Mlb 2k9 Pc System Requirments Announced!

stamcoff1979

Here you go guys:

Minimum Requirements: CPU: Pentium 4 2.4 Ghz Single Core processor or equivalent (2.8 Ghz for Vista)

RAM: 512 MB or more (1 GB for Vista) Disc Drive: 8x or faster DVD drive Hard Drive: 9.5 GB or more free space Video: DirectX 9.0c compatible (see below) Sound: DirectX 9.0c compatible

Input: Keyboard or dual-analog gamepad

* Video card with 128 MB or more memory and one of the following chipsets is required: ATI x1300 or better | NVIDIA 6600 or better | DirectX 9.0c compatible card with Shader Model 3.0 support.

Recommended System Requirements: CPU: 3 GHz Dual Core processor or equivalent RAM: 2 GB

Disc Drive: 8x or faster DVD drive Hard Drive: 9.5 GB or more free space Video: Shader Model 3.0 support with 512 MB RAM (Nvidia® Geforce® 7900 GT or better) Sound: 100% DirectX 9.0c compatible sound card Input: Dual-analog gamepad

Other Requirements: Requires disc in drive to play (unlimited installations); software installations required including Sony DADC SecuROM, DirectX, and Microsoft’s Windows Installer 2.0.

Heres the direct link: http://2ksports.com/forums/showthread.php?t=205486

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good god, may be a bit more expensive to get a laptop that can handle the game than I thought. Urgh.

edit: How do dual core processors relate to the 2.4 single core requirement?

Good question, cause mine's a 2.6 (on Vista) but it's dual core...

http://www.cpubenchmark.net/common_cpus.html

So, the Pentium 4 2.4 is down at 349, while the 3.0 is gonna be considerably higher. Either way, I'm feeling much better about this, in that most computers should be able to at least manage the game on lower levels.

Hey, could I get some help reading that thing. I'm not a processor wiz and am having trouble figuring out where mine stands on this game. My processor is an AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual-Core Processor 5000+ and is ranked 38th on that chart...

Hey, could I get some help reading that thing. I'm not a processor wiz and am having trouble figuring out where mine stands on this game. My processor is an AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual-Core Processor 5000+ and is ranked 38th on that chart...

I believe it means that you won't be able to crank it on the highest level, but it should be a perfectly acceptable level for you.

As I'm looking at it I'm seeing that mine is ranked higher than a Pentium D 3.0 Ghz... and under their recommended requirements they say 3Ghz dual core but they don't specify if that's Pentium D or a higher class of dual core 3.0 processor. What would you take it as? Either way, I'm pretty sure that I'll at least be able to run it in some capacity...

I don't come close to meeting the requirements for this or NBA 2K9 which I believe are very similar. I can run NBA with no issues. Granted NBA was only $19.99 so it was worth the gamble.

Keeping my fingers crossed that the PS3 is there for the B-day.

I don't come close to meeting the requirements for this or NBA 2K9 which I believe are very similar. I can run NBA with no issues. Granted NBA was only $19.99 so it was worth the gamble.

Keeping my fingers crossed that the PS3 is there for the B-day.

Is the lobbying effort with the wife, paying off?

I actually meet most of the recommended requirements and all the minimum requirements. A few months ago I upgraded my processor from a 2.8 GHz to a 3.06 GHz, increased RAM to 2.5 GB and bought a GeForce 7600 GS video card. The video card is below the recommended requirements, but I'm not about to buy another card.

If your specs are close to the minimum required, you'll probably still be able to play the game with no issues - although maybe on a lower quality or resolution setting.

I'm good. 2.75GHz dual core CPU, HD 4670 GPU, 2GB RAM, plenty of drive space.

Archived