Mlb 2k9 Screenshots, Info, Etc.

wrigleyville33

Brooklyn,

I don't blame you for being sceptical. But visual concepts has done leaps and bounds for 2K. Read the developer diary and some of the beta testers..For $20.00 you can't lose..Plus off-topic, I love the ability to play the Futures game at the All-star break...

• Replies 463
  • Created
  • Last Reply

OS Vid - A's @ Mariners (20 Feb): http://www.operationsports.com/videoview_game.php?id=547

Bottom of 9th heroics by Mariners.

Anyone watch this one? If so, someone explain to me why, with two outs in the bottom of the ninth and Ichiro on second base representing the winning run, the Oakland centerfielder throws the ball into second base instead of throwing it home to try and get the out?

Anyone watch this one? If so, someone explain to me why, with two outs in the bottom of the ninth and Ichiro on second base representing the winning run, the Oakland centerfielder throws the ball into second base instead of throwing it home to try and get the out?

Probably because Ichiro was like 3 steps from home plate. Looked like one of those disgusted "give up" throws to me. Either that or it was user controlled and the guy already knew he was effed.

Now the real question: Did you notice during the "cut scene" the two players doing the same animation at the same time (hands-on-head, lean-back)? :)

First to get the biggest news out of the way they stated that the demo will be out next week. There was no further clarification as to the dates or what the demo entails. So it could be next Tuesday for the 360 and Thursday for the PS3, or they may both end up getting it on Thursday.

...why does everyone live in a world where PC's don't exist?

whew, reading through this thread is making me excited. i love nba 2k9 so hopefully mlb can live up to its basketball cousin.

also, raptorquiz, why do you have an MST baseball sig? i was actually given a partial scholarship to pitch there, but turned it down to pitch for MIT.

I didnt like the end of that A's Mariners game. I can see why the OF threw to 2nd but did he seriously have to look like he was going to throw the ball across a football field when he threw it. Also the players in the dugout kinda looked wierd in the dugout celebrating they just didnt look right and idk why they didn't go celebrate on the field and who ever had the gamewinning hit he looked like he was gonna walk into the stands.

whew, reading through this thread is making me excited. i love nba 2k9 so hopefully mlb can live up to its basketball cousin.

also, raptorquiz, why do you have an MST baseball sig? i was actually given a partial scholarship to pitch there, but turned it down to pitch for MIT.

Wew! You chose the smart school. I love it. You made the right choice, congrats man.

OS Vid: Orioles & Bluejays (21 Feb): http://www.operationsports.com/videoview_game.php?id=547

*Short clip. Steve is trying to get used to his new video software with this clip. He's messing with sliders for future clips to show hit variety that some say they are not seeing.

This vid quality is way better than the last he released. Streaming and after I d/l it.

Orioles & Bluejays (21 Feb): http://www.operationsports.com/videoview_game.php?id=547

*Showing some fielding errors. Cubs fans, note the fielding prowess of Felix Pie.

My buddy got a scholarship to pitch there (he's the one in the sig). I was screwing around w/ Photoshop one night while he was over here and I made that - so I decided I'd just use it for a while.

Archived