MLB Street : MVP Baseball 2005

MrSlamm3r

• Replies 350
  • Created
  • Last Reply

in stead of cleats are shoes possible

I'm sure they are. I mean, I cant think of when I have actually seen the cleats in the game (although, to be honest, I haven't LOOKED for them either).

I was thinking of getting some old style Air Jordans into the game, once I get a chance. I have been really busy these past two weeks and haven't had a chance to really work on anything.

EDIT: OK so I am an idiot...after reading the "4X" thread, I saw the cleats. I am sure they can be worked around tho.

Street stadiums, if done correctly, could be the easiest ever made. I'll be happy to lend advice to anyone trying to make one, but if you think it out ahead of time, it'd be very simple.

For example, you could have a stadium on an abandoned lot surrounded by buildings on 3 sides and a street on the 4th. So, all you would need to do is have brick walls 60-70' high, 200' down each foul line, and put a basic street graphic with some buildings across from it on the side. This would be really different with 60' walls and short foul lines, so everything is bouncing off of walls and you're forced to throw the ball low in the zone.

You're going to need some hefty datafile editing anyway, so it'd work. Walls and a street, hardly Classic Yankee, New Busch or the Coliseum.

SeanO, I just thought of something. What about the mound on this? An abandoned lot wouldn't have a pitchers mound. Then again, neither would a junkyard. Is there a way to remove it? My guess would be no, but I honestly don't know.

EDIT: Also with this idea, a few questions:

1) The street is in center field, right? Not behind the catcher?

2) This may be a stupid question, but being a suburb boy, an abandoned lot to me is a grassy area. In the city, is that the same, or can it be asphalt as well?

SeanO, I just thought of something. What about the mound on this? An abandoned lot wouldn't have a pitchers mound. Then again, neither would a junkyard. Is there a way to remove it? My guess would be no, but I honestly don't know.

EDIT: Also with this idea, a few questions:

1) The street is in center field, right? Not behind the catcher?

2) This may be a stupid question, but being a suburb boy, an abandoned lot to me is a grassy area. In the city, is that the same, or can it be asphalt as well?

You can do a portable mound. In the field I posted earlier (which is in MVP baseball format) I have a portable mound, and a sand pit near every base for sliding.

I agree with SeanO, All you have to do for a street stadium Oedit wise is remove the stands. An everlasting field would be awesome, no Walls. Or have Building surrounding it around the 500 ft. mark for no HR's unless you cheat using Jacob Patterson, or get an inside the parker.

You can do a portable mound. In the field I posted earlier (which is in MVP baseball format) I have a portable mound, and a sand pit near every base for sliding.

I agree with SeanO, All you have to do for a street stadium Oedit wise is remove the stands. An everlasting field would be awesome, no Walls. Or have Building surrounding it around the 500 ft. mark for no HR's unless you cheat using Jack Patterson, or get an inside the parker.

One of these?

202-8Jackson.jpg

NICE idea!!!

Also, would it be easier to edit the construction stadium with its files from triple play?

Or possible could I just import them into MVP?

Probably will not work, since it is a different game. I have been playing around w/ oedit the past couple days. I cant seem to find the coordinates that match up, approximately or otherwise, with wall.dat tho, using aaa3nite.big.

i don't really like that, it looks to... rich. not street enough. but if you could make the texture of the mounds look alot more dirty and bumpy and beat up, that would be better.

Well, it would definatly be a beat up portible mound. Rips in the grass, scuffmarks, marks where the ball hit it, etc.

Early pics:

aaasavjm4.jpg

I'm going to try and elimate the catcher and home plate umpire. I hope my idea works.

I LIKE IT!!!

What texture will you replace the grass with? And will the basepath dirt be sticking around?

I am going to keep playing with oedit, but if this park becomes as nice as I think it will, I think it should be included in the street game.

I'm just going to make it like a regular park would be. Like what you would usually see at a public school. The black pavement, and then the white outlining the bases and infield as seen on astroturf. No dirt or anything.

When I play Street, I slide on concrete. The players would be wearing Jeans, which would make sense. If there wearing jeans they are going to slide on concrete.

Archived