EA Submits Proposal to Purchase Take Two

sfgiantsflgators

Thats your OPINION, everyone does not think the same as you. 2k6 was a horrible game (aka 2ks first stab at next gen baseball gaming) next came 2k7 improvements abound and really a pretty good baseball game all and all, and finally comes 2k8 which should be another improvement from its predecessor, with probable higher frame rates and other features once 2k works the bugs out of it.

MLB 2k7's highest rating: 7.8

MVP 2005's highest rating: 8.9

Meanwhile, every stadium has at least one major, major inaccuracy that makes you wonder whether or not the designers even looked at source photos. My main question to you is, if you're so down on EA, why are you still on this site? Perhaps you should go worship mediocrity on some mlb2k8 site, and we'll all be very happy.

• Replies 247
  • Created
  • Last Reply

if EA got baseball back there is no way they would base it off an 05 game, they would absolutly start fresh and i wouldn't have high hopes for it...i'd rather see 2k keep it

they would continue from NCAA 07 engine I would say

Kraw is correct; I spoke to an EA Programmer about 2 weeks ago (I'm not sure if I'm allowed to disclose his name), and he said if they were going to make another baseball game they would do it off of the MVP Engine--he said the main reason college MVP 06 and 07 were created was to keep the engine alive.

The 2k takeover might change things, but I'm pretty sure they realized the popularity of MVP and don't want to start from scratch.

MLB 2k7's highest rating: 7.8

MVP 2005's highest rating: 8.9

Meanwhile, every stadium has at least one major, major inaccuracy that makes you wonder whether or not the designers even looked at source photos. My main question to you is, if you're so down on EA, why are you still on this site? Perhaps you should go worship mediocrity on some mlb2k8 site, and we'll all be very happy.

Hmm...I didnt say mvp was bad at all. Wrigleyville was saying that EVERYONE knows that 2k puts out bad baseball games, when infact this is far from the truth. Take off your ea/mvp blinders and know that this is a horrible deal for gamers.

I am not going anywhere either, as most people are, I am waiting for the release of 08' myself to get another roster update.

Again, another person too ******* stupid to understand that away from this site sentiments are different and this is your goddamn OPINION.

EA cant make a decent sports game in general (except nhl 08', only took 16 years). mlb 2k7 was a decent game, and I expect 2k8 to be alot better.

Didnt Ben Brinkman (the man behind mvp baseball) say it was going to be a 3 year process? Blame EA for your lack of an updated baseball game. If EA hadnt decided to become scumbags and go after the NFL liscence, and give 2k games no choice but to take the mlb liscence, you would have your precious computer baseball game. Then again, 2k made the smart decision and decided not to waste time or effort on PC game, because next gen is much more profitable.

Again, another person too **** stupid to understand that away from this site sentiments are different and this is your goddamn OPINION.

EA cant make a decent sports game in general (except nhl 08', only took 16 years). mlb 2k7 was a decent game, and I expect 2k8 to be alot better.

Didnt Ben Brinkman (the man behind mvp baseball) say it was going to be a 3 year process? Blame EA for your lack of an updated baseball game. If EA hadnt decided to become scumbags and go after the NFL liscence, and give 2k games no choice but to take the mlb liscence, you would have your precious computer baseball game. Then again, 2k made the smart decision and decided not to waste time or effort on PC game, because next gen is much more profitable.

That's false. They do make good sports games, just not all of them.

The Good

MVP Baseball

NCAA Football

The Average

NHL

Madden

The Bad

NBA Live

NCAA Basketball

The sad thing for Brinkman is that a game he helped build almost 4 years ago is STILL better than the next-gen one he is working on now. I bought the first MLB2K for the 360 and it was unplayable. I rented the 2nd one, it was slightly better but still full of bugs and terrible gameplay. This year still has those stupid kangaroo pouches on every players gut that makes them look like cartoon characters.

I'm not saying EA buying 2k is a great thing. I don't even think releasing a new PC game will be that good because they won't take the old MVP platform but rather probably stick with the 2k one they have. It will also probably unmoddable like Madden has mostly been over the years.

timay - you're entitled to your opinion, but so is everyone else. So stop saying "this is your goddamn OPINION" and proceed to state YOUR opinion like it is a fact.

Oh, and stop calling people stupid. And stop cussing. (Not singling you out, just sayin...)

as for this whole discussion... I don't hold out particularly high hopes of EA every successfully purchasing Take2... and even if they did... the chances of them cracking open what would be (at the time) 3 to 5 to 7 year old technology just to try to placate what is essentially a small segment of the gaming market (PC Baseball gamers), the amount of time, effort, and (most importantly) MONEY involved makes it seem like an unlikely proposal.

The popularity of gaming systems like the XBox and PS3 (and even the Wii) are making major game-making companies care less-and-less about the PC industry. Half the freakin' PC games out these days are just ports from the gaming platforms anyway.

I'd LOVE to see a new EA PC-Baseball game. I just don't think it's gonna happen.

2k6 was a HORRIBLE game, I will admit that, unplayable at best.

EAs 2 best games now are the NCAA football series and the NHL series (nhl 08' for xbox 360 is like the best hockey video game ever made)

madden, ncaa basketball, and nba live are pretty bad.

MVP baseball wasnt even that good when it came out, the modders made the game what it is now, which is why I dont understand why so much respect is given to EA in terms of MVP baseball.

So call me a 2k fanboy, call me what you will, but all I want is decent gaming for years to come and EA owning half the industry doesnt help.

MVP baseball wasnt even that good when it came out, the modders made the game what it is now, which is why I dont understand why so much respect is given to EA in terms of MVP baseball.

That's false. I think that is what the differing opinions stem from. MVP Baseball is better than MLB2k for the same reason RBI Baseball is better than both: Gameplay.

The gameplay in MVP Baseball is some of the best I've ever seen. If they simply took MVP Baseball 2005, added new animations (snap throws, catchers throwing back to the pitcher, more slides, more dives, more off-balance throws) I'd buy the game in a heartbeat.

Graphically, MVPMods and EAMods have made the game pretty amazing too look at. Ten times better than it was when it came out of the box. But no modder on here has fundamently changed the gameplay. When someone cracks editing animations, editing rules, stuff that is hardcoded into the game, we wouldn't need a new version.

But gameplay is where it is at and MLB2K's gameplay is so disconnected from actually feeling like you are playing the game, I'd rather play Strato-matic.

even though most people in here wont admit it but its just a bunch of EA fanboys in here

Explain that to me. If we rip on Madden, NBA Live, etc...how does that fit into your 'fanboy' label? Or, are you not willing to have an intelligent debate about why every outfielder in baseball robs 2 HRs a game in MLB2K, or why every player looks to be wearing a practice-pregnancy belly suit underneath their uniform, or maybe you'd like to discuss why there is a massive slowdown between making contact with the ball and the ball actually flying outwards towards the field of play.

But gosh, golly, they've got hotdog vendors walking around and some sweet shots of a generic concession stand to start the game. Oh, and the awkward looking sweat on the players foreheads! Don't forget that!

How come Call of Duty 4 can look breathtakingly realistic but MLB2k can't? And don't say because they are spending time on the gameplay because if they are, they should probably start coming in and working on Saturdays too.

even though most people in here wont admit it but its just a bunch of EA fanboys in here

actually no, don't play the fanboy card

We're MVP fanboys, I don't give a **** about anything other than baseball, that's why I want this to happen. I don't own any versions of the NBA Live, NCAA Football, NCAA Basketball, and NHL series, and the newest version of Madden I own is Madden 2002 for PS2.

I'm beginnning to think you're the fanboy here. Every time a 2K-EA arguement surfaces, you're first in line to post about 2K's greatness.

timay likes to go against the masses, whether he's right or wrong. Fight the good fight, just stop trashing the majority's thinking just because you're the minority in the argument. You tell people to feel free to state their opinions just so you can sh*t on them.

And stop using the phrases "EA fanboys" and "EA/MVP blinders", they were old even the first time it was said.

you realized timay said he didn't care about being called a fanboy and left an hr ago and hasn't said anything. Might as well complain about Brooklyn instead of timay.

I just got home from work and am at the end of a busy weekend. As long as I replied to someone in a thread that was active within the last month, I consider it somewhat on target.

I liked this part from Take Two's rejection of EA's bid:

Mr. Zelnick continued, "In addition to undervaluing key elements of our business, EA's proposal fails to recognize the value we are building through our ongoing turnaround efforts, which will further revitalize Take-Two. While we have made substantial progress already, the turnaround of our business which we initiated in June is not yet complete, and we believe its benefits have not been recognized in either our current stock price or in the value of EA's proposal."

Yeah, they offered you $26.00/share, you are currently trading at $17.36, and you've barely cracked $20.00 in Lord knows how long.

Good luck with all that.

Archived