Kgbaseball's Roster Thread

kgbaseball

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

check if his ID is 746. if its not, change it.

what is the difference between kgbaseball's roster overhaul, and the ultimate roster from Kraw and Totte?

When Kraw released kg's over on eamods he said it's a beta and take it as you will.

I'm assuming that kg works on the ultimate rosters with Kraw and Totte and decided to release a early edition to satisfy some people even though the rosters aren't perfect.

I'm not dogging the rosters they are real good, and technically you could start a dynasty with them, but it seems the ultimate rosters are way more detailed.

Am I correct on any of this? Is the ultimate roster that's soon to be released a more detailed version of kg's?

Again hopefully the UR set is ps2 compatible. Thanks for everyone's time...Roger Dowie

what is the difference between kgbaseball's roster overhaul, and the ultimate roster from Kraw and Totte?

When Kraw released kg's over on eamods he said it's a beta and take it as you will.

I'm assuming that kg works on the ultimate rosters with Kraw and Totte and decided to release a early edition to satisfy some people even though the rosters aren't perfect.

I'm not dogging the rosters they are real good, and technically you could start a dynasty with them, but it seems the ultimate rosters are way more detailed.

Am I correct on any of this? Is the ultimate roster that's soon to be released a more detailed version of kg's?

Again hopefully the UR set is ps2 compatible. Thanks for everyone's time...Roger Dowie

The UR-project and KG's overhaul are two completely different set of rosters.

I'll let KG answer the rest of your questions since it's his thread but I can say that I've been approached by people who think that the UR-project is what it's called.

I'll give you a full explanation, and I'll try not to be biased.

First of all, Totte is correct. UR is completely separate from mine.

The whole reason I started creating my roster in April or May, whenever it was, was because I had grown tired of UR and its wildly inconsistent minor league ratings. It's a real pain in the butt to go through a season when the computer has a bunch of AA and A guys on the MLB roster because they are rated too highly to stay in AA or A for the whole season. Because of that, I decided to create a roster that had a much more in depth minor league system, with more accurate ratings. To avoid the computer calling up players that should be in the minor leagues, I developed a simple set of rules for minor leaguers in terms of what their ratings can/should be. Basically, I try to make sure that players in AAA are better than players in AA, who are better than players in A. If you look at my roster in MVPEdit, you'll notice that pitchers in AAA have control numbers anywhere from high 40's and up, depending on if they're truly MLB talent or not. Pitchers in AA have values from high 40s to mid 30s, and players in A ball have mid 30s and lower. If you look in the game, you'll notice that pitchers on the different levels are clearly distinguished ratings-wise with this staggered number system. For starters' stamina, AAA = 70 and up, AA = 65-75, and A = 55-65. It works the exact same way for batters, although the same numbers do not apply. I feel there is no comparison regarding how the minor league players of both rosters are rated. I believe my method is much more efficient. Of course it's not perfect, but I am constantly working on them every day to improve them.

Another big difference is the way MLB players are rated. I get my ratings from a member here named SwinginSoriano, who has his own method of rating players. All I do is transfer his ratings to my players, and if I disagree with anything, I simply change them myself. UR has a different set of formulas to rate players, and it is very effective. I have received PMs and emails saying that my MLB players are rated slightly too high, but I have seen many posts with regards to UR saying that many players' ratings are too low, so I'll say MLB ratings between both rosters are a push. Either you prefer UR's or you prefer mine; there isn't a huge difference.

One thing I pride myself on is having pitching repertoire accuracy in my roster. I have recently been going through each team's pitchers and digging up any scouting reports I can find to see what kind of pitches they throw. Tomorrow when I upload a new version of my roster, you'll find a lot of pitchers will have updated repertoires.

Transactions, transactions, transactions. In my mind, there is no comparison between the 2 rosters. My roster is more updated transaction-wise. Period. End of story. The only transaction I think I've missed since the release of my roster was the Luis Atilano of the Braves was traded or signed (don't remember which) to the Nationals. Big deal, right? 99% of you haven't even heard of Luis Atilano. Other than that, I am on top of the ball when it comes to transactions.

One downside of my roster is that Ur is the widely known MVP roster. It's found and discussed on many sites besides this one, and it's included in the 06 (and soon to be 07) mod. UR is out there, people know about it, and many people have no idea any other roster exists from UR. I spent hundreds of hours creating a roster so people could have the option. After trying mine out, you feel like UR is truly the "Ultimate" roster, that's fine with me. Another downside is that mine is more focused on the minor leagues, and most people could care less about the minor leagues, and that's fine too. If people decide UR is better for them because they're more familiar with it, good for them.

I'm curious as to why and how you think UR is more detailed than mine, dowie.

That just about sums up the differences between my roster and UR. Now that we both have career stats for MLBers and 2006 stats for minor league players, neither person can say their roster is the only roster with that feature.

Now, if Totte approached me and asked if we'd like to combine roster sets into the true "Ultimate Roster", I think I'd comply. There's no doubt we'd be the manpower strong enough to make the best roster set for any sports game ever. I don't see that happening, so for now, you will all have to suffer through having 3 (let's not forget SwinginSoriano's roster) rosters available on this site.

If you can't decide between the 3, try them all out yourself. Don't rely on other opinions on whose is the best. All 3 rosters have their high and low points, and none are perfect. They're kind of like sliders; everybody's is a little different, and what's good for one person isn't necessarily the best for another.

There's my novel. :)

The whole reason I started creating my roster in April or May, whenever it was, was because I had grown tired of UR and its wildly inconsistent minor league ratings.

Transactions, transactions, transactions. In my mind, there is no comparison between the 2 rosters. My roster is more updated transaction-wise. Period. End of story.

Money...and .... MONEY!

KG is a madman! He keeps his set MUCH more current than UR. I don't even think the dude sleeps. Or at least he has some sort of transaction tracker that buzz's him everytime a player changes his shorts.

That and the rating systems shear thoroughness has me basing my game on his rosters. I know the Mariners system back to front and KG has it down to the nitty-gritty.

Keep it up brutha!

Well that's weird. I just had someone else PM me saying Anibal Sanchez had Joe Torre's face, and he's never had a specific cyberface that I know of. What number do you have for Wainwright, Raptor?

...erm... how do I check that? (embarassed).

EDIT: Should be whatever default your latest beta had. I haven't edited it in any way since I installed it.

...so a file updated last on Nov 26, '06 is "more up to date" than the .big that came with the latest MVP'06 release?

hmm. I'm downloading it now.

Looks like it's gonna take a while... and then probably make too much stuff 2x to run well on my machine. lol. This is why you back up your files first, people. :)