Kgbaseball's Roster Thread

kgbaseball

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey Kage,

You are probably one of the foremost expert types on using MVPedit. So I thought I'd ask.. For some odd reason (seriously, this just started happening) anytime I create a player or import a player, it corrupts my MBE somehow. Actually the only thing corrupted is the exported rosters on the back end since MVPedit still exports and acts as normal but it makes my games crash on the loading screen EVERY time.

It took me a reinstall and about an hour of testing various parts of the game to figure out it was the damn rosters that was causing the crash. Then another half hour or so to figure out it was the create/import option that made the rosters crash the game.

Have you (or anyone else) every come across this?

No. I don't get ANY message. Its weird as hell. I certainly have never seen this happen before but I tested it three times with back up rosters and it CsTD before I even see the loading screen (with no errors) anytime I import or create a player.

It is most likely tied into the certain set I am using since all my backups are based of it. Its your opening day roster but pretty heavily modified. I have been changing a lot of stuff around. But besides adding a half dozen guys to the Mariners, its pretty basic stuff. Like batting stances, pitching motions, pitch types, and of course face #'s. I have done a lot of little stuff like that and is why I don't just say "ta hell with it" and start anew.

It works fine as long as I remember not to import or create. Guh.

so just delete some players then i guess. i believe there's a limit of 3250 players, is that correct? otherwise, the only other thing i can think of is you tried to edit the allstar teams through mvpedit and not notepad.

yeah i made that fatal mistake several times in the past before learning about it. you can do a blank search and it'll tell you how many players you have. then subtract 50 for both all star teams since they're just duplicates and that should give you a good number for how many players are there.

KG, I dont know if this has been brought up yet, but im using your DL roster and in the mets organization, their CF Carlos Gomez has a white face and their pitcher Jon Adkins has a black face, just thought I would let you know

The Colorado Rockies traded right-hander Byung-Hyun Kim to the Florida Marlins for right-handed pitcher Jorge Julio on Sunday.

Minnesota Twins released Sidney Ponson

Juan Encarnicion has joined the Cardinals, so bring him up to start RF and send down Skip.

Well it did not work so that makes it an errorit cant find something I need to know what

There are some audio ids in the plus-slow.ini file that are no longer in the latest rosters. It is normal that some of them won't be found.

Also:

Patch2 of the 07 mod included the wrong plus-slow.ini file with the plusmaker-memory program.

Download and install the models.big May update from eamods.com. It has a good version of the plus-slow.ini file that works with it. (after you install the may update, use the plusmaker-memory in:

...MVP Baseball 2005extrasRoster updaterDynasty updater

instead of the other one.