Mlb 2k9 Screenshots, Info, Etc.

wrigleyville33

thats because they released a patch like 3 months after the release of the game to fix the slowdowns.

No, it's not - I haven't bothered downloading any of the patches for it as it works fine as it is, and I've heard stories about the patch causing problems.

Try again. ;)

• Replies 463
  • Created
  • Last Reply

All of the pressbox photos are the 2008 pictures.

hopefully that's something that can easily be modded.

I have to say that I'm a little dissapointed about their answers. You'd think that they would strive to make the best game possible, but from what I've heard it really lacks in certain areas. It all hinges on the question if we can mod the hell out of it or not.

It's a shame. I watched the Red Sox @ Yankees video and thought it looked good overall, despite the blatant over-use of their sponsors ads.

Then read that thread.

Still no 40-man rosters. We've been waiting for this since 2004.

No A or AA play at all. If MVP 04 and 05 can manage it, why can't MLB 2K9?

Consistent avoidance of certain questions by the guys working on it. I'm sure we all appreciate the time they took to answer the questions, but the consistantly dodged a lot of questions.

Only US and Asian releases, IIRC.

Lots of other things in the thread.

Also, I thank God that our userbase is of a much higher quality than the 2K forum. Some of the questions and posts were pathetic.

I'll still be playing it and look forward to modding it, but it's definitely not going to be the one epic PC game we've been waiting for for 4 years. Hopefully 2K10 hows improvement.

...and you know it's bad when the game hasn't even been released yet and I'm saying that.

I am pretty disappointed in the video. Graphics look like crap. Aramis Ramirez looks horrible in that first Cards/Cubs video. Wrigley is awful, and that State Farm thing in center... :rolleyes:

You're watching crappy captures of the game, compressed to a video form made to be quickly playable over the internet.

The graphics you see in these videos are not representative AT ALL of what you would see playing the game on your HD monitor.

The screen-caps are far more representative of what the game will look like, graphically.

The vids are just to give you an idea of the motion/animation/game-play.

I like that Nats vs Royals vid the best of the ones I've seen. Particularly because we got see some patient hitting. A couple of notes though:

- the kicking up dust animation really sucks. It looks like there's dry sand being kicked up instead of dirt.

- Is it me or do the outfielders move really slow when they run to make a catch?

- I love the catcher animation. You can even see the glove moving with the direction of the pitch.

- Once again, great commentary.

I like that Nats vs Royals vid the best of the ones I've seen. Particularly because we got see some patient hitting. A couple of notes though:

- the kicking up dust animation really sucks. It looks like there's dry sand being kicked up instead of dirt.

- Is it me or do the outfielders move really slow when they run to make a catch?

- I love the catcher animation. You can even see the glove moving with the direction of the pitch.

I really liked this vid as well. Agree on all your points. Good thing there are a ton of sliders to play with. Also, the Devs stated this was an un-optimized build we are looking at as well. I love seeing the catcher setup as well. I like the movement on the pitches. There's a pitch speed slider I saw in one of the OS screenshots too.

About the dirt. I hear last year it was worse. Think, Pigpen from The Peanuts. :D

*IGN 360 Vids: http://media.xbox360.ign.com/media/142/14299423/vids_1.html

Not bad, the dust is annoying, but what are we going to do, mod it out? I wish catchers would toss their masks when they go to catch a popup.

Not bad, the dust is annoying, but what are we going to do, mod it out? I wish catchers would toss their masks when they go to catch a popup.

yeah, that'd be cool. I know we can't mod out the dust, and it's just a minor gripe. However, I expected it to be little better considering it's supposed to be next gen.

from all the videos this game looks decent, can only cross fingers that this can be modded in the same magnitude as mvp, but is 2K planning on releasing a pc versions anually now? If modding is possible hopefully the same strategies for modding can be used year after year. 2k really needs to acknowledge the modding community and aid us with developer tools as mentioned before.

from all the videos this game looks decent, can only cross fingers that this can be modded in the same magnitude as mvp, but is 2K planning on releasing a pc versions anually now? If modding is possible hopefully the same strategies for modding can be used year after year. 2k really needs to acknowledge the modding community and aid us with developer tools as mentioned before.

it will be possible to mod.

it's a sports game. Why is it that people always put the "hopefully" thing on these sports games? NBA 2K9 is mod-ible so will MLB 2K9.

and we have a decent amount of programs to mod things (NBA 2K9 mod programs)

Fantastic, I've watched about 1 minute of total footage, and they've butchered 2 names: Gallardo and Schumaker. How many more will there be? Thankfully, we've got a couple of good audio guys.

You never played MLB Power Pros for the Wii, did you? The names in that game sounded like someone who had no experience speaking any known human language reading a list of names written in crayon.

Archived