Is your MVP Baseball 2005 game crashing?

Kccitystar

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 581
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My window keeps closing at random times. Nothing crashes, but sometimes it happens often. I just downloaded the 08 mod and am using KG's (plus) new rosters. I am running Vista 64 on a new computer.

Any suggestions?

• 1 month later...

I've had a problem similiar to this, and I fixed it by rolling back the drivers.  It's possible there's another fix, so hopefully someone may know.

Let me change that.

I got the game to start because re-install it, but now when I am in the middle of a game it freezes up.

Completely freezes up.

Let me change that.

I got the game to start because re-install it, but now when I am in the middle of a game it freezes up.

Completely freezes up.

What mods do you have installed? Do you have any programs running in the background (Anti-virus, Firewall, etc...)?

Are you using the latest drivers for your card?

Let me change that.

Completely freezes up.

What mods do you have installed? Do you have any programs running in the background (Anti-virus, Firewall, etc...)?

Are you using the latest drivers for your card?

I am just using the regular mvp 2005 install right now but I have firewall and am running AVG anti-virus as well.

I have also downloaded the latest drivers for my video card(ATI Radeon 9250).

The thing is I actually had NVIDIA GeForce4 MX before but when I used that I had a stuttering problem and choppy play but no freezing up.

Now that I installed ATI the game runs smoothly but there is a sudden freeze up for god knows what reason.

I am just using the regular mvp 2005 install right now but I have firewall and am running AVG anti-virus as well.

I have also downloaded the latest drivers for my video card(ATI Radeon 9250).

The thing is I actually had NVIDIA GeForce4 MX before but when I used that I had a stuttering problem and choppy play but no freezing up.

Now that I installed ATI the game runs smoothly but there is a sudden freeze up for god knows what reason.

Try turning off the Anti-V, and Firewall when playing the game.

Try turning off the Anti-V, and Firewall when playing the game.

Why does firewall and antivirus have anything to do with this problem anyway. Doesn't turning it off make

my computer more vulnerable?

By the way I tried turning it off. That's not the problem. It still freezes

Why does firewall and antivirus have anything to do with this problem anyway. Doesn't turning it off make

my computer more vulnerable?

By the way I tried turning it off. That's not the problem. It still freezes

Hmm, that's odd.

First of all, where did you download Mvp 05 from?

I think I might know the problem.

My game keeps freezing only when I update my ATI drivers from online.

If I leave the display drivers the way they are then the game is fine.

How could it be?

but that didn't answer the question I asked you.

Where did you download this game from?

I think I might know the problem.

My game keeps freezing only when I update my ATI drivers from online.

If I leave the display drivers the way they are then the game is fine.

How could it be?

Well, if the new display drivers are causing you the problem, then just roll-back to the previous version. Sometimes just updating to a new driver version for the sake of updating, is a waste of time or can cause problems. Unless there is a major change in the release notes for the new version. There might be a bug in the new version. Have you read the release notes/changelog for the new driver version?

Well, if the new display drivers are causing you the problem, then just roll-back to the previous version. Sometimes just updating to a new driver version for the sake of updating, is a waste of time or can cause problems. Unless there is a major change in the release notes for the new version. There might be a bug in the new version. Have you read the release notes/changelog for the new driver version?

Well no, but if I choose not to update the drivers do you know a way that I can stop the stuttering problem?

I get that a lot in my game, and its not really smooth, If you know something that can fix that problem please tell me.

Well no, but if I choose not to update the drivers do you know a way that I can stop the stuttering problem?

I get that a lot in my game, and its not really smooth, If you know something that can fix that problem please tell me.

Try d/l the official EA Patch #2, it was supposed to fix "stuttering" issues. It's in our Download section.

http://www.mvpmods.com/index.php?autocom=d...&showcat=28

What are your system specs? (CPU, RAM)?

Does anyone know why i keep crashing when i start a game.Everytime i start the game in Play Now or Dynasty,the splash screen loads to half way and then i get a error message saying MLB2005.EXE has stopped responding.It was working a few days ago.Now it doesn't work and i didn't add in anything.The only thing i added in was some portraits i did but those worked so i don't know what's the problem.

Funny thing. I'm encountering the same problem when I tried to play MVP '08. The weird part is that I just finishped playing TC 70's and 80's, and it worked just fine.

It always crashes back to the desktop when I try to play a mini-game or even edit a player.

Does anyone know why i keep crashing when i start a game.Everytime i start the game in Play Now or Dynasty,the splash screen loads to half way and then i get a error message saying MLB2005.EXE has stopped responding.It was working a few days ago.Now it doesn't work and i didn't add in anything.The only thing i added in was some portraits i did but those worked so i don't know what's the problem.

I'm having the same exact problem and I re-installed the game a lot of times to try to fix it.

I'm having the same exact problem and I re-installed the game a lot of times to try to fix it.

Do you have any background program running when trying to start/play the game? (Anti-V, Firewall, etc..)

If so, try turning them off and starting the game. Also have you installed any other mods, or made any changes yourself?

Do you have any background program running when trying to start/play the game? (Anti-V, Firewall, etc..)

If so, try turning them off and starting the game. Also have you installed any other mods, or made any changes yourself?

Avast Antivirus, Xfire, Digsby and Winamp. This just started happening last week after I finished my dynasty and started a new season. I did install the 29 season game but I deleted it and started from fresh. Reinstalled the game adding 08_WS_release.TiT, theSpungos_2009_Uniforms-v3.01.TiT and the updated schedule for 09.

When I tried uninstalling the game it wouldn't remove. I also checked under the add remove files and the game doesn't show up on there either after I installed it. So I just deleted the folder in the program files and I know that's not the right way to uninstall the game.

I kill all of the background programs with End It All. The odd thing is that I copied and pasted the original MVP 05 files with patches into the MVP 05 folder, and it worked perfectly. I'm thinking it is a problem with some of the files in the newest version of MVP 08.

Avast Antivirus, Xfire, Digsby and Winamp. This just started happening last week after I finished my dynasty and started a new season. I did install the 29 season game but I deleted it and started from fresh. Reinstalled the game adding 08_WS_release.TiT, theSpungos_2009_Uniforms-v3.01.TiT and the updated schedule for 09.

When I tried uninstalling the game it wouldn't remove. I also checked under the add remove files and the game doesn't show up on there either after I installed it. So I just deleted the folder in the program files and I know that's not the right way to uninstall the game.

Turn off Xfire.I turned it off and the game worked for me.Hopefully it works for you.

Archived