Mlb 2k9 Screenshots, Info, Etc.

wrigleyville33

• Replies 463
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Gameplay looks to be pretty good. There are a few things I've noticed though

- Batters are very aggresive at the plate. Not sure if these are user vs cpu video's, otherwise there should be a slider for that.

- Almost everybody has a cannon for an arm. Another thing that hopefully can be fixed with a slider.

- The soundeffects are a little too prominent.

- I really like the commentary so far. Very fluid.

- I also like that the strikezone for Pujols is smaller than it is for Ludwick. It seems that it may be because of Albert's stance, but it would be cool if his plate discipline rating has an effect on that as well.

btw ... there should be a Q&A with some of the game's producers later today. Check the 2K forums to see what's happening on that front.

Seriously Sean, 2K needs to hire guys like Pirate, rolie, you and me to get these stadiums right... :p

The fact that they are using a 2005 version of Fenway and a bad one at that for 2009 is unacceptable...

I really find it hard to believe that game play will be right if they gloss over easy stuff, like player portraits, faces and major stadium issues. All the stadiums previewed look washed out. They need serious work. i hope a 3D editor comes around. My plans will be to play the Show (as long as I get it for the B-day) and mod 2K9, but if the game isn't any good, why should we mod it?

I just hope AMD users can run the framerate perfectly fine this time.

I'm using an Dual Core Athlon 4200+ overclocked to 2.75Ghz and it handles NBA 2K9 with no issues at all.

The Mariners and Yankees video looked decent, although it looked like the numbers were slightly too large on Sabathia's jersey, and as mentioned previously, the CPU seemed quite aggressive. Hard to gather a lot of gameplay info from a 2 minute video, but I hope we see a demo soon.

all the video's look ok to me, they trying to make strides, in the right direction, if it is moddable, i think it will be better than what it already seems to be, but im a gamer that likes gameplay and graphics second, ive been looking at the lil things in these vids, and they seem to have captured the lil things in baseball, for example when throwing past the cut off man, i noticed he took a knee, to avoid the head shot, also i like how after a out they throw around the sandbox, ive always liek that touch, may seem boring to some, but all the lil touche's are nice, over all i think alot of that stuff cant be tweaked with sliders and sound customization, its the same set up and nba2k9, yesterday i seen a hell of alot of settings that they loaded up over at 2k so things will be able to tuned to are leisure.

I think this game can be summed up as "solid" but not "spectacular".

The graphics are pretty good, but the faces aren't great and the stadiums are inaccurate.

The gameplay looks smooth, but the signature animations look slightly rushed compared to past years.

The commentary is good, but nothing extremely interesting. Certainly miles ahead of Joe Morgan and Jon Miller.

I do like the player models, and I think this game will look great on an HD TV. It may exceed expectations though, and if it's moddable, most of the issues (stadiums, faces, portraits) can probably be fixed. As of right now, I can't see myself spending $60 on it (although I could see myself renting it from Blockbuster, keeping it a month, then taking it back) but i could definitely see myself buying it on PC, just for the potential.

the menus are exactly the same and there nothing wrong with that. I have a bigger problem with that damn organ music they have every ****ing year.

The organ music can be taken out in the custom music section. At least you could in previous years, I'm not sure about 2k9.

A couple things...

I love the the accurate backstops in the stadiums, that is really a plus.

I hate the fielding camera, makes it look like an arcade game. -same for the strike/ball graphic after the pitch

I love the ability to change your camera settings

Wrigley sucks, idk, they left seats out along the lines, looks very awkward. The batter's eye is horrendous, as is that state farm center building in dead center, wtf is that? There is no knot hole again this year... I do like how they tried to add depth to the ivy

The bad sounds are horrible, smaack

I will be buying for pc, I hope we can mod the hell out of this thing. An unmodded version will run out of gas in a month for a lot of people (to John Luke and Ronnie).

Figured you'd like that one RQ. <_<

...although I don't like how the commentators ignore the error by Soriano and fail to recognize that Pujols did NOT advance Ludwick to 3rd, because he was thrown out at home plate.

Hmmm. The commentary is very smooth and T.V.-esque, but it seems to be missing some calls pretty bad, and these are the demos they are releasing for people to see. :)

...and the announcers seem to keep saying the runner is trying to advance to 2nd, when they are just rounding 1st... bleah.

A couple things...

I love the the accurate backstops in the stadiums, that is really a plus.

I hate the fielding camera, makes it look like an arcade game. -same for the strike/ball graphic after the pitch

I love the ability to change your camera settings

Wrigley sucks, idk, they left seats out along the lines, looks very awkward. The batter's eye is horrendous, as is that state farm center building in dead center, wtf is that? There is no knot hole again this year... I do like how they tried to add depth to the ivy

The bad sounds are horrible, smaack

I will be buying for pc, I hope we can mod the hell out of this thing. An unmodded version will run out of gas in a month for a lot of people (to John Luke and Ronnie).

Um...no

Overall, the Cubs vs. Cards video is the best. I really like the stadium, it looks great, as does the city in the background. But I have to ask... Why are there palm trees in Busch Stadium?

...because the Coca-Cola Party Deck (to the left of the batters eye/ad-sign, currently black) has fake palm trees on it. Blow up this pic and you can see 'em. :)

Busch%20Stadium.JPG

Archived