Mlb 2k9 Screenshots, Info, Etc.

wrigleyville33

I have a PS3 and I bought 2k7 for PS3, then returned it and later bought 07 the Show. Then in 2008, I bought 2k8, and I never play it.

There is no way in hell I am buying 2k baseball this year. 2k9 to me is like the Republican party in 2008, not happening after W.

• Replies 463
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How much are PS3s in America? I'm trying to work out whether it will be cheaper for me to get it here or when i come over in April.

80GB = $399

160GB = $499

If the rumors are true, then in April it'll be...

80GB = $299

160GB = $399

Also by waiting to come to the states, you wouldn't have to pay outrageous shipping charges to the UK.

2k always had weird movement mechanics, but these screenshots are a huge leap over last year. It also looks, judging by the Lincecum picture, that the pitching mechanics are improved. Beckett looks a lot like Jesus from Family Guy, but partially because he's not nearly as fat in that picture as he is in real life.

2k8 was about halfway there to being a decent game. The gameplay, with the exception of the framerate, was largely improved over the year before. The graphics were a heavy downgrade, but if they were back to 2k7 levels, it'd be much better (We all forget that those were some pretty quality graphics). The roster editing was a pain, but that was easily fixable. This is all on top of the fact that Visual Concepts, the team behind the exceptional NBA games, is behind this game. Whether or not that translates to baseball will be seen.

Count me in as someone who is going to buy a PS3 for the Show (and Blu-Ray). However, 2k9 should be a pretty decent game. Not the Show or MVP good, but a pretty fun game.

2k always had weird movement mechanics, but these screenshots are a huge leap over last year. It also looks, judging by the Lincecum picture, that the pitching mechanics are improved. Beckett looks a lot like Jesus from Family Guy, but partially because he's not nearly as fat in that picture as he is in real life.

2k8 was about halfway there to being a decent game. The gameplay, with the exception of the framerate, was largely improved over the year before. The graphics were a heavy downgrade, but if they were back to 2k7 levels, it'd be much better (We all forget that those were some pretty quality graphics). The roster editing was a pain, but that was easily fixable. This is all on top of the fact that Visual Concepts, the team behind the exceptional NBA games, is behind this game. Whether or not that translates to baseball will be seen.

Count me in as someone who is going to buy a PS3 for the Show (and Blu-Ray). However, 2k9 should be a pretty decent game. Not the Show or MVP good, but a pretty fun game.

Just remember to purchase MLB 09: The Show first.

GAMESPY: Like last year, 2K Sports is boasting a framerate of 60 frames per second for its lead baseball sim. Also like last year, MLB 2K9 didn’t back up that promise — at least in the demo we saw. As the camera panned across the field before the first game started the view was rather choppy, the playing field lacked the texture we would expect from a new baseball title, and facial renderings weren’t extremely accurate.

I honestly lmao at that. This game is going to be another slate of garbage just like last year. I encourage people NOT to buy it. The less successful this game does in sales, the better. I've bought 2k7 and 2k8. I played both for a month and a half, then shelved it for dust. Seriously, I don't care if it's the only baseball game for 360, don't waste the money and don't buy it!

i dont know, mlb could end the license early if they wanted to, but that would probably result in a buyout of somesort.

I remember reading somewhere that MLB insisted on quality since EA's efforts were so well received. It's probably just a pipe dream, but if the game gets lousy reviews and the sales dissapoint, then maybe MLB feels obliged to revoke 2K's license and will let other parties bid. That still doesn't mean that EA would make another baseball game for the PC since they also stopped making NBA Live and I believe Madden for that platform. Anyway, let's hope something good comes out of 2K's crappiness.

Considering MLB would call MLB.TV a quality product, I don't imagine their expectations for "quality" to be too demanding.

I'd call having your arms ripped out of the sockets after having them nailed to a piece of wood and suspended in air a 'shoulder problem'.

I laughed out loud at work when reading this, as well as Sean's comment. :lol:

Archived