EA Submits Proposal to Purchase Take Two

sfgiantsflgators

Say what? Explain. :p

Pro - It would be great to have another Baseball game for the PC and hopefully they'll improve upon MVP 05 as far as gameplay, options and everything else.

Con - What happens if they make the new baseball game for the PC where it can't be modded as easily? My initial guess is that almost anything given enough time is moddable especially if the game follows the MVP 05 file structure but ....

• Replies 247
  • Created
  • Last Reply

does this mean the Lisencing(sp?) for the baseball games gets broken and alot of baseball games can come out?

I believe that if they buy the assets of Take 2 the contract with MLB is included because that is considered an asset. I could be wrong though.

I doubt this affects baseball games (besides bringing them over to PC) because EA's guy, Brinkman, is already at 2K. I'd say a name change and maybe some of the later MVP features would move over, and that's about it.

There's no real NFL competition (All Pro... let's be serious here) for Madden, so that doesn't change. The only two sports games truly affected are NBA and NHL. NHL is OK, because EA's version was better than 2k. However, NBA might be in trouble, because NBA Live wasn't nearly as good as 2k8. Maybe we'll get the best of both worlds, hopefully.

The big wild card is whether or not EA keeps their paws off GTA. I think even EA is smart enough not to mess with something like Grand Theft Auto.

Hopefully, this will revive college baseball, then drafting in a dynasty mode will actually be interesting. 3 college sports games would be very nice.

BrooklynNets, I haven't played NBA LIVE in years. I don't know how good or bad it is. Madden is a game that I don't even play anymore because all I think they do is release roster updates and add one new thing to it and that's that.

GTA and Bioshock I've never played so I can't say how good or bad this will be.

I just want to be able to play PC baseball.

you have never played GTA? I think my heart stopped

and we could be possibly looking at

a crappy **** NBA LIVE series

Madden 09 and beyond(god no)

and possibly no more Grand Theft auto or Bio shock

I could live off of 2k sports baseball games. 2K7 wasnt even bad when you fixed the sliders anyways. All this too give up for a PC baseball game? Yeaa umm no

Yup, because EA will discontinue GTA because they... hate money? Like, piles and piles and piles and piles of money, which GTA guarantees with every release. That'll happen.

I'm hopeful, but there's no guarantee that 1). MVP returns, or 2). MVP returns to PC. Plus, we don't know whether a returning MVP would be compatible with the tools we have.

In a best case scenario, we get an updated MVP '09 where we use all the same tools as now. That would be brilliant.

I'm hopeful, but there's no guarantee that 1). MVP returns, or 2). MVP returns to PC. Plus, we don't know whether a returning MVP would be compatible with the tools we have.

Looking at it that way, one could say that we'd be better off with having things stay the way they are?

Yup, because EA will discontinue GTA because they... hate money? Like, piles and piles and piles and piles of money, which GTA guarantees with every release. That'll happen.

In a best case scenario, we get an updated MVP '09 where we use all the same tools as now. That would be brilliant.

good job reading what i wrote later on after i posted. :wtg:

Archived