Mvp 2007

Yankee4Life

• Replies 584
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

First of all, can we add this to the site rules, for people not to ask about the pitching meter ;)

Second of all, this can be accomplished in one of many ways. Take the datafile off of your MVP cd, take a datafile off of this site, there are a bunch out there, or edit your own datafile. If you use the search function, you will find any/many of these results.

Just one little thing I wanted to point out. Quite a few of the dates within the game have been altered to say MVP Baseball 2006, or things like that (for example, when saving a dynasty), but weren't changed to say 07 for this version. I'd guess if they were changed for MVP06, it'd be a simple change to change them again for 07, but its not really that big a deal anyway, I just thought I'd point it out.

Just one little thing I wanted to point out. Quite a few of the dates within the game have been altered to say MVP Baseball 2006, or things like that (for example, when saving a dynasty), but weren't changed to say 07 for this version. I'd guess if they were changed for MVP06, it'd be a simple change to change them again for 07, but its not really that big a deal anyway, I just thought I'd point it out.
thanks, I forgot a lot of little things

yo... thanks again for this great mod. I just got a new computer, and I re-installed both the original MVP 2005 and the 07 mod. However, when I try to play it asks for "the correct cd-rom" How do I fix this? I never had this problem before. I have both cd's mounted with deamon tools. Any thoughts?

Also, can I just copy my old save files into the new folder to resume my dynasty?

Thanks

...However, when I try to play it asks for "the correct cd-rom" How do I fix this? I never had this problem before. I have both cd's mounted with deamon tools. Any thoughts?...

I think I can take care of this one. You need the real cd's.

I think you can probably sum up the bulk of the posts on this website in 3 or 4 sentences. There is a lot of redundancy. Maybe there should be a bot, that will auto reply with these generic responses when these same questions are asked. Or one that just continually says "Search the Forum"

Thanks a lot for MVP 07. I had played MVP 05 religiously, then stopped for a year and a half or so (and thus missed MVP 06 completely). MVP 07 is such an obvious work of love and beauty. Of course there are things like the cameras or stuff like that which annoy me slightly, but they are nothing in comparison with the sheer awe of playing good ole' MVP Baseball in its' new skin.

As I am a PC-only gamer, you've saved baseball for me. Tons of thanks again.

Forgive me if this has been stated, as I can't possibly read all of these posts. I think it would be cool if I could expand the major league team's roster in September to 40 players.

Also, I've noticed some stats errors. I played through one full season and noticed that minor league players retained, and added to, stats from the previous season. I had a couple guys with 80 home runs and that's downright silly.

Also, I've noticed some stats errors. I played through one full season and noticed that minor league players retained, and added to, stats from the previous season. I had a couple guys with 80 home runs and that's downright silly.

You didn't use the 07_maker to start your dynasty/owner-mode.

You're seeing this b/c the players have been saved with stats up thru the 2006 season, but if you don't use the 07_maker (included with the mod) you're dyn/o.m. will start in 2005. So you'll play thru 2005, adding to the real life 2005 stats, then you'll play thru 2006, adding to the real life 2006 stats, then, finally, you'll play thru 2007, creating new 2007 stats.

If you use the included 07_maker, it starts the game - then you start a new dyn/o.m., then you save it immediately and quit the game. Then just start the game as you usually/always do, load up the dyn/o.m. you just created, and play. You'll start in the year 2007, with correct stats for 05 and 06, and the schedule will be correct as well.

Hope this helps you!

Just a couple of notes.. The reverse camera in the pitching mini game is pointing to a wall.. :(

And on the batting games, the camera should be the same as the in game cameras, especially the 4..

Otherwise, it looks great..

The rosters have some lineups wrong, like Carlos Lee batting ahead of Berkman (i use ultimate rosters)

And please Sowers is a little better, and Oswalt as more control on the curve ball than that.

:stickman:

• 2 weeks later...

i have a fresh install of 05....

installed the 07 mod with the patch immediately following....

can't get a game to load up....

crashes to windows on the loading screen after i select the teams and stuff....

Tried UR 8.2 and KGs rosters

no dice

Yeah I cant get this mod to install. Once the 2nd cd is inserted and the installer starts to extract the files I get a message box from 7zip saying a number of files are broken.

edit: Ok I tried another download location and the rar is corrupt this time. So the one that would open and would try to install had broken files and the other simply wouldn't open. Im using winrar by the way, quite frustrated.

Perhaps the modders could confirm the files they uploaded haven't been corrupted somehow?

I downloaded and installed patch #2 and all the cyberfaces are not with the corresponding person for example

Juan Castro (normally brown hair, goatee) but in the game bright blond hair no goatee.

Javy Lopez dark toned(black) face light toned(white) arms