Mlb 2k9 Screenshots, Info, Etc.

wrigleyville33

• Replies 463
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I played it, def an improvement from last year. Few thing that bugs me though.

-Fielding is a bit sluggish

-some player movements during cut scenes are a bit blocky.

Other than that, i didn't notice anything wrong with it, looks good, plays good. Not a VAST OMG IT'S STUNNING improvement, but the game is playable something 2K couldn't do last year. Everything like hitting, pitching seems to be balanced. Hopefully the final product can smooth out the aformentioned flaws. The game seems like it could be a hit this year.

the demo didnt impress me much. I liked the fact that i would mess up pitches and it wouldnt go 500 feet but the fielding is terrible id try to charge up my throw before i recieve the ball but the player just stutters and you have to charge up your throw again.The graphics are meh the pictures they had looked way better then what was shown in the demo.The bat sound actually doesnt sound bad it sounds a little different from the sound in the videos. I dont like how you have to Press A to switch fielders it doesnt give me enough time to switch fielder then run after the ball.

I'm not to crazy about it. I played it four times and it doesn't seem right. It's definitely better than 2K8, but that's not saying much, 2K8 was a mess and unplayable. The things I don't like were in it last year and still there.

Swinging animations look off, bad collision data, after a pickoff the 1B throws it back to the pitcher and his whole body goes right through the player, the dugout guys upper bodies goes right through the fence. Most of the time when the fielder throws the ball it looks as if his hand is aiming in a different direction than where the ball goes, I don't know, it looks weird. I don't understand why the players run like that, they just don't look right.

The sound of the ball hitting the bat is horrific and annoying, the cyberfaces are just plain awful again, they should hire some of the guys from here to do them, but at least they updated the portraits.

I'm still going to rent it and possibly buy it, I'm getting sick of playing MVP and since there will be no Citi Field anytime soon, that's my deal breaker.

I think they could have done more, but at least for the time being, the framerate looks smooth, except for foul balls, but NBA 2K9 was like that during free throws and they fixed that with a patch, but not entirely.

All in all, it's an OK game. I could only imagine what MVP would've been like these days.

Someone post that when batting your teammate who is behind you or coming up to bat for some crazy reason start standing in front of you. Blocking you of the plate but U can still take a swing and be 100 percent healthy afterward haha

tsg5kwkt5pcuru0r3tts.jpg

It's the "J-Roll face time" bug. He randomly appears and then does a spot for Pepsi. :lol:

We can laud the positive aspects of the game, but where does that get us on making sure the inaccuracies and deficiencies are corrected?

When MVP 2004 was released five years ago it had some issues, but it also had many features that are lacking in this game. If the ability for take-out slides was available in a game five years ago, then why is it not in this game?

When a player throws to a base, that layer should look at the base he is throwing. Again this was in High Heat back in the early part of this decade, but is absent here.

Collision detection should have been more refined. Some of the collision issues are terrible. A player just stands over home plate while another bats… this is unacceptable for a major company.

As I have pointed out, Wall height is not a nitpicky complaint; it’s a real game play issue. It’s lazy to let this pass.

Missing animation frames when a batter moves to put the bat on his shoulder is another feature that should have not been overlooked.

Then there are issues that many of you are calling nitpicky:

• Clouds moving too fast
  • Ball being too big
  • Too many of the same ads
  • Adding in buildings for the sake of advertisement

Many of these issues seem small and insignificant, but games many years ago had these issues ironed out. For the sake of technological advancement this game should too. I don’t understand why people are giving this game and company a free pass to produce a game that is inferior to its counterparts of today and yesteryear.

If these issues are not voiced, 2K will have no reason to fix them and produce a more complete videogame experience. Seeing as they hold exclusive multi-platform rights to Major league Baseball, we can only hope they take our concerns and act on them. Avoiding the inaccuracies and deficiencies will only get the consumer another poor game for your $60 or even the $20 PC price-point. In this economy, I want a quality product for that kind of money. MLB 2K9 is not that product.

Archived