Mlb 2k9 Screenshots, Info, Etc.

wrigleyville33

• Replies 463
  • Created
  • Last Reply

OS starting to put videos up from their Beta copy. Not sure if it's 360 or PS3, but we can at least start getting some ideas about the game. First up:

Cards vs. Cubs Intro: http://www.operationsports.com/videoview_game.php?id=547

the first guys voice sounds like hes flexing while announcing the teams. I was hoping they would show highlites of both teams like they did with nBA

the first guys voice sounds like hes flexing while announcing the teams. I was hoping they would show highlites of both teams like they did with nBA

they did, you probaly just missed it, anyway, i think it looks very good, looking forward to, i like the new additions, police siren's in the back ground @ wrigley, btw wrigley looked beautiful from what i can tell, players models still need some work, but all in all, looks well done, and smooth to play.

I don't see how people on here can say Mlb 2k's graphics have always been bad and cartoon-like, and yet they are in love with with MVP which had poor graphics.

You also have to take into account that the modders made major improvements to the game. The stadiums and faces by far, are 200% better than the original MVP released in 2005. I would put our modders work up against any game coming out. Its just that much better.

Now I like what I am seeing with the newest pc game, but it still lacks. I would love to give Spunge, Redsox, HiHeat or and uni modder the opportunity to have a crack at those unis. I think alot of potential is there for this game to blow away the competition. But it will take alot of work by our guys to do it. Thats if the files a moddable....we'll just have to wait and see.

But all in all, I like the presentation and commentary...looks like its gonna be a great title for years to come, if they dont pull an EA, and never improve.

You also have to take into account that the modders made major improvements to the game. The stadiums and faces by far, are 200% better than the original MVP released in 2005. I would put our modders work up against any game coming out. Its just that much better.

Now I like what I am seeing with the newest pc game, but it still lacks. I would love to give Spunge, Redsox, HiHeat or and uni modder the opportunity to have a crack at those unis. I think alot of potential is there for this game to blow away the competition. But it will take alot of work by our guys to do it. Thats if the files a moddable....we'll just have to wait and see.

The game looks pretty good. It's a little disappointing graphically. I think models just aren't where I expected the to be. My biggest issues are:

1. When the batter is doing his warmup swing in the box the bat just leaps up to his shoulder. It's not a smooth animation.

2. The uniforms are horrendous. (KC? please assist us if possible)

3. The faces are junk. I usually don't use such harsh words, but they are beyond bad.

The game looks pretty good. It's a little disappointing graphically. I think models just aren't where I expected the to be. My biggest issues are:

1. When the batter is doing his warmup swing in the box the bat just leaps up to his shoulder. It's not a smooth animation.

2. The uniforms are horrendous. (KC? please assist us if possible)

3. The faces are junk. I usually don't use such harsh words, but they are beyond bad.

you're right. Some of the faces are pretty good, but some of them are awful. That's probably the easiest thing to fix though, especially if we can get a headshape editor.

Overall, I liked the video -- good animations and I thought it looked better than some of the screens that came out earlier.

looks like true stat tracking, one of the best features from nba2k9, has now been transfered to mlb, nice option there. this game is going to be moddable, just like nba2k9 is, im sure since it's base looks to be from nba2k9, if there .iff set is the same format, then you can say that stadiums, jerseys, shoes, and misc... stuff will be able to be modded for mlb2k9, ( thats if there form is .iff set ) , i also here 3DM is close to being completed, so it's just a matter of time.

OS starting to put videos up from their Beta copy. Not sure if it's 360 or PS3, but we can at least start getting some ideas about the game. First up:

*Update: Top & Bottom of 1st inning posted.

I'm not as disappointed as I thought I'd be! If we can somehow get a wiimote to control it for PC, I'd be thrilled, because those pitching motions would be great.

I'm somewhat concerned because I can't recall if 2k9 has a RTTS-type career mode, and The Show completely broke pitching this year. Luckily I still have The Show '08 and MVP, because I'm leery about both.

looks like true stat tracking, one of the best features from nba2k9, has now been transfered to mlb, nice option there. this game is going to be moddable, just like nba2k9 is, im sure since it's base looks to be from nba2k9, if there .iff set is the same format, then you can say that stadiums, jerseys, shoes, and misc... stuff will be able to be modded for mlb2k9, ( thats if there form is .iff set ) , i also here 3DM is close to being completed, so it's just a matter of time.

The .iff extractor they have for NBA 2K9 can't handle arenas, I wonder if it will handle stadiums. Do you have a link to the 3DM info?

The .iff extractor they have for NBA 2K9 can't handle arenas, I wonder if it will handle stadiums. Do you have a link to the 3DM info?

hey bro, i was able to dig this site up for some info, and also this guys from 3dm says this here below......

http://www.gamingaccess.com/VideoGames/NBA2K9/news/16802

and also here

http://forums.nba-live.com/viewtopic.php?f=94&t=63213

as for the stadiums, the floors of the court are moddable in .iff and dorno's defintly! when i get the game, i plan on opening the files with that iffset just to see, your probaly right though my bro, would be our luck it cant, but hopefully 3dm, will solve the probs. ( hopefully ) lol

Problems with Fenway:

- No coke deck in LF

- Truss for roof is incorrect

- Seating bowl rake is too great

- No Citgo placeholder sign on Monster by sec. 33

- Monster seats way too shallow, people look like munchkins

- Signs too small over monster

- Coke bottles are now gone

- No luxury box seating

- Scoreboard is all types of wrong

- Monster Dog stand behind light truss weirdly shaped

- No monster signage

- No monster walkway over sec. 33

- Pavilion level simply not even built

- RF roof area unchanged

- Prudential building is just.... no. It's not even close. EA did a better job in '05.

- The Hancock building is shiny. This looks beaten to hell.

- No Gotham building at all.

- Concourse area completely wrong; almost none of it is transparent.

- I simply can't get over how badly they f'd up the seating bowl. It took me about 8 hours to model the seating bowl of Fenway, and mine had a lot of errors. It looked 1000x better than this.

- Why are the people in the blue grandstand seats levitating? Why is there an awkward 15' gap where there's just a light grandstand seating texture, ala '05?

- About 4x as many portals down the RF line in the game as in real life.

- RF corner walls incorrect height. No taper whatsoever. They didn't figure out how the corner bent, which is only possible by modeling Fenway's 1934 design and working forwards.

- There are awkward walls in state street pavilion area.

- Gap between bleachers and Sec. 1 about 2x real life.

- Bleacher sign supports are not visible in real life.

- Rolie's grass looks better in MVP.

- Monster seats go too far to CF.

I'm obviously picking nits here, but c'mon. 2k, release a dev tool so we can fix these problems. I understand that you're under deadlines, but we're not. Let us fix what you didn't get around to, and you're welcome to use our work in 2k10. We got a deal here?

Problems with Fenway:

- No coke deck in LF

- No luxury box seating

- No monster signage

- RF roof area unchanged

- Prudential building is just.... no. It's not even close. EA did a better job in '05.

- I simply can't get over how badly they f'd up the seating bowl. It took me about 8 hours to model the seating bowl of Fenway, and mine had a lot of errors. It looked 1000x better than this.

- Why are the people in the blue grandstand seats levitating? Why is there an awkward 15' gap where there's just a light grandstand seating texture, ala '05?

- RF corner walls incorrect height. No taper whatsoever. They didn't figure out how the corner bent, which is only possible by modeling Fenway's 1934 design and working forwards.

I'm obviously picking nits here, but c'mon. 2k, release a dev tool so we can fix these problems. I understand that you're under deadlines, but we're not. Let us fix what you didn't get around to, and you're welcome to use our work in 2k10. We got a deal here?

lmao i agree 100% sean

*Update: Top & Bottom of 1st inning posted.

1. I dont know what the deal is with the players arms and hands but it makes them look umm... weird.

2. If you noticed on the steal attempt how large the baserunners lead was, and the hugh amount he got thrown out by, just doesnt add up. But I am sure they will have a slider for that.

New Franchise Screenshots : http://www.operationsports.com/mediaview.php?id=547

Franchise looks deep.

we will seriously need to edit the player ratings -- Brandon Inge 39 homers? Garrett Atkins and Chris Duncan among NL's best fielders? I'm also dissapointed to see that the draft won't be in June but at the end of the season. Why do games insist on this.

These screens don't reveal too much though, so hopefully someone will go a little more in depth about the franchise mode and touch on issues like 40-man rosters, contract negotiations, trades, ticket prices, etc.

2. If you noticed on the steal attempt how large the baserunners lead was, and the hugh amount he got thrown out by, just doesnt add up. But I am sure they will have a slider for that.

I like how you guys analyze these videos. Most of these people just look at how the graphics are. Not you guys in here! Gameplay and realism is the benchmark of a true baseball game, not just how good someone's cyberface looks. :)

----------------

Listening to: "Even Angels Cry" by Doro

via FoxyTunes

Problems with Fenway:

- No coke deck in LF

- No luxury box seating

- No monster signage

- RF roof area unchanged

Seriously Sean, 2K needs to hire guys like Pirate, rolie, you and me to get these stadiums right... :p

The fact that they are using a 2005 version of Fenway and a bad one at that for 2009 is unacceptable...

Archived