State of MVPMods, January 2008

Kccitystar

The public should not have any access to the "Disabled List". This is a spot for offenders to work on their forum etiquette, without the ridicule from the other members.

...uh... that won't work. Unless you expect there to be a few hundred people on the D/L at any given time. I was hoping for only a few people to actually be ON the D/L every now and then.

What if there is only one? Does he talk to himself?

...having only the "D/L people" be able to post in the D/L would make an awfully quiet area... at least I would hope so.

If you're worried about people on the D/L getting overly harassed by "Active" people... I wouldn't. Cuz that would likely lead to a trip to the D/L for them as well.

Now - being sent to the D/L might get you a LITTLE bit of LIGHT-HEARTED razzing... but I don't think anything more than that should be tolerated.

The whole point of this concept is to make things a little less "serious" around here - isn't it?

• Replies 287
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Maybe this type of thing would work like this:

While on the Disabled List, your avatar is changed to saying "Day to Day" or "15 Day D/L" or "60 Day D/L" and then your title is the date your stint on the D/L began.

As for the REASON for the "disabling"... like I said - what if the person did NOT want it talked about... I like the idea of simply letting them talk about it in the D/L area if they want to, but not specifically MAKING a thread every time.

Well, but making a thread with the "reason of the banning" would be better. And it would avoid those silly questions: "Why (user) was banned?

In every italian forum there is a banned users list. Look at this:

italian forum #1

italian forum #2

You crazy Italians. :wink:

To the question "Why was blahblah put on the disabled list?" I would simply respond "Go to the D/L Area and ask him/her yourself."

That would make it that particular users' choice as to wether or not he/she wanted to make it other people's business as to what happened.

...uh... that won't work. Unless you expect there to be a few hundred people on the D/L at any given time. I was hoping for only a few people to actually be ON the D/L every now and then.

What if there is only one? Does he talk to himself?

...having only the "D/L people" be able to post in the D/L would make an awfully quiet area... at least I would hope so.

If you're worried about people on the D/L getting overly harassed by "Active" people... I wouldn't. Cuz that would likely lead to a trip to the D/L for them as well.

Now - being sent to the D/L might get you a LITTLE bit of LIGHT-HEARTED razzing... but I don't think anything more than that should be tolerated.

The whole point of this concept is to make things a little less "serious" around here - isn't it?

Yeah, never thought of that. I guess I never really thought that through. They would have to have access to make this work. My bad.

...although you have to admit, having a member like Medric arguing with himself, would make for some great times.

:lmao: superciuc.

I'm really liking this idea. It would be a MUCH less abrasive way for enforcing the rules. Instead of totally hosing someone out of reading the forums and downloading stuff and being able to feel like a participant... it would be a more lighthearted way of solving issues. It would still stop the "offender" from causing problems in the public forums, but it wouldn't "suspend" them from the site - creating all the hard feelings that tend to crop up from that.

Now, I expect some people would launch into tirades in the D/L Area, making for some interesting reading at times... but a slightly different set of rules might be needed for that area - since if you're sending people there - they might be unhappy about it - especially at first.

But considering the "Disabled List" as an alternative to Suspensions and Bans - I LOVE IT.

I'm really liking this idea. It would be a MUCH less abrasive way for enforcing the rules. Instead of totally hosing someone out of reading the forums and downloading stuff and being able to feel like a participant... it would be a more lighthearted way of solving issues. It would still stop the "offender" from causing problems in the public forums, but it wouldn't "suspend" them from the site - creating all the hard feelings that tend to crop up from that.

Now, I expect some people would launch into tirades in the D/L Area, making for some interesting reading at times... but a slightly different set of rules might be needed for that area - since if you're sending people there - they might be unhappy about it - especially at first.

But considering the "Disabled List" as an alternative to Suspensions and Bans - I LOVE IT.

See, every so often I get waves of brilliance.

haha it'd be great if you admin fellows filled in funny *** injuries as reason for the trip to the DL.

Like X person was sent to the 15 day DL after falling down the stairs while sleep walking....

oh wait nvm that actually happened

They could pull off an NHL 03 injury, and by far the worst injury I have EVER seen in a video game. Yes, that's right, it's the RUPTURED TESTICLE...OUCH!

i don't think so i think it should just be place where they can still ask questions or comment about things that are happening and members could choose to answer them. But they cant make trouble in a normal thread and they get to be looked down at and embarrassed a little. They don't need to post for any of that to happen.

Still, i don't know what's the difference between a suspension and a ban. In Italy, you get suspended for 2 weeks, then you get a permanent ban.

You can get suspended for Spam, Illegal downloads, etc. You can get banned for insults to another users, flame, etc.

In Italy, you can have double-accounts. I have 4 or 5 accounts in one italian forum :lol:

Yeah because banning people should be fun

Everyone who has been currently banned should get a spot on the DL be it the maximum 60 day ban or the 15 day. Permaban's should be extreme cases

I agree. I think ALMOST everyone could/should be moved to the DL section, and then given a certain length of time in there, before they are let back into the general public.

There are a few guys though, who shouldn't be let back in.

I can't believe it but after a few hours and a broken mouse and keyboard, I finally read everything so far. And my eyes are tired. 8O I too think the DL is a good idea.

But, how about this? Is the bolded a good idea too? Or maybe just for the 60 day DL?

I like the whole DL Ban List a lot. I think one thing is that the members that do get put into the DL area MUST post in there to be reinstated instead of just riding the stint out.

Have a good night everyone. :salute:

I agree. I think ALMOST everyone could/should be moved to the DL section, and then given a certain length of time in there, before they are let back into the general public.

There are a few guys though, who shouldn't be let back in.

I've been reading this thread over the past few days...regarding the post above, I'd like to see some names you would not allow back in.

I've been reading this thread over the past few days...regarding the post above, I'd like to see some names you would not allow back in.

No, you don't need to know and neither does anyone else. Because then that will open up a brand new Pandora's box of arguments and fights. If I threw out names right now, some people would agree with having that person gone from here and some would say that he should be let in and we would be going back and forth with that and before long, more fighting starts.

I, too, like the DL idea. At first, I agreed that the GP (general population) shouldn't be allowed to post in there, but after someone (don't remember who) said that hopefully, there wouldn't be that many people there, it does make sense to let anyone talk there.

I am also glad that the thread got back to positive things, and possibly things to come rather than the bickering that I read and didn't completely understand.

Archived