State of MVPMods, January 2008

Kccitystar

• Replies 287
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i also think that you 2 bickering over donations takes away from the issue at hand

I don't think it's bickering, they're talking out the situation calmly and logically, instead of shouting insults at eachother back-and-forth in a shoutblock somewhere, the way many prefer to handle arguments

I don't think it's bickering, they're talking out the situation calmly and logically, instead of shouting insults at eachother back-and-forth in a shoutblock somewhere, the way many prefer to handle arguments

ok i take it back but their are better places, PM maybye, where they could sort this off topic issue out.

I don't usually drop my two cents into threads like this, but after being here for three years (not to mention the High Heat Community for a few years), I feel strongly compelled to do so.

The ideas put forth by KC are just that; ideas. For as much time and hard work that he has put into the good of this community, I'd say he knows his way around, and he's been as fair and impartial as one can be when one voices a need for change. This very thread is meant to further the strength of this site, which in my opinion, would be an asset considering all that we've gotten (and continue to get) to better this game.

I don't engage in arguments, personal attacks, or calling anyone out for anything. I'd rather have the benefits of this site, with members (like KC and others) who have spent their time and hard work, keep bringing us a better baseball gaming experience like they have for the last few years.

As far as the Site Wars - Admin/Mod issue, I'd rather keep my personal opinions to myself. Make no mistake, I've got my own opinions, and I've read enough non-sense and verbal spewage that would drown a lesser site, but if I choose to enter into that negative realm, I'm only adding to the problem.

MVP Mods has been an extremely strong community since it's inception, and continuing to post positive ideas are exactly what's going to keep it at the top. I can't begin to tell you how in awe I've been at some of the talent on this board, how many friends I've made, and just the pure satisfaction I have knowing that I can come here everyday, let alone baseball season.

Let me end with this:

Thank you Trues, for continuing on from where the High Heat series left off. Thanks to all the cool people that I've met, and thanks to each and everyone of you that has contributed their time and effort.

unless one is a mod/admin you can only delete your own post if it is currently the last in a thread

well mine and DJ's post quoting mine both disappeared either way its of little consequence.

Basically all i said was Modders shoudlnt be admins becuase admins need to be far enough removed from a situation to moderate and its hard for a moddder to be unbiased about his own work.

I also said that admins should step back from situation that involves them and defer it to a fellow admin

and that a monthly e-mail confermation wouldnt block out anyone who checks their e mail

well mine and DJ's post quoting mine both disappeared either way its of little consequence.

Basically all i said was Modders shoudlnt be admins becuase admins need to be far enough removed from a situation to moderate and its hard for a moddder to be unbiased about his own work.

I also said that admins should step back from situation that involves them and defer it to a fellow admin

and that a monthly e-mail confermation wouldnt block out anyone who checks their e mail

That may have been my fault. I deleted mine, and may have deleted yours also.

I followed this the best that I could last night until I couldn't stay awake anymore and had to log off. As I said last night, I'd respond today and that's what I want to do now.

The way I see this post by KC is that it is just his opinion and nothing else. If people agree with him on this and with everything he says, that's your choice. I think he does bring up some interesting points, but I won't go as far as saying that I agree with this wholeheartedly.

I agree with KC when he said we all got together because we shared the same interest in a video game. Look how far we have become in the improvement of this game since it first was released. The modders here have made a good game great. But we all know this, so I don't have to touch upon this anymore.

But I would like to know why that almost all the active modders are bitter here and bitter towards the administrators? I really don't see that and if I am wrong please provide me with a list of bitter active modders and I will personally send them a PM asking them why.

You bring up the site war again. People all know about that. But if you think about it, most of the bad feelings between these two sites come from and start from people that have been banned from this site and each of them has been banned from here for a very good reason. They are lashing out at this site because this site has chosen to go on without them. It's almost expected now that when someone gets banned here they are going to run over to Eamods and either go in the shoutbox there or make a thread and tell everyone that (insert admin name here) banned them for no good reason and they were picking on them because they were doing nothing wrong and those guys over at Mvpmods are nothing but a-holes. It's happened before and it will happen again.

Some of your suggestions KC are good, some I got to question, and one I think is blatantly hurtful and insulting.

You want Mark and I to step down because we don't mod? To be technical, Mark is a modder as he has made Waterfront Park, or shall we forget he has done that? Of course he has not modded as much as you and there are only a few people here that can say they have as many mods as you. But you are right about me. I do not have one single stadium/uniform/portrait mod that I can say is my very own.

But I have been here since the beginning, and that's way back in February of 2004. I've been here practically every day doing anything I can to help people out here. I work for Trues and I appreciated him asking me to help him out on this new site four years ago and I am very loyal to that.

Not once have I put this site above myself. And I don't need you to tell me that this site is all about the modders. I knew this all along. My policy is to stay out of the modders way and let them work. I have always stuck up for the rights of modders and have tried to do what was right for them and by them.

Do you know that I have to wake up early for work each day? The reason why I bring this up is that I have my alarm set even earlier each day for me to wake up just so I have time to come in here to check my PM's. I have a lot of PM's from new people asking me just about anything you can think of and I like to make sure they get a quick response from me instead of waiting until the late afternoon when I return home. That's just something that I do that I took upon myself because part of this job is service that even someone who doesn't mod is capable of doing.

Do I make mistakes while I am doing this job? Yes I have. I admit it and I try not to have it happen a second time. But we all are here on our spare time and we all do the best we can.

I know that you and the people that have agreed with you in this post think we are power hungry and we close topics for no reason, etc etc. I really don't know how to answer that except that it's total nonsense. The best times for me when I am here and I have to stress again that the best times I've had here are when I have not had to ban/lock/warn/ about anything. I've had many days like that. But if there is a problem here I just can't pretend that it isn't happening. Sometimes when a thread is locked it is to avoid a five alarm flame war. It's never locked because of who made it.

It just seems to me you guys understand why we lock threads and ban people when it isn't happening to you. Take that piece of sh** that always comes in here selling those phones. You all know who I am talking about. It's always a new account and he's selling those Nokia items. Well, when we ban him and lock that thread, you all understand. But if someone else does something in here that is as plain against the rules as you all know that is, then it is a different story.

By having you suggest that Mark and I step down KC is insulting and that is how I took it.

One other suggestion you made that I don't agree with is this one:

There needs to be a read-only forum with a list of bans, links to the post, and the reason for banning. Make sure that the offending posts are clearly marked with 'USER BANNED/PROBATED/WHATEVER FOR THIS POST' so people can be clear on what is unacceptable.

One question. WHY? Please, bear with me for a second. Here I am thinking that I am dealing with a bunch of young adults that have the ability to read. Is there any reason why any of you can't take two minutes out of your life and read the rules of the site? And how is it your business as to why another person got banned? You have been here long enough to know that everyone will know anyways. You don't need a thread for this. What you really want here is for us to come to you with an explanation as to why someone was banned so you all can judge if you think it was worthy or not. Read the rules. So the next time some guy talks about getting the no cd patch for his game, you'll know what happened to him.

This is just your opinion, so that's it. There are people that will blindly agree with you because they're always against us, like nusileidimas, D-Unit and Fred13 who seem to think we are just nazi-admins, or maybe just me personally. And then there are others here who will realize that we do the best job we can.

I do the best job I can here KC. I've been proud to be here since the beginning. If that isn't good enough for you or whomever agrees with you in this post, it's just too bad.

I followed this the best that I could last night until I couldn't stay awake anymore and had to log off. As I said last night, I'd respond today and that's what I want to do now.

The way I see this post by KC is that it is just his opinion and nothing else. If people agree with him on this and with everything he says, that's your choice. I think he does bring up some interesting points, but I won't go as far as saying that I agree with this wholeheartedly.

I agree with KC when he said we all got together because we shared the same interest in a video game. Look how far we have become in the improvement of this game since it first was released. The modders here have made a good game great. But we all know this, so I don't have to touch upon this anymore.

But I would like to know why that almost all the active modders are bitter here and bitter towards the administrators? I really don't see that and if I am wrong please provide me with a list of bitter active modders and I will personally send them a PM asking them why.

You bring up the site war again. People all know about that. But if you think about it, most of the bad feelings between these two sites come from and start from people that have been banned from this site and each of them has been banned from here for a very good reason. They are lashing out at this site because this site has chosen to go on without them. It's almost expected now that when someone gets banned here they are going to run over to Eamods and either go in the shoutbox there or make a thread and tell everyone that (insert admin name here) banned them for no good reason and they were picking on them because they were doing nothing wrong and those guys over at Mvpmods are nothing but a-holes. It's happened before and it will happen again.

Some of your suggestions KC are good, some I got to question, and one I think is blatantly hurtful and insulting.

You want Mark and I to step down because we don't mod? To be technical, Mark is a modder as he has made Waterfront Park, or shall we forget he has done that? Of course he has not modded as much as you and there are only a few people here that can say they have as many mods as you. But you are right about me. I do not have one single stadium/uniform/portrait mod that I can say is my very own.

But I have been here since the beginning, and that's way back in February of 2004. I've been here practically every day doing anything I can to help people out here. I work for Trues and I appreciated him asking me to help him out on this new site four years ago and I am very loyal to that.

Not once have I put this site above myself. And I don't need you to tell me that this site is all about the modders. I knew this all along. My policy is to stay out of the modders way and let them work. I have always stuck up for the rights of modders and have tried to do what was right for them and by them.

Do you know that I have to wake up early for work each day? The reason why I bring this up is that I have my alarm set even earlier each day for me to wake up just so I have time to come in here to check my PM's. I have a lot of PM's from new people asking me just about anything you can think of and I like to make sure they get a quick response from me instead of waiting until the late afternoon when I return home. That's just something that I do that I took upon myself because part of this job is service that even someone who doesn't mod is capable of doing.

Do I make mistakes while I am doing this job? Yes I have. I admit it and I try not to have it happen a second time. But we all are here on our spare time and we all do the best we can.

I know that you and the people that have agreed with you in this post think we are power hungry and we close topics for no reason, etc etc. I really don't know how to answer that except that it's total nonsense. The best times for me when I am here and I have to stress again that the best times I've had here are when I have not had to ban/lock/warn/ about anything. I've had many days like that. But if there is a problem here I just can't pretend that it isn't happening. Sometimes when a thread is locked it is to avoid a five alarm flame war. It's never locked because of who made it.

It just seems to me you guys understand why we lock threads and ban people when it isn't happening to you. Take that piece of sh** that always comes in here selling those phones. You all know who I am talking about. It's always a new account and he's selling those Nokia items. Well, when we ban him and lock that thread, you all understand. But if someone else does something in here that is as plain against the rules as you all know that is, then it is a different story.

By having you suggest that Mark and I step down KC is insulting and that is how I took it.

One other suggestion you made that I don't agree with is this one:

One question. WHY? Please, bear with me for a second. Here I am thinking that I am dealing with a bunch of young adults that have the ability to read. Is there any reason why any of you can't take two minutes out of your life and read the rules of the site? And how is it your business as to why another person got banned? You have been here long enough to know that everyone will know anyways. You don't need a thread for this. What you really want here is for us to come to you with an explanation as to why someone was banned so you all can judge if you think it was worthy or not. Read the rules. So the next time some guy talks about getting the no cd patch for his game, you'll know what happened to him.

This is just your opinion, so that's it. There are people that will blindly agree with you because they're always against us, like nusileidimas, D-Unit and Fred13 who seem to think we are just nazi-admins, or maybe just me personally. And then there are others here who will realize that we do the best job we can.

I do the best job I can here KC. I've been proud to be here since the beginning. If that isn't good enough for you or whomever agrees with you in this post, it's just too bad.

I don't think D-Unit, and fred13 are against us. I have really had nothing but great dealings with Fred, and although D-Unit can be hot-headed, he has always treated me with respect. The other guy, I honestly have no idea, cause I lost track of who he was before we changed his name for him.

KC's opinion is his, and I respect that. I don't understand why he put "Big changes in 2008", but I appreciate him for making his points known.

Will this help the site? Who knows. Like any other messageboard, we are still going to get the spammers, trollers, and troublemakers, and everytime we do something about, people are going to complain that we are power hungry.

Whoa whoa whoa Y4L. I have never been against any admin/moderator on this site. Yes, me and you had a little fallout with some POTD's a couple months ago and when you said you wanted Clemens to hit Papi in the head, but within the past 2 years I have been here, I don't think I have really been any trouble at all.

As for DJ, I was also known as Franchise_Player and d1git4l_cha0s

people that have been banned from this site and each of them has been banned from here for a very good reason.

Well I've been banned without good reason before or any reason (more than once). I can only assume it happens to others too. Should they not be allowed to bitched when banned for no reason?

Well I've been banned without good reason before or any reason (more than once). I can only assume it happens to others too. Should they not be allowed to bitched when banned for no reason?

In your case, maybe. But you are a different breed compared to the others. Your reputation precedes you around here. You have taken up the cause for many people around here, some who may have deserved it and some who have not.

Actually Y4L, that's a great idea by KC with the bans. Even though the offense may be minor, the user has the right to know why he was banned, and the PM's sent after the ban don't really help seeing as you cannot read them. I've had this happen numerous times before I was banned, when an admin would send me a PM stating why I was being suspended and then banned me so I could not read it.

I know we can't have a whole innocent until proven guilty thing going on for each ban, but how about we just give the users the right to know why they were banned and for how long starting from whatever date they were banned. Now I think that would be a great idea.

Also, what about the appealing of bans? I mean really, if the user is banned and can go read why he was banned, he can have maybe five days to search the forums to search for posts that led to his suspension, appealing his ban if it was unjust. On the fifth day he would be able to send his appeal to Trues, or an other admin and then they can decide. Or if you really want to go deep in this, you can have a group of 5 people that can vote on whether to let the member enter the site again, or remain banned. This is just an idea. I really think though it would be a lot more fair, especially now that if we do this, there can absolutely no reason for a member to complain when they are banned on the appeal.

Honestly, I think that would be a good idea. Does anyone have any comments on that?

Archived