next time I do so. Apologies cease to suffice after they're made so many times that they become meaningless.

The problems that we have now are the same problems that we had six months ago. Forget about the past, how can we fix things in the future? And what will be the personal ramifications if we fail to follow-through?

KC hit the nail on the coffin:

Less moderation, a little more lee-way with members, and perhaps just have more of an open mind when the "DEBATES" happen.

Things I should have considered a long time ago.

Good example. But give this thread time, it's not done yet. But AstroEric you got to realize that when you are in this kind of position you are not invincible. I am just a regular person like everyone else. I'm no better than anyone here and I won't act like I am. When that guy told me he was waiting for me to die it crossed a line.

Let me try to reach out to CC720 here so I can show you and him what I really mean. CC720, while it is fine for you to want to stick up and defend spungo, you got to understand you don't have the entire picture of what happened. It is hard to get that across at times. That's really all I meant.

CC720, I want you to understand something. I know I did say don't post in here earlier, and the post above that I responded to Kraw with says you can. I meant that. I didn't want you to post before just to avoid any further problems. I don't really consider you someone who wants to ruin things around here. I just want you to understand that there's a lot more to what goes on in private that does affect what goes on out here.

I take it you never knew what spungo said to me. I don't want you to think I took it out on you because you are his friend. But at the same time here's me acting juvenile and small by calling you a punk, among other things. Please believe that I regret saying it. No one has told me that I "better do this." You learn to do the right thing all by yourself eventually. I feel I let down Trues by saying that to you and I say I am sorry to him as well as you. I am not typing this because I think I better, I am doing this because I am listening to what is posted in this thread. I want to work with everyone here to make this a great year. I want you to understand I'm sorry and that's what I want you to know. I hope you accept.

Well now that this is back on topic a little more as is said before i think ti would help a great lot to see a set of Specific Rules and Ban lenths made.

IE if you break X rule once you get baned for X days twice 2x days, 3 times permanent.

That way if someone wanted to complain an admin could simply refer to that list rather than argue with the person. Also i think it might deter people from doing or saying dumb things and thinking they might get away with it. Because as much as it is a set of rules for a member it is a set of rules for an admin as well.

AKA if i broke a rule id be violating the rules and if an admin didnt ban me for it hed be violating the rules.

I don't think there should be bans for certain amounts of times. Maybe a suspension for a week or two as a warning, but then a permanent ban after that. Because if you get suspended for 2 days just for breaking a rule, it won't be seen as much because for all we know some people might just be here only every 2 or so days and won't have much of an effect on it.

Some more thoughts:

Trues. I think, in my opinion only, it is long past time to step up to this post and address it because I can not agree anymore with this, word for word, than I do now.

I'll admit I've been in a lot of arguments over my time here, and I've started some while fueling others but I think I've made a lot of improvement. I mean I still blow up here and there, but I don't think I'm the only one who needs to take it down a notch.

haha i didnt know you were form Switzerland i love how international this site is.

I think we should all take the Rolies's "I mod for myself and ill put it up for you and help you out but so long as i like what i make i could give a dam what other people do ro think of my mods." Approach

Let's run this like Kid Nation and do re-elections! The blue district is the modders, the yellow district is the spammers, the green district is the graphic artists, and the red district is the admins.

Boo-yah!

Archived