EA Submits Proposal to Purchase Take Two

sfgiantsflgators

It is a EA game, it will be modable, unless the MLB does not want it modable

If this sale goes through start buying the latest EA Sports games and start modding them. That will give you a head start for when MVP 09 does come out. A lot has changed since 2005 but it is still doable

NCAA 07 was still structured the same but different tools were needed, I change some crap on the PS2 version

• Replies 247
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You are all forgetting that Take 2 makes the Sid Miers Civilization series, a huge seller and a highly moddable game. (Sid could alway take his Civ 5 game to someone else I suppose, but I don't think EA would be dumb enough to screw that up.) Take 2 also releases Sid Meirs Pirates game, also highly moddable. Oh and I almost forgot, Take 2 owes the rights to the Fallout/Silent Storm game engine. So this could be really great or it could really suck. Only time will tell. Keep your fingers crossed.

theres no guarantee that EA would even make mvp for PC if they continue the game, id personally rather just see 2k continue their series, EA sucks at football and basketball now, im not sure why you guys think baseball would be any better.
Because the game engine from 05 is so solid, you can't do anything erong with it.

My bet is that there would be NO PC baseball, and if there was, it wouldnt be moddable like the madden series and they have been phasing out and fretting against with the need for speed series.

Next gen systems are where its at, to be a competitor at this stage they would have to throw all resources into 360 and ps3 releases, which would be a smart thing if they want to make money.

http://ir.take2games.com/ReleaseDetail.cfm?ReleaseID=295739

For the moment, Take Two is fighting the buyout. I don't know much about the ins and outs of business, but from what I'm reading around the web it seems most people think Take Two's shareholders will push hard for the company to accept the proposal.

Apparently this isn't the first proposal that EA has made either. Take Two is rumored to have turned down an earlier, private proposal and EA decided to go public with this one to put more pressure on Take Two. Some are saying that, even if Take Two turns down this one, EA will try a "hostile takeover," whatever that entails.

Like I said, I don't know much about business practices or law. I'd be happy to read what those that do have knowledge in the subject have to say though.

I think I'm very happy about this but that's my selfishness for wanting a new PC Baseball game. I'm sure there are some games that would not fare well by a takeover, however. Whenever theres a corporate buyout somebody - somewhere gets hurt. It just boggles my mind - the size of these companies today. 2.2 billion????? They're all kind of like the major league baseball "corporation" - the one with the steroids and $500 million plus stadiums with the exploding scoreboards and lights everywhere trying to put us all in a stupor. I guess this is why, at least in MVP, I stick to the classics - aahhh, old-time baseball. When it was a game. <-----So freaking off topic!

EA is a dirty business. Funny how when they take companies over you get comments like "Yes!!!!" but when AT&T does it... it goes to court because they are forming a monopoly.

EA is taking over the entire gaming industry. And that is bad for gaming.

Well, grad students are releasing games as part of their final projects. How many grad students are able to create a comprehensive telecom package and distribute it over existing lines of communication in a heavily regulated industry?

EA is a dirty business. Funny how when they take companies over you get comments like "Yes!!!!" but when AT&T does it... it goes to court because they are forming a monopoly.

EA is taking over the entire gaming industry. And that is bad for gaming.

Nice...I totally agree.

If people would just stop being ea fanboys for 2 seconds and take the blinders off, then they would know that this would be a bad day for gaming, EA would own like half the industry and put out sub par material like they have been.

With almost no competition, EA can coast through and collect the moneybags. I would really stop getting your hopes up on the PC front, EA will not release baseball on the PC and if so it wont be moddable except rosters. They are trying to take over 2k games because of next gen gaming, not so they can put a baseball game back on the computer.

Be real.

If people would just stop being ea fanboys for 2 seconds and take the blinders off, then they would know that this would be a bad day for gaming, EA would own like half the industry and put out sub par material like they have been.

With almost no competition, EA can coast through and collect the moneybags. I would really stop getting your hopes up on the PC front, EA will not release baseball on the PC and if so it wont be moddable except rosters. They are trying to take over 2k games because of next gen gaming, not so they can put an baseball game back on the computer.

Be real.

i just want a baseball game other than 2k's for the 360... im no ea fan boy by any means im just saying 2k's baseball game sucks and everyone knows it.

i just want a baseball game other than 2k's for the 360... im no ea fan boy by any means im just saying 2k's baseball game sucks and everyone knows it.

Thats your OPINION, everyone does not think the same as you. 2k6 was a horrible game (aka 2ks first stab at next gen baseball gaming) next came 2k7 improvements abound and really a pretty good baseball game all and all, and finally comes 2k8 which should be another improvement from its predecessor, with probable higher frame rates and other features once 2k works the bugs out of it.

Archived