Kccitystar's Total MLB 2008

Kccitystar

Stolen from Reds Nation

Change Coming for 2007

In September 2006, the Dayton Daily News and the Cincinnati Post reported that New Era has already delivered new uniform caps for the 2007 season and that manager Jerry Narron had kept one on his desk. The home caps will return to all-red with a white wishbone C, lightly outlined in black. The caps with red crowns and black bill will be used on the road. Additionally, the sleeveless jerseys will be abandoned for more traditional shirts. The numbers and the lettering for the names on the backs of the jerseys will be changed to an early-1900's style typeface. It had been rumoured that navy blue was to make a return as a trim colour. The alternate club logo and jersey emblem will be the moustachioed Mr. Red from 1956.

this is from the Reds Mailbag on their website, sounds interesting...although it doesn't offer much...

When will the new uniforms be unveiled, and do you have any insider information about what they will look like?

-- Greg, D., Connersville, Ind.

I caught a glimpse on the 2007 home caps the Reds will be wearing while in Pittsburgh for the final series. It'll be a return to the all red style with a hint of black outlining the wishbone-white 'C.' I think it looks pretty cool. The road caps, I believe, will be the same black-billed ones that served as the home hat the past few seasons.

I know nothing about the new uniforms, or when they'll be unveiled. I did hear that the font styling of the lettering and numbers will be something different that no other club currently has. I'll keep you posted if there are new developments.

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It has been released!

Here are some notes from the readme:

Release Notes

-------------------------------

10/10/06

- Complete overhaul. All 163 uniforms including umpire attire as well as the 2006 All-Star game uniforms have been updated. Updated catcher's gear for all 30 major league clubs based on each club's starting catcher.

-Updated wristbands with Adidas, Under Armour, Nike logos

-Updated cleats for all 162 major league uniforms

-Added Milwaukee Brewers Sunday Alternate

-Added Cool-Flo Helmets to select teams

-Replaced Twins and Mariners Spring Training uniform select screen

-Replaced black umpire shirt with light blue version

So far this should hold me down for a long while until 1.11

Archived