Is your MVP Baseball 2005 game crashing?

Kccitystar

• Replies 581
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The EA Sports folder was deleted, so it should be a fresh empty one.

And it crashes right as it cuts to the field, team does not seem to matter. I've played as Red Sox vs. Yanks and Red Sox vs. Cards, and crashed as both of those as well as Red Sox vs. Tampa and Dodgers vs. Angels

that's my point, yes the EA Sports folder was deleted, but to properly install the mod, you need to create a folder where you want the game installed, then install Tit in that folder, and then install the 08 mod. i just installed it myself and it seems to work fine with those teams. it it crashes right there, it's usually a models.big problem. there's a chance that your computer can't handle the graphic overload. but i won't know that for sure until you for sure install it in the right order. if it still crashes, try using the default overlay or switching to 1x uniforms.

And I installed the vanilla game normally (into the new folder C:\Program Files\EA SPORTS\MVP Baseball 2005, as the game suggests). I then installed TiT in C:\Program Files\EA SPORTS\MVP Baseball 2005, and used that to install .TiT which was on the desktop. This seems to have worked, because I get the 2008 splash intro and such. Is there something wrong with that?

My computer ran 2005 before fine, so I wouldn't expect it's a graphics overload.

I am not sure what you mean by 1x overlay or overlay, is that the 2008? If so, can I run use 2010 roster download without the 2008 mod? Because I would try that, but I got the impression that wouldn't work.

yes, there is something wrong because you're not following directions. take a look at it again. do not install the game first.

your computer may run 2005 fine, but the 08 is loaded with graphic updates that require more juice to run. the uniforms, overlays, cyberfaces, portraits, and stadiums all are at higher resolutions and can overload if your computer isn't up to par.

yes you can use the 2010 roster without the 08 mod. just be sure you install the 2010 facepack or it will crash. you will also want to update any portraits you want to use, as well as uniforms, stadiums, and player audios. if that's the route you want to take, give it a shot and let us know if you still have issues.

I apologize, I don't seem to understand what you mean by "Do not install the game first"

Am I supposed to install the 2008 mod BEFORE I install MVP 2005 to that folder?

(I am trying the 2010 rosters with the vanilla version, hopefully that will work better for me)

EDIT: That seems to work out perfectly fine. I don't think I'll worry about portraits or anything. Thanks for the help!

glad you figured it out. if you ever want to try it again, no do not install 2005 at all. Tit automatically installs it for you. all you need to do is create the folder you want it installed in.

download Tit and install it in that folder. once you have completed installing Tit and its components, go into that folder and open Tit. look for the 08 mod and hit Ok. it will then proceed to install everything. it will prompt you for the 2005 cds when it's ready, but otherwise everything is automatic. it still seems like a computer problem to me. sounds like you need a more powerful machine to handle the improvements.

• 3 months later...

Hey guys, kind of running into an unexcusable crash here. I have a perfectly legit copy of MVP Baseball 2005. I start a dynasty and on the third day after clicking "Play Today's Games", with the load-bar in the same spot every time, it locks up. However, I can start a new dynasty with the same exact team and get past that part. Obviously one potential solution is to just ignore it and start a new dynasty, but I'd rather not have to start a new dynasty on top of that after it locks after a month of play (instead of 3 games in).

Any reasoning for this? I'm still playing the Phillies at CBP and I've already played them twice successfully.

Alright, I've determined that it's something with the roster. I start a season w/ default MVP 07 rosters (KG) and I can get through the 3rd day perfectly, but with Grmrprs 2011 Rosters, it won't get by the 3rd day. Any reasoning behind this?

Sounds to me like a cyberface issues, with the pitcher in the third-spot in either your team's rotation or the other team's.

Are there any cyberface/roster pairings that are compatible? I'm 6 days in a new one now (with freshly installed roster/cyberfaces) and I'm running into trouble with simming a minor league game.

If you're simming, that is using the "Quick Sim" button, cyberfaces wouldn't be an issue, as they are not seen.

If you're simming, that is using the "Quick Sim" button, cyberfaces wouldn't be an issue, as they are not seen.

But it has to be a problem with rosters right? After running on default rosters (MVP 07 KG auto-installer installed), I simmed 2 straight months with no problems (and I assume I wouldn't have run into any had I gone further). What can cause a quick sim to crash?

So I did a clean install of MVP Baseball 2005, played a game, backed out. Downloaded Grmrprs 2011 roster update (the one he released today) extracted all the data files to the right folder, put the save file in my MVP folder in My Documents and booted the game. Every time i try and get into a game with the rosters, my game crashes. Anyone have any idea what the problem could be.

So really i'm just wondering if there's a fairly up to date roster update that will work with a clean install of MVP 05? and if not, what would i need to do to play with 2011 rosters.

April 14 is usually when the minor leagues seasons start. There is probably a minor league team with a person missing in on of its lineups, or a team without 5 starters and a closer. When attempting to sim a game with a team without its lineups complete or without 5 starters and a closer, it will definitely crash. Check your minor league teams.

So turns out I had a minor league team that had a "null" player in at one position. I just optimized the lineups and checked all 4 lineups and everything seemed fixed - the rosters were set!

However, it still crashes. If it makes any difference, when I try to play the game instead of quick simming, it crashes after I click advance on the SELECT A STARTING PITCHER screen (right before starting lineup).

It will also crash if one of your teams either has more than 25 players or less than 20 players. If there is a minor league team with 26+ players or with <19 players it will crash when trying to sim of play minor league games. Also, I heard that there is a limit to free agents, but I don't know that number because I never experienced a crash because of that. I also a roster crashing when I highlighted a certain player (on the A's) but I never figured out why. I would highlight to look at him and the game would crash. So I loaded my dynasty, loaded MVP editor, deleted the player and VOILA, no more crashes.

The thing is - my minor league teams had already played 2-3 games so I just don't get it. Maybe I'll try a fresh install without MLB 07/08 (whichever one I had) and just install rosters/cyberfaces/portraits with a clean 2005 install.

It might have been the other team's rosters (your opponents) that don't have enough/too many players.

• 2 weeks later...

So, I updated and checked all the cyberfaces, including the managers, and everything worked fine. I had my Yankee dynasty going good until April 16th when I went to play the Tampa Bay Rays. After selecting a pitcher, the lineup, and the stadium I click to continue into the game and it crashes. So I went back into the game and tried to play an exhibition. That worked no problem. I went back into the dynasty, quick simmed the Tampa Bay games, and preceded to try and play against the Toronto Blue Jays. It does the same thing. Any suggestions as to why this does not work? Thank you.

I'm having trouble because MVP is crashing. Im finishing new version of my roster, but games crash now when I click the 'advance' button after selecting the stadium where I want to play exhibition game.

Any suggestions?

thanks

Archived