Mlb 2k9 Screenshots, Info, Etc.

wrigleyville33

it will be possible to mod.

it's a sports game. Why is it that people always put the "hopefully" thing on these sports games? NBA 2K9 is mod-ible so will MLB 2K9.

and we have a decent amount of programs to mod things (NBA 2K9 mod programs)

No there's not. We don't even know the file structure for MLB. Granted it will probably be the same as 2K9, but even that game has nothing but on .iff extractor and inputter that works for faces and unifoms. It can't handle arenas and doesn't work on Vista. We have no roster editor, so adding faces and portratis is impossible until someone in the community develops one. Even then, adding extras may be impossible. We may be able to use Textmod, but tha program is a memory hole it slows everything down and it's just a glossy covering. You have to use it everytime.

When I say I hope we can mod this thing, I mean mod it like MVP 2005.

• Replies 463
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's a shame. I watched the Red Sox @ Yankees video and thought it looked good overall, despite the blatant over-use of their sponsors ads.

Then read that thread.

Still no 40-man rosters. We've been waiting for this since 2004.

No A or AA play at all. If MVP 04 and 05 can manage it, why can't MLB 2K9?

Consistent avoidance of certain questions by the guys working on it. I'm sure we all appreciate the time they took to answer the questions, but the consistantly dodged a lot of questions.

Only US and Asian releases, IIRC.

Lots of other things in the thread.

Also, I thank God that our userbase is of a much higher quality than the 2K forum. Some of the questions and posts were pathetic.

I'll still be playing it and look forward to modding it, but it's definitely not going to be the one epic PC game we've been waiting for for 4 years. Hopefully 2K10 hows improvement.

...and you know it's bad when the game hasn't even been released yet and I'm saying that.

They had AA and A in MLB 2k8. I highly doubt they took it out for 2k9

Riddle me this: Why in that Philles video is the real out of town scoreboard in the game, but blank and the ads in the center of the OOT scoreboard are 2K's version of an out of town scoreboard? They leave the real one blank, not even fake place holder numbers and then implement another additional OOT scoreboard where one doesn't exist. And it's the same texture used inother parks. This stuff blows my mind.

You can this at the 18 second mark.

Riddle me this: Why in that Philles video is the real out of town scoreboard in the game, but blank and the ads in the center of the OOT scoreboard are 2K's version of an out of town scoreboard? They leave the real one blank, not even fake place holder numbers and then implement another additional OOT scoreboard where one doesn't exist. And it's the same texture used inother parks. This stuff blows my mind.

You can this at the 18 second mark.

i gotta say these screens look damn good, and i will give the props off the bat, our stadium modder's have done an excellent job, if you look at national ball park even with the work vc did, it's nice to see they took on the right track and tryed on ( some stadiums) err boston 05 lol with the exception lol

Here ya go Pirate, this is just for you. Have at it man. ;)

Stadium Screenshots: http://www.operationsports.com/forums/2k-s...l-stadiums.html

OK, so reviewing these stadium screen shots, it looks like they got a lot of things right. Colors are way off, but somethings are in that I didn't expect, like the little nook in left field at Chase or the beer bottle at Chase. I am most impressed by Busch and GABP and least impressed by Nationals Park, Metrodome and Fenway. US Cellular is butchered as well.

Look at how the left field wall is! That's supposed to be nine feet or so, not 27 feet! I don't like to float my own boat, but my version for MVP looks better.

1234625536-media.jpeg

This is Oriole Park at Camden Yards allegedly... Big O you got your work cut out for you. I think there may be a velociraptor in that center field jungle.

1234625566-media.jpeg

This is Oriole Park at Camden Yards allegedly... Big O you got your work cut out for you. I think there may be a velociraptor in that center field jungle.

1234625566-media.jpeg

Here's another one:

1234625560-media.jpeg

But they did get one thing sort of right - The buildings are at least represented beyond LF. Considering Fenway looks like it is back in 2005, I'll take that. The warehouse looks worse than it did in MVP 2005 and the foul poles are completely wrong as is the tarp on the third base side. And there are video boards missing.

Man I hope we can mod the wireframe somehow and the video boards...

Look at how the left field wall is!

1234625536-media.jpeg

See here is an image of the real stadium, the wall is the same height to the left of the bullpen as the right:

2879773038_85e9489d37_b.jpg

See the following image of the Nationals Park I created for MVP Baseball 2005... mind you I built that using another stadium as a base... there was no Nationals Park in the game... I got the wall height correct. Why can't professionals.

day.jpg

Get this, the State Farm ad in Wrigley Field was explained away by developers by saying they are a sponsor and we wnated to add it in. ARE YOU KIDDING ME!

I'm not buying this game. I don't care if don't get teh PS3... I am not giving these losers my cash...

well, as i said, i give the credit to the modders here, yall did a bang up job ont he stadiums, no doubt about it, im defintly getitng this game, and if we do have some sort of way of modding stadiums, im defintly throwing my hat in the ring 4shure! if its the same structure, which i think it will be, will be able to atleast do some changing, and if kraw is right on the datafile, from front office, then everything will be able to be modded, which is a good thing, i give them credit for trying, vc has a repp of building things into great things, in 2010, i expect big things from vc with this game, this aint the show, but it still is playable and decent, and im looking forward to see'ing what or cant not be done.

PastaPadre: "MLB 2k9 going overboard with Stadium Advertising"

http://www.pastapadre.com/6322/mlb-2k9-goi...ising#more-6322

OS vid: Pirates @ Rockies (End of Game): http://www.operationsports.com/videoview_game.php?id=547

The advertising is ridiculous. So adding, and messing up stadiums is going to make me purchase 2k9? Heck no. What are they thinking?

Archived