Is your MVP Baseball 2005 game crashing?

Kccitystar

• Replies 581
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I too am having issues with my MVP 05/08. I have the rosters from grmrpr1313 that were uploaded in May, also I have the new Spungo uniforms and the newest Homer Cyberfaces. Halfway into my Owner Mode 1st season playing AAA Charlotte against the Buffalo Bisons, it crashes even if I sim the game. My AAA team even going against the Smokies crashes too, although I can still sim those games and not have it shut down on me. Is it a roster issue with this happening or what do ya think? Also, is there an "error checker" program that's downloadable? That would be really good for checking and seeing if a uniform or a certain player profile is screwing things up.

Try using MVPEdit, that has a roster check which will highlight issues with teams having too little or too many players on one team. If won't highlight issues with cyberfaces or uniforms etc, but you can view them with the program, so should be able to find out where the problem is. If you haven't done it already, you might need to use a program to get the owner mode rosters into .dat or .mbe format so that they can be opened in MVPEdit...I think Ty made it, but can't remember what it's called.

Also, try using the Knights in an exhibition game, see if that works. If it does, do the same with the Smokies. If that works, try Knights and Smokies. If that works, it more likely to be something wrong with your roster than a cyberface, uniform or stadium issue.

Will do..... :good:

Since I'm slow......It took me a while to follow step by step and it still didn't work for me :( The files look just like yours and loaded in the same place.My first Mod was mvp 08' and it still shows o5'(clean) when I load the game.

I do want to play ALL the Mods I can,but it looks like I'm stuck with MVP 08',updated rosters and that's it.

I thank you for the help. :drinks:

Cheers,

JP

Try using MVPEdit, that has a roster check which will highlight issues with teams having too little or too many players on one team. If won't highlight issues with cyberfaces or uniforms etc, but you can view them with the program, so should be able to find out where the problem is. If you haven't done it already, you might need to use a program to get the owner mode rosters into .dat or .mbe format so that they can be opened in MVPEdit...I think Ty made it, but can't remember what it's called.

Also, try using the Knights in an exhibition game, see if that works. If it does, do the same with the Smokies. If that works, try Knights and Smokies. If that works, it more likely to be something wrong with your roster than a cyberface, uniform or stadium issue.

That oughta work, but maybe I don't have the right version of MVP Edit. Right now I have version 0.30. Is that the one with a roster check on it?

• 3 weeks later...

Well, I didn't have any issues with the game crashing lately, thanks to your advice. But now I downloaded more minor league uniforms and logos, but I tried to install cyberfaces with TiT, and TiT is now really working. It stays stuck on the textures screen. Now the damn game ain't working at all. It crashes right at the CTS screen. I did not backup the logosbig file so I have no idea what to do now other than reinstall everything. Any advice before I erase everything?

*On Edit* Figured it out. Thought a virus may have ate up an essential part of MVP. It was Spungo's latest uniforms that was causing the problem. Good thing I had all my stuff backed up.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys,

Just wanted to post a small crash issue with me to see if anyone had a fix for it. While running MVP08, I noticed that all my minigames crash as soon as the loading bar begins to move. This didn't happen originally, so I'm assuming that I did it from downloading stadium mods or something and may have overwritten/deleted something by accident.

I recently got a new laptop, so I did a fresh 2005 install, plus the 08 mod on top and I'm still unable to get more than a half-second of the loading page before it hits the desktop. So, my question: does anyone know how to fix this? Or, does anyone know where the files are located/what they're called? I was thinking of installing 2005 fresh on another computer and just copying the minigame files over to the modded one to see if that worked. Thoughts?

I remember this one - the game uses a default player for the mini game pitching sequence, and if that player isn't in the roster, the game will crash. I just can't remember the name of the player.

If you do a fresh '05 install and don't add he '08 mod, it should work. Or, if you can find the name of the player that the game uses as the default pitcher and import him into your current roster, it should also work.

EDIT - Shane Reynolds.

I remember this one - the game uses a default player for the mini game pitching sequence, and if that player isn't in the roster, the game will crash. I just can't remember the name of the player.

If you do a fresh '05 install and don't add he '08 mod, it should work. Or, if you can find the name of the player that the game uses as the default pitcher and import him into your current roster, it should also work.

EDIT - Shane Reynolds.

Just ran a keyword search for "Mini-game crash" and came up with some threads talking about "Shane Reynolds".

Once again, I'm a step too slow for the Smooth Criminal. <_<

You know, that keyword search thing comes in handy every once and awhile. :popcorn:

shane reynolds is the game's default player to pitch in the mini games. 08 has him removed. go to the database folder and open the attrib.dat file in wordpad. find where he would be by alphabetical order and add this line in: 0f844e070,0 Shane,1 Reynolds,2 37,3 0,4 0,5 0,6 10,7 27,8 115,9 29,10 244,11 1,12 0,13 0,14 0,15 1,16 743,17 1,18 5,19 11,20 0,21 0,22 43,23 12,24 11,25 10,26 10,27 4,28 1,29 0,30 1,31 1,32 0,33 0,34 0,35 0,36 0,37 2,38 0,39 0,40 9,41 8,42 2,43 0,44 0,45 12869,;

That was fast, thanks guys. No such luck unfortunately - I can get the loading bar moves half-an-inch now, but still crashes for all 3 minigames for some reason. He's definitely in alphabetical order in the attrib.dat file, right below Matthew Reynolds and above Ryne Reynoso :p. Anyways, it's not a big deal, at least I've learned the root of the crash.

Stupid question, but I shouldn't have to create him as a CAP, would I?

• 3 weeks later...

ok here is my problem:

the batting mini game always crash when i try to play, the loading bar always load complete, then it show the info about the batting minigame, then the player getting ready to bat, and BOOM! it crash

i dont have any mod just this roster

http://www.mvpmods.com/index.php?app=downloads&showfile=5756

ok here is my problem:

the batting mini game always crash when i try to play, the loading bar always load complete, then it show the info about the batting minigame, then the player getting ready to bat, and BOOM! it crash

i dont have any mod just this roster

http://www.mvpmods.com/index.php?app=downloads&showfile=5756

You've already had this answered twice.

http://www.mvpmods.com/index.php?showtopic=47485&view=findpost&p=611356

http://www.mvpmods.com/index.php?showtopic=47485&view=findpost&p=611568

:facepalm:

You've already had this answered twice.

http://www.mvpmods.com/index.php?showtopic=47485&view=findpost&p=611356

http://www.mvpmods.com/index.php?showtopic=47485&view=findpost&p=611568

:facepalm:

"shane reynolds is the game's default player to pitch in the mini games."

ok

nao i get it :x

/me slaps himself

have been playing this game for years with very little problems. HAve a mod, don't know which one, but recently game has crashed 75 percent of the time i play it. On my old sytem it crashed maybe 1 outta a 100. And the first 40 or so times i played it on my new rig it ran fine. Now it crashes every other time i play it. Much to the annoyance to the competition in my online mvp baseball league. I dont know what to do... I've reinstalled. And still the same problem It crashes at random points usually after the 6th inning or so. My PC isnt over heating. I have temp post on my mboard and it never reaches 40 degrees. I have win 7 64 bit ultimate.

have been playing this game for years with very little problems. HAve a mod, don't know which one, but recently game has crashed 75 percent of the time i play it. On my old sytem it crashed maybe 1 outta a 100. And the first 40 or so times i played it on my new rig it ran fine. Now it crashes every other time i play it. Much to the annoyance to the competition in my online mvp baseball league. I dont know what to do... I've reinstalled. And still the same problem It crashes at random points usually after the 6th inning or so. My PC isnt over heating. I have temp post on my mboard and it never reaches 40 degrees. I have win 7 64 bit ultimate.

When playing in multiplayer mode, you have to make sure you and your competitor have the exact same configuration (rosters, datafile, etc.). If not your game will crash.

P.S. Nice avatar, Lego rocks.

Every time i try to play administrator mode on my MVP 2005 when i simulate a game it crashes, and when i try to save it says 'Save Complete' when i click accept the game crash and when i check administrator mode saved files it's empty, i just re-installed it so it doesn't have any uniforms, rosters or mods intalled.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey All,

I've been playing MVP2005 for three years now, but just this spring I've found out about modding and stuff. I remember downloading the game from some torrent, needing ISO imaging programme. It never crashed before. I've replaced datafile.big with maestro23's version that gave me some cool camera moves and better pic. Since then, the game started to crash somewhere in 5-6th inning of the play. I have no problems when simulating the season. I remind you I am using an old comp, with some very old videocard, but the new datafile isn't the only problem. i just can't start to unpack the 08mod to change everything. The message (DOS) says "Line-1 can't unpack the file - 000.fsh unable to find image - press ENTER to exit). it's Windows XP Pro. The only thing I've succeeded was overlay change. It works fine. Need help please.

Hey All,

I've been playing MVP2005 for three years now, but just this spring I've found out about modding and stuff. I remember downloading the game from some torrent, needing ISO imaging programme. It never crashed before. I've replaced datafile.big with maestro23's version that gave me some cool camera moves and better pic. Since then, the game started to crash somewhere in 5-6th inning of the play. I have no problems when simulating the season. I remind you I am using an old comp, with some very old videocard, but the new datafile isn't the only problem. i just can't start to unpack the 08mod to change everything. The message (DOS) says "Line-1 can't unpack the file - 000.fsh unable to find image - press ENTER to exit). it's Windows XP Pro. The only thing I've succeeded was overlay change. It works fine. Need help please.

We don't provide support for those who enjoy getting the game from other sources. If you would like to purchase the two CD's that we DO support, you may not have an issue anymore. And next time, read the rules.

Archived