Kgbaseball's Roster Thread

kgbaseball

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

just a minor minor nitpick.. but, no Jose Tabata on either Future team? Scout.com's got him as the 17th overall prospect and the 6th outfielder behind Young, Gonzalez, Upton, Milledge and Butler.

Personally, I'd drop Brad Snyder (is he even a top prospect anymore?) from Future Stars #1 in favor of Tabata. A .282 average for a "polished" college player over four years with 158 strikeouts two years in a row in AA isn't very encouraging, even with his power potential.

Otherwise, great rosters, and I'm looking forward to your updates.

Hey KG just a quick note. F.Thomas (jays) stance is crouched in your roster, it should be a-rods or his stamce. Also, Geary (phi) face is much darker then his body. Another thing, why is soriano`s contact/power against righ handed pichers low (I think it`s 69/69, should be higher 85 contact 80 power)

Frank is going to stay crouched. His own stance is 10 years ago. I can see ARod's, especially because of the bat movement, but Frank crouches now more than anything.

Geary's face will be fixed with the first patch for 07.

Soriano is about 65/87 for righties, I'm not sure where you got 69/69.

KG,

Quick question re: Xbox version. I did a fresh install of the game on my modded Xbox. FTP'ed the database.big file over. Rosters show up...all is well.

Tried first game...Yanks with Pettite on mound. Game froze (with stuttering sound) when it showed him warming up. Second try...Giants vs Dodgers. Game froze after single by Pierre to left. Froze when ball being fielded by Bonds. Same stuttering freeze.

Any clue? Any other files I need to be sure to have that would cause these lock ups?

Thanks!

C

I am new to mvpmods and just saw this roster update. It looks great so I want to download it. I have never downloaded anything from mvpmods before so can you tell me some instructions on how to download this and get it into MVP 05.

Thanks a lot

Every mod comes with a readme because modders want people to be able to enjoy their mod. Anyway, either use the installer or...

1. cut the database folder

2. go to program files -> EA Sports -> MVP 2005 -> data

3. paste over

It will work, that's it.

I gave Loney the Beltre stance.

I actually gave him the crouched stance, and as KG said, it does indeed look like the 'real' Frank Thomas stance.

KG, I brought this up once before and since then I've done a little more research on it. The fireballers like Zumaya, Verlander, and Jenks are hitting the backstop on a large percentage of their pitches. What is actually happening is the catcher is failing to catch. Many times the catcher lunges outside for a pitch that's actually right down the middle. When this happens, the speed and type of pitch thrown is not displayed, and the ball bangs up against the backstop.

Am I the only one seeing this?

I looked at these pitchers' ratings and discovered that their fastballs in game are 3 mph faster than their rated speed. Thus, Zumaya with his 100 rating is regularly hitting 103 mph. Joel very rarely hits that speed in real life, in fact it's usually juiced up radar guns that produce those readings. Does Bobby Jenks really throw a 100 mph cutter?

What I've done is lower their velocity rating to 97. This has eliminated the wild pitch/passed ball phenomena and they're still hitting 100 mph in game.

I don't know, maybe it's something in my setup that causes this?