MLB Street : MVP Baseball 2005

MrSlamm3r

• Replies 350
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I had an idea similar to this last year, which I still think would be cool. Essentially, it would be a street mod for MVP. Sort of like NBA Street, but...MVP Street? Urban locations for parks (no big stadiums, just local ballparks with chain-link fences, unkempt grass, faded baselines etc), raggedy-looking uniforms, stuff like that.

Maybe something for down the line once the MVP '06 mod has lost some of its shine (if ever!) and we're looking for something new to tide us over until the MLB/2K Games agreement runs out.

Dusty Diamonds All-star softball is what I think of. Remember this game for NES? When you start a game you pick your team out of 60 characters. Each with there own abilities. The parks were sweet. One was a school yard where if you hit the school it was a hr. But, if you broke a window it was out. Another park was a cliff. There were rocks in the outfiled that changed the direction of the balls that hit em and there was a picket fence. Over it was a HR. Under it was an out( or ground rule double...cant remember)

screens

http://www.mobygames.com/game/nes/dusty-di...all/screenshots

Wow, this sounds like a great idea!

Stadiums?

-Parking lot/blacktop

-Sandlot-style park

^Maybe like...two designs of each...

haha I just thought of a shirts/skins baseball game...boy would we have fun with that!!! :p

i have some ideas as well as i played on a field for 4 years with a bunch of friends at a local park. Heck i have pics of the place i played at. nice lookin lake off to the left a few hundred feet, nice forest behind left and right field, no walls (most likely a problem), and a gravel warning track that goes from left center to behind the diamond. beyond the forest in left center field is a gravel parking lot. awesome place to play, the grass was a little long most times and the field was pretty wet (live in washington state so...) I love the orange tint on the infield dirt. anyways back to the point. I can help design some unis, help design fields (no OEDIT knowledge though).

early ideas

New Ball - really nasty looking green/brown mix (like it has been used for a good year). Everybody has them, just get bnch of high res pics.

new bats - Tattered metal looking bats, or dirty wooden bats of different colors. Once agian, take some high res pictures cause everybody has these.

Helmet conversion - Nobody wears helmets in "streetball", try to mod them into a normal baseball cap. Some sweaty looking designs are nice also.

Infields - several ideas. All dirt, almost all grass with ugly bare spots for base areas (with bases of course). I have alot more, just a sample.

shorts and t-shirts - might be hard to do the skins though

a ton of new fields can be modded from the spring training fields or minor league fields.

new gloves - lower end models of current gloves is probably the easiest.

classic mode - baggy bases, the whole stickball approach.

This makes me remember my old "sandlot" days. We used the soccer field from an elementery school (till we got too big for the dimensions...lol).

I'd love to have something like my old sandlot in the game, but I don't know how you'd do it. Here is roughly what it looked like...

sandlotvt3.jpg

The yellow dots indicate our "foul poles" which were the gym gutter and the fence between what we called the "fair yard" and the "foul yard."

The gym wall in LF was about 20-25 feet tall. The yard fences were normal height. The cones that served as dead center and left center were just a "line" that the ball had to cross at a certain height which were about the fence height. And of course there were many "inside the park" homers that rolled past the cones...lol. That along with having no walls in foul ground from home to the outfield wall would make it impossible to do in the game, I believe. But it would be fun! :wtg:

hey guys, I think I have a good idea for the uniforms, at least the pants, they should be bluejeans. They'd probably look really good with the 'low' pants setting. You could add grass stains and stuff.

As for the stadium, if you need help with O-Editing, don't hesitate to ask me. I saw that you guys were planning on putting in yards of people's houses. If you need textures for the houses, try looking in Wrigley Field's cram32.fsh

I suggest you look at AAA stadium 2, Shibe Park, Fenway and Wrigley for great city backgrounds. Look up MarlinsMY's removable.o thread from a few months back to figure out how to take the background directly from these parks and put them into new parks.

For instance, I took AAA stadium 2's background and put it entirely into Metropolitan Stadium to create KC Municipal. The results can be fantastic.

Archived