EA Submits Proposal to Purchase Take Two

sfgiantsflgators

I liked this part from Take Two's rejection of EA's bid:

Yeah, they offered you $26.00/share, you are currently trading at $17.36, and you've barely cracked $20.00 in Lord knows how long.

Good luck with all that.

I'm sure in another year, Take2 will have wanted to take that offer. Either way I'm sure EA will buy them out when they collapse, it's only a matter of time now...

• Replies 247
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm sure in another year, Take2 will have wanted to take that offer. Either way I'm sure EA will buy them out when they collapse, it's only a matter of time now...

What has probably happened is those whose jobs are on the line with this buyout when to the stockholders and said "We are just about to hit a payday with GTA. Stick it out through that and you'll make more than the buyout as the company is on the upswing."

I doubt that is going to happen but they WILL see a little bump from GTA.

One of the articles mentioned that Viacom may have offered them a lot less money. If the company is going to be sold, I would think you would want to get the best deal available or most money you can get.

I guess they are waiting for a bid from either Microsoft or Google.

One of the articles mentioned that Viacom may have offered them a lot less money. If the company is going to be sold, I would think you would want to get the best deal available or most money you can get.

I guess they are waiting for a bid from either Microsoft or Google.

Microsoft bids, wins, GtA becomes exclusive to xbox and windows pc gaming. Xbox is leading console wars. :lol:

I just got home from work and am at the end of a busy weekend. As long as I replied to someone in a thread that was active within the last month, I consider it somewhat on target.

So that means its trash Tim time? Awesome. Actually read the thread and what I wrote before you start blasting your mouth off, and I am not a 2k fan boy, but you are a mvp fanboy who cant see past mvp baseball or give another game a chance.

You all are pissed that 2k took the liscence, get over it, its been 3 years now. I find it quite interesting how you mvp fanboys are all flocking to the show. Is that because its not a 2K release? Yup, probably.

I will use whatever phrases I want, fanboy/blinders, because its true. I wasnt going to post in this thread again, but of course an idiot has to post something to **** me off so here we are again.

I really hope 2K8 will be "that baseball game" so that you haters will finally shut the hell up about 2k, even though half of you havent even played any of the 2k games, because your mvp blinders are on too tight.

Sorry Brooklyn and I went against the grains here, but then again some you can't see reality.

Bottom line: EA aquiring Take Two will be the worst thing possible for gaming. Period.

So that means its trash Tim time? Awesome. Actually read the thread and what I wrote before you start blasting your mouth off, and I am not a 2k fan boy, but you are a mvp fanboy who cant see past mvp baseball or give another game a chance.

You all are pissed that 2k took the liscence, get over it, its been 3 years now. I find it quite interesting how you mvp fanboys are all flocking to the show. Is that because its not a 2K release? Yup, probably.

I will use whatever phrases I want, fanboy/blinders, because its true. I wasnt going to post in this thread again, but of course an idiot has to post something to **** me off so here we are again.

I really hope 2K8 will be "that baseball game" so that you haters will finally shut the hell up about 2k, even though half of you havent even played any of the 2k games, because your mvp blinders are on too tight.

Sorry Brooklyn and I went against the grains here, but then again some you can't see reality.

Bottom line: EA aquiring Take Two will be the worst thing possible for gaming. Period.

What about if Microsoft took over Take 2?

I liked this part from Take Two's rejection of EA's bid:

Yeah, they offered you $26.00/share, you are currently trading at $17.36, and you've barely cracked $20.00 in Lord knows how long.

Good luck with all that.

The 52-week high for Take-Two Interactive (TTWO) is $24.80. Get this: The 52-week low? $11.82. They last traded at $17.36 That's a really big swing in just 52-weeks (74.8% of current trading price). This shows Take Two is not a solid horse to bet on, if you're a stock trader that values any kind of stability.

Take-Two Interactive trades in the secondary market on the NASDAQ National Market, meaning they have AT LEAST 400 shareholders of record, have at least 1.1 million publicly owned shares, and the value of ALL of those publicly owned shares must be at least $8 million. (Minimum bid price of their stock can never go lower than $5).

There are over 50,000 securities that trade in the "over-the-counter" market (meaning NOT on the stock exchanges, like the NYSE, etc)... 3,300 or so of the "biggest and best" trade on the NASDAQ National Market.

Electronic Arts also trades on the NNM (as ERTS). Their 52-week high is $61.62. The 52-week low is $43.62. They last traded at $49.74. That's a 36.2% (of current trading price) swing over the last 52 weeks. That means EA is more highly valued as a corporation, and is vastly much more stable.

Take Two also traded 1,670.721 in volume as of the last business day. EA traded 3,630.777. What that means is Take 2 has traded almost 1.7 million shares, while EA has traded over 3.6 million shares.

...yikes.

Sorry, that's my recent Financial Advisor training coming out. I'm studying to take the series 7 right now, and sorry my brain bubbled over there for a second.

What I'm actually just trying to say is, financially, this was a much better offer than Take Two SHOULD have gotten at this point. Fiscally speaking, they are absoulte FOOLS for not taking it. This news, if anything, will frighten their stock holders even further into thinking that company managment is NOT looking out for the stock holders, whatsoever. If I had a customer who held a position in Take Two, at this point I would definately have to reccomend against purchasing any more stock in the company, and if this "miracle" turnaround they're talking about doesn't materialize, then it's time to cut bait and get out and sell. TTWO just doesn't look to be in good shape. THIS IS ONLY MY HALF TRAINED OPINION.

You all are **** that 2k took the liscence, get over it, its been 3 years now. I find it quite interesting how you mvp fanboys are all flocking to the show. Is that because its not a 2K release? Yup, probably.

You really gotta stop calling people idiots. :hand:

if microsoft buys take two that will even be worse. Stick to your guns take two, dont let the true gamers down just so we can have unmoddable PC baseball, if PC baseball gaming at all. I will say MVP 05' is the last frontier in PC baseball gaming.

if microsoft buys take two that will even be worse. Stick to your guns take two, dont let the true gamers down just so we can have unmoddable PC baseball, if PC baseball gaming at all. I will say MVP 05' is the last frontier in PC baseball gaming.

The true "hardcore" gamers are actually the pc gamers. I think you are forgetting about the fps gamers and wow gamers. And from the looks of the 2k8 game play videos, the only differences i can make out are the control schemes and more signature styles. So I doubt that this years 2k baseball game will be the game to shut everyone, including me, up.

The guy in charge of 2k baseball is on record saying they will do a PC version at some point, he even said the modders will keep the game new and they will only release the PC version every other year. He said they were waiting until computers can run the equivalent of the 360 version

Same source just ran through a PC compiler instead of a 360 compiler

No matter what happens I see pc baseball being a letdown. No one wants to put the effort forward with the next gen systems bringing in all the money.

When I worked at Toys R Us, we only sold 1 copy of madden out of the 50 we got in. That shows that more people would rather have a console game then a pc game and that the money, due to interest, is in consoles and not pc.

The true "hardcore" gamers are actually the pc gamers. I think you are forgetting about the fps gamers and wow gamers. And from the looks of the 2k8 game play videos, the only differences i can make out are the control schemes and more signature styles.

I beg to differ, the hardcore gamers are the guys and girls who are the console gamers since nintendo up now through 360 and PS3.

Sorry I dont want to sacrifice games so EA can screw up baseball some more. No thanks.

What is that supposed to mean?

It means your incredibly simplistic plea for Take 2 to "stick to their guns" just because you feel console gamers are "true gamers" means you're hoping Take 2 will flagrantly disregard fiscal responsibility to their shareholders, and violate the trust that investors put in them as the heads of a major corporation to protect the money they invested in the public offering(s) that the company put forth.

He said they were waiting until computers can run the equivalent of the 360 version
Thats as ****** up as Barry Bonds saying he didn't do steroids. A computer can run the equivalence to a 360 depending on what you have inside it.

EDITED by RaptorQuiz for content: Author intentionally avoided profanity filter.

I do not give a **** about fiscal responsibility, I know you are proud of what you learned this week but give me a break. I am sure gamers dont give a damn about fiscal resposibility they just want games made with quality, and without competitors, EA doesnt have to try very hard when making games, case in point madden, which they always get wrong, but I buy because its the only nfl football game thats up to date.

Thats as f***ed up as Barry Bonds saying he didn't do steroids. A computer can run the equivalence to a 360 depending on what you have inside it.

maybe 10% of computer can, most can not. When we reach the point most can then their is money in it. Then you will see a PC version

Archived