Mlb 2k9 Screenshots, Info, Etc.

wrigleyville33

• Replies 463
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Here is a blog from one of the guys over at OS and i was wondering what your guys opinions of it are.

http://www.operationsports.com/Tomba/blog/...nd-this-is-why/

He's one or all of the following:

Blind

Fanboy

Paid by 2K

Recently fired by Sony

He argues that MLB 2K9 is better than the Show because future MLB iterations will be better. What kind of f-ed up logic is that?

Look at the misspellings and capitalization, do you really trust this person to deliver a professional critique? When trying to argue a point, try the basics first, like presenting a clean argument, then back that up with facts.

For the slider gurus. Posted by TJ:

Here are all the sliders in the option menu while in-game. Not sure if any additional ones would show up if you look at this outside of a game but here goes.

User Settings - Batting

Batting Success

Batting Contact

Batting Power

Pitcher Handedness Influence

Inside Edge Batting Zone Influence

Batting Pitch Influence

Batter's Eye Influence

Hit Direction Influence

CPU Settings - Batting

AI Batting Success

AI Batting Contact

AI Batting Power

AI Pitcher Handedness Influence

AI Inside Edge Batting Zone Influence

AI Batting Pitch Influence

AI Bunt Contact

AI Bunt Success

User Settings - Pitching

Pitch Meter Speed

Pitch Speed

Gesture Recognition

Hold Timing Influence

Release Timing Influence

Pitch Rating Influence

Pitch Break Influence

Pitcher Composure Influence

CPU Settings - Pitching

AI Pitch SUccess

AI Pitch Selection Tendency

AI Strike Zone Tendency

AI Pitch Zone Tendency

AI Pitcher Composure Influence

User Settings - Fielding

Fielding Errors

Throw Meter Influence

Fielder Speed

CPU Settings - Fielding

AI Fielding Errors

AI Fielder Speed

User Settings - Running

Base Runner Speed

Pickoff Success

Catcher Throw-Out Success

CPU Settings - Running

AI Hit'n'Run Tendency

AI Sacrafice Bunt Tendency

AI Squeeze Tendency

AI Base Running Aggression

AI Steal Aggression

AI Steal Success

That's it.

PastaPadre Video: Comparing Players - The Show vs. MLB 2k9

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xp2i8oll00c...re=subscription

I think it's obvious the Shows faces look a lot better than 2k9, 2K's faces never look good anyway. I can't believe both these companies have PAID professionals doing the faces and yet the faces that are made here look 10 times better.

I think the character models look better in 2K, The Show makes Ryan Howard and the pitchers look puny. I like The Shows depth of the field, makes it look like a real ballpark.

I from seeing that video, I will say that the Show has better player models and animations.

but the ballpark in the Show looks HUUUUUGE!!! Citizens Bank is supposed to be a band box, not the grand canyon!

As for gameplay, i'm sure The Show is far better than 2k9.

For $20, I already placed an order for the PC version. Even if there are issues (which don't appear to be major) I think there is little risk based on the low price.

It is nice to see there will be a baseball game once again for PC players.

actually no lie the more i have played this demo the more im actually liking it. I m so used to this game being S*** that they have actually improved on many things. IF they honestly fix the fielding controls and fix the player animations so they dont look like freakin robots id buy it but thats if they fix the fielding controls cuz they are so effed up

I just thought about something that was brought up before about the scoreboards being blank.

Could it be that they are playing exhibition games vs. season/franchise games. I don't know, I'm just saying that maybe the scoreboards will be filled with information if it were not an exhibition game.

While watching one of the videos (I think it was one of 2k's new trailers spotlighting the announcers) I was rather annoyed with the batting view in Cleveland and the left field wall scoreboard doing the "MAKE IT LOUD!!!" graphic or whatever during the pitches. It was rather distracting and I would be distracted if I was trying to concentrate on hitting the ball. You can't have that stuff on the board in real life during pitches so it probably shouldn't do that during the game. Just a minor quibble/observation.

IMO, it looks like MLB 09 is just a roster update. I hate the commentators in the show, there annoying and have been saying the same thing like every year. Dont get me wrong its a great game probley better than 2K but, they could've changed some things in the gameplay.

Have you not researched what they did? They changed the fielding, changed the routes outfielders take to balls, they added a million new features... and this is the MLB 2K9 thread anyway.

Archived