Mlb 2k9 Screenshots, Info, Etc.

wrigleyville33

• Replies 463
  • Created
  • Last Reply

ESPN MLB 2k9 Diary - Part 2: http://sports.espn.go.com/videogames/news/story?id=3913651

*The writer seems to have an updated build from the Beta:

"Anyway, the Giants start the season 12-8 with the new lineup and on the brand new code I just got from 2K Sports. I have to say, the game is playing even smoother (and smarter) than the previous build of the game. Not only have the frame-rate issues been almost completely ironed out, I just saw a play where there was a grounder to second with a man on first and the base runner actually stopped in his tracks so that the second baseman couldn't simply tag him and throw to first to complete the double play. Just goes to show some of the AI enhancements to the game."

I like this as well:

And the more you play young players like Frandsen in 2K9, the better they get as their progression improvement at the end of the season is tied to playing time. So you can't just sit your young players all season, then watch them get a big ratings boost like years past. Now you need to find ways to work those young players into the game, even if it's as a pinch hitter or a pinch runner.

At the All-Star break, you can play or simulate the Home Run Derby, Futures game, and All-Star game. Lincecum is the only Giant named to the team, so I decide to sim right through and continue on with my season.

Looks interesting. I love the dynamic lighting and some of the animations but I can't believe they aren't going to include online play. Pigheaded devs won't give a straight answer because the truth will turn people off to it. Damn company can't even be upfront about it. I love how they even hire wankers to try and discredit online play on their forums. What's the point if they are going to do it half assed? I am freaking sick of console games getting ported improperly. 2k's Bioshock was a fun game but the mouse lag was freaking horrible and unplayable. God I wish Valve made this game. I should just get a psc3 for 1 game only lol.

Dev Diary 19 Feb (Franchise Mode): http://www.operationsports.com/feature.php?id=832

*The first thing I want to call out is that MLB 2K9’s franchise mode allows for 30 user controlled teams. For users who find it very important that their season mimics what is happening in the real MLB season, we’ve given you all of the tools to make this happen this year

*Another ‘Little Things’ addition is our implementation of MLB.tv inside the MLB.com interface. When this icon is selected, the user is taken to a list of all the games that are taking place on the selected day. Here, you can choose to play ANY game on the schedule, even games for which a user team does not have explicit control over the team.

*Another thing you’ll find inside of it is the MLB Records and Team Records section. Every record in MLB history is archived in this section of MLB.com. These records are ready to be broken and MLB.com will be the first to report if a team or league record falls. For users who want to create their own history, you have the option of wiping the records clean and starting anew. Players/Rookies of the Week/Month are also awarded inside MLB.com; this is a great way to keep track of who is making noise inside your franchise.

OS Video 18 Feb (Tigers v. Indians): http://www.operationsports.com/videoview_game.php?id=547

Quote from Steve about the video:

After playing with the sliders even more, I am confident we will be able to tweak the AI to swing at balls inside and outside the strike zone. I'm seeing more strike 3's "looking" as well as swinging. Here is a video, that shows a little bit of it. After capturing the video, I went ahead and took control of the Indians and mowed down the AI batters, striking out 4 of 6, before calling it a night. Enjoy.

I do hope there will be a save-reader of some sorts for out-of game viewing!! Crossing fingers!

Also, I liked the developer walkthrough video, and the fact the catcher helps call the pitches and places his glove where he wants it to go! Nice added touch. I know this is not the first time this feature was added, but it will be for the PC! Now, I hope it is moddable!!

Maestro,

Anything new to report tonight? I NEED MY FIX!!! I can't wait!! :wacko:

LOL. :D

I know there's a Live Conf. call going on right now. Between the OS boards and 2k boards I'm picking up bits and pieces. I believe someone will write-up a recap here shortly though.

One thing I"ve been able to gather: Possible Demo (360/PS3) due out next week. Tue or Thu. ;)

No word on a PC demo yet.

Conference call? Hmmm..What would that mean for the game? Also, the more I keep reading about this game, the better it is sounding, also one of the articles is saying that they should really polish up the loose ends before the release?! I hope its sweet as it sounds! I personally really liked nba2k9, and I dont even like b-ball

Archived