Mlb 2K12 Pc Version In Stores?

keithj

Howdy Keithj. Don't bother with Best Buy, they do not stock the PC version. Ordered the PC-CD from Amazon yesterday and it will arrive Saturday. You can also take SeaTrane's advice and download it from there. If there is a next year to this product, I'm gonna pre-order like some of the players here. Still, Saturday is not too bad!

Called around to a number of stores and the verdict is.........they are only doing pre-orders for the PC version of the game. the Corporates feel that if there is no interest to pre-order, then, there is no reason to send copies to the stores. Most stores (Gamestop for one) are not even sending a single copy to their outlets! I downloaded the game for $26.99 from Amazon. By the way, the classic controls don't seem towork properly at the outset.

Weird re: classic controls. They are working fine for me, although I had to do some re-mapping to make everything the way I wanted it (ironically, most of the changes I make end up mapping the buttons to the way MVP 05 played out of the box, heh). Let me know what problems you are having, maybe I can help.

Best Buy is getting away from stocking most PC games, a salesman told me, you have to order it online. I used to go there and physically purchase it for the last 3 years, looks like that will be a thing of the past. I guess there's no choice but to order it digitally although DD's always are the last versions to get patches.

Its the exact same game, you get the game files sent to your computer instead of a getting it on a disc. You install it by clicking the exe. file instad of sticking the disc in yor computer, this has no effect on when you get your patches. I believe patches come through your internet connection but I am not sure.

Its the exact same game, you get the game files sent to your computer instead of a getting it on a disc. You install it by clicking the exe. file instad of sticking the disc in yor computer, this has no effect on when you get your patches. I believe patches come through your internet connection but I am not sure.

I understand that, but what I'm saying is the DD version of the game is always the last to receive patches. It happened before when I purchased NBA2K10 via DD

Not sure if MLB 2k12 will be same but my Amazon version of NBA 2k12 installed the DVD version of the patch (which you could download from 2ks website) without any problems. I was hesitant to go digital download as well, but I'm glad I picked up the nba/mlb deal from amazon so far.

• 2 weeks later...

I ordered the MLB 2K12 DVD from BestBuy.com on March 6th after I found out no copies would be sold in the store. It was 2 weeks backordered by BestBuy.com. I stuck out the wait because I had a $10 rewards giftcard that would soon expire and I refused to let BestBuy beat me on this order. After 3 weeks wait, today, I finally got my copy via USPS from BestBuy.com for $21. What a pain...sad for we PC owners. The world of downloading is upon us for our games whether we like it or not....while they are still making them for the PCs which in our future is in jeopardy too!

I can't download it from Amazon because I'm in Canada....I can't seem to find a way to get this game. : ( Any ideas (legal that is)?????

One of the Amazon.com vendors that sells 2K12 ships the game internationally. I ordered it thru them and I'm in Canada as well. Edited by bangus

I can't download it from Amazon because I'm in Canada....I can't seem to find a way to get this game. : ( Any ideas (legal that is)?????

See Bangus answer. I don't know if Amazon USA restricts shipping to Canada, I don't see why they would. Here is the list at Amazon of sellers of the DVD. And there IS one that ships international. So you are all set.

http://www.amazon.co...8&condition=new

Edited by Crites

I was able to order it via Amazon.ca - amazon.com wouldn't work : ) I was hoping to download it but that's OK, I'll wait for it to arrive next week. : ) Thanks for your help.

Sounds good. As long as you were able to order it, that's all that counts. Let us know how you like it and if you have any questions feel free to ask on here. Lots of knowledgeable guys that can help you out. It seems like we are discovering new things every day about this game. :)