EA Submits Proposal to Purchase Take Two

sfgiantsflgators

• Replies 247
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Because they would most likely also acquire the sports division , I'm sure they will not use the same format to create textures and such. Our mods won't be compatible, plus, if I remember clearly, Kraw found it impossible to edit a 2K baseball file. Like I said before, the tools we currently use to edit are compatible with EA textures as far back as Triple Play 99, and they work with almost every EA Sports title. Acquiring the assets of 2K Sports will change everything.

Downloadable content. They have a habit of charging far too much for things that are already on the CD, so in away you are purchasing an encryption code to use things that you already bought.

In layman's terms, let's say you bought MVP Baseball 2009 on the XBOX360. The game itself costs $59.99. You are already convinced that you've paid full price for a game and all the goodies that come with it, until you realize that you have to pay $4.99 or something close just to unlock a team's throwback uniforms. From what I know with EA games, that throwback uniform would be included on the disc, but would need to be unlocked using a special key.

That special key = $4.99

$4.99 = Downloadable Content.

Grand Theft Auto IV

But why would they want to use 2K's baseball stuff when it is flawed? MVP had a much better setup as far as hitting and pitching. EA knows what modders have done for this game so while there may be a drastic change on the console side, I see them releasing MVP using the same format that's been successful for them all along...

But why would they want to use 2K's baseball stuff when it is flawed? MVP had a much better setup as far as hitting and pitching. EA knows what modders have done for this game so while there may be a drastic change on the console side, I see them releasing MVP using the same format that's been successful for them all along...

The Developers of the NHL series acknowledged the modders over at Double Minor as good for the company. The developers at EA do know about this site, as well as others. They wouldn't switch much, and would allow for some great stuff to occur.

However, I hoe EA doesn't get 2k, because seeing how Madden has turned out, I fear the same fate for the others.

What happens when 2K gets acquired by EA? Simple. A new baseball game gets made, our existing utilities will most likely not work, since a lot of them are designed for existing EA formats since Triple Play 99. Plus, sports games won't benefit from this.

mlb 2k8 dies and MVP comes back, because it is still the better game. The tools I uses worked on the latest NBA Live so I'm not worried about tools

everybody feared 2K would go to **** when T2 bought it from Sega

Did it?

T2 also bought Visual Concepts from Sega so that deal didn't really go to waste. VC makes good games. Kush (now 2K Los Angeles)....not so much.

EDIT: Also, EA doesn't have a baseball division anymore, most of the 07 devs went to Blue Castle Games (The BIGS) and the producer for the MVP series is with 2K Los Angeles on MLB 2K's series.

Anyway, this deal sucks for people who play other sports games. What makes you think EA won't drop 2K Basketball over Live? the NFL 2K franchise over Madden? The NHL 2K series over EA's NHL series?

There won't be much competition unless SCEA wants to branch out and cover all of the sports, and we know how that turned out (NBA 08, NFL Gameday, etc.)

People may be misunderstanding what *might* happen if EA buys TakeTwo.

EA would still be EA, TakeTwo would still be TakeTwo - just OWNED by EA.

EA could do anything they wanted. Dump them completely? Sure, if they wanted. But that would be a HORRENDOUS business move, as there ARE wildly successful titles in the T2 library (read: Grand Theft Auto, etc).

So what is MORE LIKELY to happen? EA would likely leave the TakeTwo brand name alone (I don't see the need to RENAME it, but they might make it more obvious it's a subdivision, i.e. EA-TakeTwo), and let the existing talent keep putting out its best work.

As for the work that TakeTwo holds that is a competitive piece for EA? Buhbye. I assmue EA would dump the sports titles altogether, whether they feel the T2 products are better or not. I could be wrong - but usually a company will use its in-house talent before the members of an outside firm (that are coming in). The other option is they pick and choose the titles they like best from each of the sporting games, and re-release them all for next season (if they're all ready) under the EASports name, which has the brand-recognition power over 2KSports (I think).

Anywho... that's just what I was thinking.

EDIT: Also, EA doesn't have a baseball division anymore, most of the 07 devs went to Blue Castle Games (The BIGS) and the producer for the MVP series is with 2K Los Angeles on MLB 2K's series.

Which would mean after the buyout most of the team would be back in the EA fold

Why does everyone assume EA will just ditch 2k's games? The will combine the best parts of each and make a new better game

Yeah but there won't be any competition

Not much competition now, only the NBA really

only one MLB game now

only one NFL game now

sales for NHL are close to nothing for both, and EA's game is rated better

just what really suffers? the NBA? merge the two and you might have a game worth playing

apparently you have never played nba 2k8, confusing it with nba live.

nhl 08' is the only ea game i can say that is leaps and bounds better than its 2k counter part.

No competition = no urgency in making a game better.

Besides, all the EA wants is Rockstar gaming, good they can have them. Dont screw with the 2k games besides the NHL title.

apparently you have never played nba 2k8, confusing it with nba live.

nhl 08' is the only ea game i can say that is leaps and bounds better than its 2k counter part.

No competition = no urgency in making a game better.

Besides, all the EA wants is Rockstar gaming, good they can have them. Dont screw with the 2k games besides the NHL title.

no confusion here buddy, NBA live out sales NBA 2k8. Both are just OK (6.9 VS 7.9, neither great just OK). Joining developers would make a better NBA game

yeah nba live outsold nba 2k8 because nba live is a better known basketball title than nba 2k, but believe me, anyone will tell you the nba live series has taken a major ****, while 2k has progressed leaps and bounds. I used to really like the live series, now its just really bad.

now nhl 08 is an awesome game, 2k8 is pretty horrible in every way.

You cant just go by sales to tell you whats the better game, nba live 08 was just marketed better, and has the name brand appeal thats why it sold more. I would say a 6.9 rating is pretty bad while 7.9, or an average reader review (from ign.com) is 8.5, i would say nba 2k8 is alot better than live 08'.

I wasnt born yesterday.

edit: average review score from review sites, live 7.0, 2k8 8.1....reader review score, live 7.5, 2k8 8.4.

yeah sales tell the story, :roll:

yeah nba live outsold nba 2k8 because nba live is a better known basketball title than nba 2k, but believe me, anyone will tell you the nba live series has taken a major ****, while 2k has progressed leaps and bounds. I used to really like the live series, now its just really bad.

now nhl 08 is an awesome game, 2k8 is pretty horrible in every way.

You cant just go by sales to tell you whats the better game, nba live 08 was just marketed better, and has the name brand appeal thats why it sold more. I would say a 6.9 rating is pretty bad while 7.9, or an average reader review (from ign.com) is 8.5, i would say nba 2k8 is alot better than live 08'.

I wasnt born yesterday.

edit: average review score from review sites, live 7.0, 2k8 8.1....reader review score, live 7.5, 2k8 8.4.

Yet here you are on an EASports fan Site. Crazy. :roll:

Actually, I am here because of MVP, and this is an MVP site, I think. Right?

What difference does it make, I cant state my opinion that happens to what goes against EA? I didn't get the memo.

Its funny how when you use facts to shut people down, someone has to come out and say "this is a blah blah fansite, right", I didnt think this was EA.com or the 2k sports forums because those forums are downright horrible filled with fanboys and newbie gamers.

WHAT

there was only one, ONE James bond game in modern gaming that was not controlled by EA. And it was for the N64

They did not buy and ruin the James Bond series

Why does everyone always say that crap about the James Bond series?

lol - the Bond series has ALWAYS been EA. Just that one Nintendo64 Bond game was made by Nintendo - EVERY OTHER BOND GAME WAS EA.

lol.

What difference does it make, I cant state my opinion that happens to what goes against EA? I didn't get the memo.

Its funny how when you use facts to shut people down, someone has to come out and say "this is a blah blah fansite, right", I didnt think this was EA.com or the 2k sports forums because those forums are downright horrible filled with fanboys and newbie gamers.

This goes for Timay, AND everyone else.

Nobody said you can't state your opinion. But you should probably stop talking down to people (like you have to kraw, Y4L, etc) just because you disagree with them and they disagree with you, and "rolling your eyes" at them b/c you don't like what they say.

Your opinion is your own. You have a right to it. But they have a right to their opinions too. Don't berate them for having one, and act like they are stupid or wrong.

And as for you "using facts to shut people down" all you do is throw out numbers from some gamer site to talk about how good a game is... uh... that's like using the critics or newspaper reviews to decide if a movie is good. No way. You just have to decide for yourself.

Obviously, this site is about MVP baseball. The potential purchase of TakeTwo by EA **could** mean the return of MVP baseball (or another PC baseball product). Clearly, that would be in the interests of the vast majority of the people on this site. That's just how it is. If you hate this (possible) deal, that's fine, but don't bash people for LIKING the (possible) deal.

the nintendo 64 goldeneye is one of the best games ever made.

how come? never understood people when they say Goldeneye was the best game ever? I played it before, nothing special just a regular movie game that is just like the movie.

Sorry if im wrong but someone explain this?

Good! Now I am glad you brought it up because now we can get to the heart of the matter.

Timay, as far as I am concerned you can be against this takeover and whatever you feel like. That's not the issue here man. But if you can get your point across in a less argumentative and confrontational style concerning this topic (or anything else) it would be a lot better for you in the long run. And if you do it that way, people will end up actually trying to listen to your view instead of initially thinking that all you want to do is start a fight. Now if you notice I am not saying you are wrong in what you believe or anything else. Just take a different approach. Be passionate about your views, no big deal. A lot of people are. Take me for example with the Yankees. But at the same time be willing to listen instead of the first gut instinct of wanting to fight back.

how come? never understood people when they say Goldeneye was the best game ever? I played it before, nothing special just a regular movie game that is just like the movie.

Sorry if im wrong but someone explain this?

It was the first (and probably still the best) multiplayer console game that had wide popularity.

Proximity mines RULEZ!!!!1!!

Do you really think EA and 2K either one really care what the game is rated?

The only thing that matters to either one of them is the money.

So yes, sales tell the story.

NBA Live could be rated 0.1 and NBA 2k8 rated 10.0 but if Live outsells 2k8 that's all EA and 2K really care about.

Do you really think EA and 2K either one really care what the game is rated?

The only thing that matters to either one of them is the money.

So yes, sales tell the story.

NBA Live could be rated 0.1 and NBA 2k8 rated 10.0 but if Live outsells 2k8 that's all EA and 2K really care about.

Ohh I know, but I am speaking from a gamer perspective. This site is about gaming, not finance, we all know that a name brand product might suck but probably will sell more because of name recognition.

When people see EA, they automatically think madden, sports gaming. When people look at 2K its like, hmm didnt they make the espn football series, ehh screw it I will go with the EA title instead, I know the nba live/nhl 0x' name. Instead of playing the demos reading the reviews, its just an impulse buy at EB, Best Buy, what have you. Of course at this website most of the mainstreamers are intelligent gamers, play the demos read the site and user reviews before buying a game, we dont just buy a game because it says EA/2K on the box. we buy it because we like it and we are convinced that this game will be a better simulation than the competitor. Of course most of us dont have this luxuary when it comes to football and baseball gaming, we basically have one company to choose from, which isn't right.

Archived