Mlb 2k9 Screenshots, Info, Etc.

wrigleyville33

• Replies 463
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't see how people on here can say Mlb 2k's graphics have always been bad and cartoon-like, and yet they are in love with with MVP which had poor graphics.

I don't believe anyone has said that. No one can deny that 2K is a step up in graphic.

I don't see how people on here can say Mlb 2k's graphics have always been bad and cartoon-like, and yet they are in love with with MVP which had poor graphics.

There's nothing wrong with the graphics from Mvp baseball. Maybe you need a new video card. Go check out Rolie's Dodger Stadium or Pirate's Nationals Park. Or check out ANY stadium done by paulw.

I like how VC has put their stamp on the menus. They look exactly like the ones from NBA 2k9. Although they're tough to get used to, they're definitely very accessible.

Yeah, I noticed that too. Just clicked through the screens and we don't see many actual gameplay pics, but more of a guide through all of the different options. It's seems like you can really customize this game to get it really like you want. I especially like all of the create/edit player options (I assume those options aren't just exclusive to create a player) and that you can adjust the camera's. Graphically it's not entirely perfect, but if this game is as easy to fiddle with like those screens have me believe, and we can find a way to mod some of the graphics, we could be in for a big treat.

Looks like a clone of NBA 2K9.

But...dude, they have a "butt size" in the player customisation screen. Butt size? Really? Who's programming this thing?

If it has a "Game Track" feature similar to NBA 2K9, this will be very nice - for those who haven't played NBA 2K9 yet, that feature allows you to see every scoring play that player made in the game and sorts them by time, quarter and type of score - dunk, lay-up, free throw etc. It would be nice to have that in a baseball game. It's in the menu.

The grass texture is very nice, though.

Does this look much better than MVP? To me it isn't that big of an improvement. It's definitely better. I just expected a bigger jump.

...it isn't lightyears beyond at a surface level...

...but I'm hoping the amount of animations and little things (twitching fingers, etc, ...blowing uniforms again?) will blow MVP out of the water.

But...dude, they have a "butt size" in the player customisation screen. Butt size? Really? Who's programming this thing?

They've always had "butt size". It's quite hilarious at how well it does justice to Jason Jennings, the JLo of baseball.

I don't think the fields look anymore detailed, but you can definitely see the thickness of the grass, and how it's grown up from the dirt, not just flat. I think there's a definite improvement over MVP with player models and jerseys. 2k probably has the best player models, better than The Show, in my opinion.

Is it just me, or are the Fenway stands in center ridiculously steep?

And I'm pretty sure the CF aisles aren't 15' wide.

...maybe it's an upcoming change... so that... people using personal hovercraft can...

...um...

...why can't any sports company ever get these kinds of things right, out of the box?!

Pirate? Why has thou foresaken us??? ;)

There are tons of problems with my parks, but 15' wide aisles are not among them. Either they ran out of polys without destroying the frame rate, or somebody just got lazy.

The rake is completely off, they have 3 sections tarped off, the tarp is black, the scoreboard doesn't extend even close to where it does here, there are ads in center by the monster, no hancock-ish site, volvo signs above monster is way too small, fenway green color is wrong, no covidien sign, no real shading in bleachers, slats aren't transparent, font on dimension markers is wrong, mesh seems messed up on triangle wall...

But that's just a quick glance.

Archived