MLB Street : MVP Baseball 2005

MrSlamm3r

Don't mean to bump, but...

Couldn't I take a jersey template from Madden or NHL and try and make a football/hockey style jersey for the players?

I'd do the tanks if I could, but the exposed skin on those creates a problem.

for the tank-tops, why don't you make it look like there is an under-shirt of some kind under it.

Why doesn't someone give a few of these a test-run?

• Replies 350
  • Created
  • Last Reply

for the tank-tops, why don't you make it look like there is an under-shirt of some kind under it.

Why doesn't someone give a few of these a test-run?

I'll test those this weekend. Good call on the shirt under tanks, that may be a good solution. Any idea's and what we could do for shorts?

I tried to get my tshirt and jeans in the game last night, but it was late and I screwed it up. I'll actually do a clean install and try it again Saturday (busy between now and then).

I'll test those this weekend. Good call on the shirt under tanks, that may be a good solution. Any idea's and what we could do for shorts?

I tried to get my tshirt and jeans in the game last night, but it was late and I screwed it up. I'll actually do a clean install and try it again Saturday (busy between now and then).

About the shorts, they could wear longjohns. Thats really "street" lol

Changed the title of the thread, since you guys seem to be serious at making a run at this...Good Luck! I have been working on the loading screens, will post picks on the weekend.

I'd REALLY like to do this. I think I can make the jersey's (whether or not I can get them into the game, I can make them...lol) and maybe bats. Anyone willing to try "parks?" That is something I've always wanted to do, but royally suck at.

i really would like to see the tank top stuff work so if some one is able to create skin to cover the full arm that would be awesome.

The only problem with skin is since everyone on a team would have to use the same shirt, it would create mismatches. Such as, if you make a tank w/ white skin, everyone would have a white chest and shoulders, no matter if they are white, african american, hispanic, or asian. Thats why I think we could do tanks with tshirts underneath as ChicagoCubs720 suggested.

That Tupac pic, I could also probably have that as a t-shirt if you like.

EDIT: How's this...

tupactsv6.jpg

it looks good. and the t-shirt under the tank top idea is good. i think that's the only way to go around the mapping issue.

i still don't think having long johns can be done either. again, it's a mapping issue. i just don't think it'd look good. if someone wants to try it, post the the test screens here.

it someone CAN really mess with everything, then it would be ideal to make things baggy, maybe even how the hats map out. maybe a bandana? but again, i really don't know if this is possible. my guess is not.

Well, you can create an alpha file to make them real tanktops, same thing with the shorts.

look at one of my earlier posts in this thread about doing that. you'll see the results just won't do it. basically, you're gonna get the invisible man on the parts that you black out in the alpha.

mvp20052006101400421282nr7.th.png

There you go. I don't see what the heck Tupac has to do with baseball, and I think it looks out of place.

If this is gonna take off, and be a group effort, then obviously, we will have to vote on the screens. IMO, a Tupac CTS is kind of out there...but hey, I am a 31 year old white guy, so I dunno.

What about bushes as part of the fence.

As shown in Backyard Baseball here:

backyard4.jpg

Well, a backyard style would be cool, but that may work better as a one field mod. I am not sure if it necessarily fits the street theme. But I would love to see a huge backyard field with bushes, sheds, privacy fences, etc.

EDIT: On second thought, though, maybe it would fit. I mean, we have tossed around city parks, junkyards, actual streets, so why not a back yard. Maybe kind of like that "common area" idea I threw out there earlier in the thread.

If you want a park designed (not oedited, mind you, just designed) let me know.

Also, remember that to make this play a little different, I would get someone who really knows how to edit sliders and the datafile. Just a suggestion.

Archived